Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bobcats, Hornets in advanced discussions for Emeka Okafor, Tyson Chandler trade

Considering that the Hornets were trying to palm off Chandler for absolutely northing .i.e. Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith. The bobcats could have got him without giving up Emeka

Da Mavs

Default Re: Bobcats, Hornets in advanced discussions for Emeka Okafor, Tyson Chandler trade

ESPN says it's a done deal.

Good college starter

I like Chandler but even when he played last season he was terrible. This is definitely an upgrade for the hornets i hope Chandler revives his career in Charlotte.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease obonpaxis's Avatar

Default Re: chandler for okafor deal brewing?

Okafor was an ok draft choice at #2. He's been solid, but he's hit his ceiling and we are killing our cap space for him. I can live with Chandler if he comes off the books after next year. We need to blow up and start over.

Most of our other draft decisions have been pretty bad (if you're a tightwad franchise, then at least draft smart).

I was praying for us to snag Danny Granger when he fell so far, but we picked Sean May instead.

Next year I was screaming for Brandon Roy and we went with Adam Morrison.

And I generally SUCK at evaluating potential draft picks.

I'm better than the GOAT though, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86
    TC has ZERO offensive ability.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore gutterballer733's Avatar

I don't think this trade makes the hornets a contender in the west, or the bobcats a worse team in the east. While Okafor is better than Chandler offensively, he isn't a very substantial upgrade at all. He is also locked up for eight figures for the next few years. As a Bobcat fan, I don't mind a change at the center position. Although we do already have a similar player (Diop) at the position. Weak trade on both parts.

Banned

Default Bobcats trade Emeka Okafor to Hornets for Tyson Chandler

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4634

Charlotte Bobcats General Manager Rod Higgins announced today that the team has acquired center Tyson Chandler from the New Orleans Hornets in exchange for forward/center Emeka Okafor.

In 197 games over three seasons with New Orleans, the 7-1 Chandler averaged 10.2 points, 11.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 34.3 minutes, while shooting .611 from the field (829-1356). Chandler, who missed 29 of the team’s final 44 games last season due to left ankle injuries, averaged 8.8 points, 8.7 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 32.1 minutes over 45 games played in 2008-09.

Also:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4359609
    Last edited by insidehoops; 07-28-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Local High School Star chitownsfinest's Avatar

Default Re: Chandler and Okafur officially traded.

Great trade for the Hornets imo. They dump a player who was not happy with the team and get a better interior defender, scorer, less injury prone, similar rebounder, and shot blocker in Okafor. Nice to see them getting CP3 help after being quiet for so long.

Banned

Yeah, I agree its a good trade for the hornets, but i don't know if it really improves them massively. What they really need is a new replacement for the aging Stojakevic.

Local High School Star chitownsfinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Yeah, I agree its a good trade for the hornets, but i don't know if it really improves them massively. What they really need is a new replacement for the aging Stojakevic.
    Yeah but it's a start for them. They were really quiet before making the trade.

I agree with getting rid of Peja. They need to bring in a athletic wing player to play alongside Chris Paul.

Alongside Chris Paul, Okafor will average 18/10, book it.

Local High School Star

bobcats are straight ****ed

this team already cant score worth **** an now they trade thier best interior scorer, or basically there only one for ****ing tyson chandler?

will j. wright ever get a chance to play? i'm hoping he can be a productive player for them this year, he should at least get that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    Alongside Chris Paul, Okafor will average 18/10, book it.
    I think he'll get around 11-12.5 boards, not 10. With West next to him up front, it'll open up more rebounds for Okafor. Also leading to a whole bunch of put back points

Banned

What exactly is the point of this trade for the Bobcats? They get more salary and the worse player.