Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: 2010/11 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    I don't know where they find some of these commentators. They seriously say the dumbest things sometimes. It can be hard to watch. I really hope he meant to say Sullinger. There is no way in hell Lauderdale is making any NBA roster.
    Don't be so sure about that. Have you seen some of the stiffs currently on NBA rosters and on past NBA rosters. His size and shot blocking ability could land him on an NBA roster. Yes logically you think, there is no way this stiff will ever play in the NBA but there is a possibility more than you think.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

How are we still ranked?

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    How are we still ranked?
    There's not very many good teams in college basketball this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy
    Don't be so sure about that. Have you seen some of the stiffs currently on NBA rosters and on past NBA rosters. His size and shot blocking ability could land him on an NBA roster. Yes logically you think, there is no way this stiff will ever play in the NBA but there is a possibility more than you think.
    What? Stiffs like Jason Collins? He averaged over 14 ppg his senior year at Stanford. Lauderdale is currently averaging around 4 and under 3 rpg and isn't even playing 20 mpg. I GUARANTEE he will not be in the NBA. Hands down the worst player in OSU's rotation. He's good for a dunk or two and a couple block shots a game. That's it. Guy is a scrub.
    Last edited by IlliniFan; 02-07-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Temple back in the rankings (24) though they aren't really playing like it. Scootie Randall and Khalif Wyatt have been playing outstanding. Lavoy Allen is getting 14.2/10 over his last 4 (with 3 double-doubles) after a slow start to the season.

The key though? Juan Fernandez needs to get on track. He's been hampered by a knee injury that's caused him to miss 4 of the last 9 and has looked slow/out of shape when he's played. Only 10-35 shooting the last 5 games for him. If he can get back to being himself we could really take off. Gimme game next on the schedule @home vs. Fordham before a good game @Dayton.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    My friend is a sophomore for Monmouth.
    Both of my friends playing D1 played against each other 2 days ago, Ware for Monmouth and Thompson for Wagner. After not playing much early in the year Ware is getting 17.4 over his last 5. My boy Josh Thompson from Wagner doin' work. Alley-oop on the play after that (#25).

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    There's not very many good teams in college basketball this year.

What? Stiffs like Jason Collins? He averaged over 14 ppg his senior year at Stanford. Lauderdale is currently averaging around 4 and under 3 rpg and isn't even playing 20 mpg. I GUARANTEE he will not be in the NBA. Hands down the worst player in OSU's rotation. He's good for a dunk or two and a couple block shots a game. That's it. Guy is a scrub.
    No. Way to just roll out some random name to make it look good. Guys like Francisco Elson, DeAndre Jordan, Samuel Dalembert, Ryan Hollins, Joel Anthony, Hilton Armstrong, Hamady Ndiaye, BJ Mullens are currently on NBA rosters and with similar stats tells me that Lauderdale has a chance. I am not saying it is for sure thing just don't be surprised if you see him on a roster.

KG, you're going to hate Austin Rivers. After watching 2 complete games of him I can't stand him. Spends more time flopping (kicks his leg out on his jumpers to get contact, falls over when a defender reaches for the ball) and crying to the refs over dumb stuff than actually playing. Luckily, he doesn't seem anywhere near a 1 and done talent at this point so he won't come in and dominate but he does have the capability of getting hot from deep.

I'm torn on his immediate impact capability. I've watched him on TV twice and once was blown away and the other time underwhelmed. The one time I was blown away he hit everything from deep and the other game he didn't. They way you describe him, though, sounds like he's a perfect fit for the dookies.

What scares/worries me is that Iriving getting injured is going to cause him to want to come back next year and their backcourt will be Irving/Rivers. That scares me. Fortunately Kendall Marshall (as I thought he would) has emerged into a more than capable PG to run Roy's system, Reggie Bullock has had multiple games this year where he's come in and got hot from deep, and Barnes is emerging. The wildcard is Barnes and whether or not he will return. I think he will. In fact, I think our entire team will be back next yer +James McAdoo and P.J. Hairston. We'll be missing a backup PG (although some rumors surfacing that Roy is looking at some JUCO PGs) but if everyone is back we'll could be sick next year. Of course, Henson is starting to play like many thought he would coming out of high school as a top 5 player, and if he and Harrison both leave, we'll be back to to a bottom tier top 25 team. I think P.J. Hairston is going to be a stud. 6'5" 220 SG/SF (needs to actually lose some of his bulk) but he's a very good athlete and can fill it up from deep. He's a grown man. Dex seems to be coming into his own a little bit too. We just need a backup PG.

Kendall/Strickland
    Strickland/Bullock/McDonald
    Barnes/Hairston/Bullock
    Henson/McAdoo
    Zeller/Henson

I love that rotation next year. It's a junior-sophomore heavy rotation and you can already tell their chemistry is very good this year. It'll only be better after another summer of workouts. The entire team (minus one) stayed in Chapel Hill this summer to workout and get to know each other. The minus one? Larry Drew II of course.

Dammnit SP, you got me rambling about dook/UNC but the game is Wednesday and I'm excited.
    Last edited by KG215; 02-08-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Check out Matt Howard last night

Caught an elbow right before half fighting for rebound position. Nothing at all malicious about it, just happens sometimes. Got stitched up and didn't return, being monitored for a concussion.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy
    No. Way to just roll out some random name to make it look good. Guys like Francisco Elson, DeAndre Jordan, Samuel Dalembert, Ryan Hollins, Joel Anthony, Hilton Armstrong, Hamady Ndiaye, BJ Mullens are currently on NBA rosters and with similar stats tells me that Lauderdale has a chance. I am not saying it is for sure thing just don't be surprised if you see him on a roster.
    I will be absolutely shocked if he ends up on any NBA roster. He probably has a shot with some small European club at BEST.

LilBTheBasedGod
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

UT with Tony Jones: 5-3
    UT with Bruce Pearl: 0-1

Free Tony Jones

Does Doron Lamb ever miss from 3?

Quote Originally Posted by LilBTheBasedGod
    UT with Tony Jones: 5-3
    UT with Bruce Pearl: 0-1

Free Tony Jones
    And in that "0-1" for Pearl he lost to to UConn. Tony Jones has coached against crappy SEC teams. Not the same. Oh, and Pearl has wins over Pitt and Nova earlier in the year, too. I don't like the guy but just thought I'd point that out.

And yes, I'm aware Pearl has some bad losses this year, too.

Nice to see UNC getting bent over by the officials at dook.

Not surprised, though.

UNC up 29-19 at the under 8:00 TV timeout. Should be more.

LilBTheBasedGod
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

That Maryland coach is an idiot for saying that the ACC is on the same level as the Big Ten.

"In the ACC, you have Duke and North Carolina.
    In the Big Ten you have Ohio State, and...?"

Wisconsin and Purdue.

Which are ranked way higher than UNC.

Get scraped Maryland scrub.