Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Shutter Island - Spoilers

*SPOILERS*

I've just seen this.
    I enjoyed it - I had never seen any trailer or commercial so it worked for me. I was bought into Noyce's and Dr. Solano's conspiracy theories so the idea he could be the patient didn't even touch me
    It is one of those movies where you can collect so many hints and details when you think back at them. Cigarettes, water, the band aid on his forehead etc.
    (One open question for me is: was the scene in the cave with Dr. Solando real?)

Re: the sane vs insane debate, I do think he was crazy.
    I don't believe the screenwriters/director meant to make anyone think that he could be sane, BUT did they mean to leave us with the doubt that the shrinks were actually bad and did this huge role-play just as a sick experiment and not as an actual therapy?

bump...

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

sorry Dooms...you're wrong

if he was sane then why would he have those memories?...his partner WAS his doctor...etc...it makes no sense

this is your conspiracy theory head kicking in and trying to make something into something it isn't

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Okay movie. Definitely overrated in general and i'm tired of Scorcese using Leo D. He's no Deniro and never will be, so stop trying to make him your leading man in every single ****ing movie you do. I mean Jesus christ...if not for DDL in 'Gangs of New York' the movie would be an absolute disaster. Leo D was ****ing horrible in that movie. The only reason to see it was how DDL stole every scene he was in. Greatest actor over the last 25 years.