Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Default May 4: Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero for the WBC and Ring Welterweight titles

[CENTER]Main Event

Welterweight Championship bout: United States Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs. United States Robert Guerrero

Undercard

Featherweight Championship bout: Mexico Daniel Ponce de Le

Default Re: May 4: Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero for the WBC and Ring Welterweight titles

Easy work.

Will be similar to the Ricky Hatton fight but with a Victor Ortiz like boxer with possibly the same outcome(s.)

Default Re: May 4: Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero for the WBC and Ring Welterweight titles

Why do we need Floyd to fight Canelo? You wanna see Canelo lose that badly?

Quote Originally Posted by DonD13
    Floyd will never takte that fight!

Many Mayweather fans are realizing this and start saying that Canelo is too big for Floyd anyway.
    You're speaking with your heart instead of your head.

You saw his fight against Trout, and if you really think he has a shot, then I don't know what to say. He doesn't throw enough punches, hes not quick enough and he seemed to gas a little in the fight. That is not the style of fighter to beat Floyd.

Punches in bunches is what is needed. Canelo is not that guy.

Your best bet is to put pressure on Floyd behind a really good jab, but that combo is hard to find, and nothing has worked so far anyway. If you sit back and let Floyd open up on you, which Canelo's style will allow, you're going to get your ass beat even worse.

The Canelo fight will happen in may of next year if it's going to happen

I see this fight playing out more like the cotto fight. This is a very good ppv card overall..almost worth the money.

If Floyd is really thinking about retiring soon he might as well take the Canelo fight next because that could potentially come close to breaking his and oscar's ppv record.

But I just don't imagine Floyd fighting more than once a year anymore. He hasn't in a long time.

I used to love boxing before everyone starting ducking each other and the belts became meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    I used to love boxing before everyone starting ducking each other and the belts became meaningless.
    Because of what you mentioned plus bad judging and politics, boxing is extremely frustrating. But there is a lot of great talent in boxing right now which is bringing more excitement to the sport in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PK3434
    I see this fight playing out more like the cotto fight. This is a very good ppv card overall..almost worth the money.

If Floyd is really thinking about retiring soon he might as well take the Canelo fight next because that could potentially come close to breaking his and oscar's ppv record.

But I just don't imagine Floyd fighting more than once a year anymore. He hasn't in a long time.
    He has a 6 month-30 fight contract, he's gonna have too. Plus, he said he's fighting in September.

His next fight will probably be vs Devon Alexander (who he was actually heavily considering before he chose Robert Guerrero), though Amir Khan and Danny Garcia (with a win tonight) are also good choices.

The Canelo fight has to happen no latter than next year, or it won't happen. Floyd will be 37 next year.

After Canelo, he has many options. A dream fight with Pacquiao if Manny starts a win streak beginning with Alverado and Rios latter this year.

Adrien Broner, young pupil meets mentor fight.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    He has a 6 month-30 fight contract, he's gonna have too. Plus, he said he's fighting in September.

His next fight will probably be vs Devon Alexander (who he was actually heavily considering before he chose Robert Guerrero), though Amir Khan and Danny Garcia (with a win tonight) are also good choices.

The Canelo fight has to happen no latter than next year, or it won't happen. Floyd will be 37 next year.

After Canelo, he has many options. A dream fight with Pacquiao if Manny starts a win streak beginning with Alverado and Rios latter this year.

Adrien Broner, young pupil meets mentor fight.
    Cot dam.....

I know I know, it's a 30 month 6 fight contract

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    Cot dam.....

I know I know, it's a 30 month 6 fight contract
    Oh shit, haha.

Banned

Say what you want about Canelo, and there's plenty of criticism you can toss his way, but between he and Floyd, he's fought the best opponent of either in the last 2 years or so.

Trout > Cotto > Guerrero > > Ortiz

About time he stepped up

How many rounds do y'all give Guerrero? He might squeak out 2.

You couldn't pay me to watch Floyd dodge a guy for 12 rounds in route to another decision victory.