Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
       

Default Re: Random thoughts on the lockout / offseason:

i've calculated the odds, and there's a 1-in-46 trillion chance that hurricane irene will assemble the remaining materials lying around and finish barclays in the next 24 hours.

if all goes well, on monday they can start rolling in the kegs to the concession stands!

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    YEAH! You on the coast or what? the coast is supposed to be hit pretty bad.
    Closer to the North of Jersey, you?

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Closer to the North of Jersey, you?
    Same. good luck ha

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Same. good luck ha
    You and everybody else

This Hurricane is intense... damn this wind is fierce...

   

a chris bosh interview just came out on SI:
    http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011...sct=nba_t11_a0
    [quote]SI.com: Would you say last season was a success?

Bosh: Well, what I tell people all the time is that it depends on what we do with that first season. If we never win, then yeah, last season was a failure. If we don

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Chris has always come off as an intelligent person. He disassociates himself from the type-A personalities of LeBron and Wade. This is good and bad, but when it comes to his image to the public, it's often a good thing. After I saw him cry in the Finals, he won me be back. Not that I'm a sucker for criers, but it did make me realize that Chris did fairly well in the finals. He did his part, made shots, rebounded, and even hit a game winner, while never complaining. He did play his heart out there, and despite not being able to guard Dirk on a few game winners, he did a great job.

Always thought Chris was the most mature out of the big three. He also get hated on wayy to much and has become underrated imo. I think he did a great job in the finals. Chris cant really play to his full potential when hes on the same team as Wade and LeBron so I dont see why everyone hates on his numbers so much.

   

i really, REALLY don't understand this prokhorov political thing.

this morning it came out that he's done with this political opposition. forced out by the kremlin, or maybe by certain other events / influences.

but net income is commenting heavily that this is very bad news for the nets. what i don't understand is, "why?" i mean, i don't see for a moment why prokhy's image in the NBA or among free agents should take any significant hit over this. most people around the league probably barely know about his political ambitions, and if so, barely care.

so unless prokhy is completely suicidal, then he tones down his political ambitions, and we more-or-less go back to the way things were before, right?

anyway, that's what i myself would think, except for the fact that NI is so upset over this. but hopefully he will explain why at some point, such as in a response to my comment in the article page...

   

http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/9/16/2...-carries-risks

Mikhail Prokhorov's ouster from the political party he headed will surely have consequences for him and his businesses, possibly even the Nets, but right now, those consequences are hard to predict. The Nets owner and the world's 39th richest man accused Russian strongman Vladimir Putin's top political aide of organizing a Kremlin takeover. That's something no one has done before. Thus, the uncertainty.

In a radio interview Thursday night, Prokhorov said he was aware of the risks and accepts them. "I'm used to it. Risk - it's part of my life, I love to take risks, but the risk is reasonable," he told Moscow Echo. "So I'm not afraid, and I have kept the Russian laws." Still, Moscow's biggest financial newspaper listed all of Prokhorov's assets that could be at risk and included his interests in the Nets and the Barclays Center.

One of the country's leading liberals and a friend of Prokhorov's called his position "precarious", particularly his investments. Said Boris Nemtsov: "if he would continue political activities, he risks losing business and possibly searches and criminal cases will begin. As his friend, I would advise him to keep his freedom and return to the business." Not likely now...he's talking about running for president in March.
    well, i guess that's the explanation of why the situation is so troubling. we have an owner unlike any other in pro sports, and this business is like the 'other shoe hitting the floor' considering how magical the prokhorov ride has been so far.

but i guess we can just remain cautiously optimistic for the future. unless putin decides to destroy him, prokhy is still prokhy, and still one of the best owners to have.

and if things --don't-- work out, and the team is sold, we still have brooklyn, we still have the new arena, and we still have a team better positioned than it's been in many years to build a strong roster.

that's my attempt to be generally optimistic, anyway.

   

http://top.rbc.ru/politics/11/10/2011/619738.shtml

Russian press reports that Prokhorov may join a new political party opposed to Prime Minister Vladimir Putin are wrong, we are told definitively.

The information, carried in Izvestia and elsewhere, is not accurate. Prokhorov did tell a Moscow University audience Tuesday that he could ultimately return to Russian politics, but that for now, he will focus on "the development of projects for Russia". He told students he will return to politics only when "conditions are ripe for change."
    phew...

concentrate on the nets, prokhy, not politics. you can get in to politics in 15 years if you really want to, and hopefully putin won't be around then, either...

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

This lockout is dumb as balls.

   

since rep has been turned back on, i figure i should start repping my nets brothers--

so far the system has let me rep wang, blu, BuffaloNetsFan and dasher. when i try try to rep D12, MT, NF93 and idizzle i keep getting the message "you must spread more rep around first."

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    since rep has been turned back on, i figure i should start repping my nets brothers--

so far the system has let me rep wang, blu, BuffaloNetsFan and dasher. when i try try to rep D12, MT, NF93 and idizzle i keep getting the message "you must spread more rep around first."
    Yeah, I'll definitely be looking out for some good nets posts!

Must Spread some Rep before I give it to some of you guys.