Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Anyone here playing Sleeping Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You guys are nuts to consider Sleeping Dogs better than GTA4. No way Jose.
    it's not.

it's GTAIV stripped of any online and multiplayer depth

the levelling system is cool and you actually are encouraged to eat the food in Sleeping Dogs, but i feel other than having more moves in combat that the combat system is kind of clumsy and a little unresponsive at times

i havent gotten into the nitty gritty of the storyline yet, so i cant comment on that yet.

played a lot today, I know for sure this is a once through and then again for all the side missions but after that it will be collecting dust. GTAIV i played for months and months on end.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Just finished it, and I'm pretty thrilled with it. For an open world game, it's definitely short, but I'm not willing to call that a negative necessarily. The story was great. And the end sequence of missions was a really well put together group of set pieces. It seemed to start borrowing from Uncharted there toward the end.

I've gotta buy one more car to have all of them, and I came just short of the Triad experience points required to get to level ten, which is disappointing because I don't thik there's a way to get it now. Otherwise I've gotten everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Just finished it, and I'm pretty thrilled with it. For an open world game, it's definitely short, but I'm not willing to call that a negative necessarily. The story was great. And the end sequence of missions was a really well put together group of set pieces. It seemed to start borrowing from Uncharted there toward the end.

I've gotta buy one more car to have all of them, and I came just short of the Triad experience points required to get to level ten, which is disappointing because I don't thik there's a way to get it now. Otherwise I've gotten everything.
    I'm done with the main story. Can you date the girls a second time?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I'm done with the main story. Can you date the girls a second time?
    Not that I know of. Some of them you go out with couple times as part of a single story arc, but it's not like you can just keep going out with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Not that I know of. Some of them you go out with couple times as part of a single story arc, but it's not like you can just keep going out with them.
    The one who liked the fast cars that was voiced by the korean actress, i miss her. Driving around 2,000 mph to impress her was fun too. I was hoping there would be increasing difficulites to impress her more. Damn Wei scores too fast.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The one who liked the fast cars that was voiced by the korean actress, i miss her. Driving around 2,000 mph to impress her was fun too. I was hoping there would be increasing difficulites to impress her more. Damn Wei scores too fast.
    I finished it last night as well. I really enjoyed it 9/10. Wei was an awesome character and nearly everything that happened I really felt connected with, especially Winston, Jackie, and Uncle Po.

The girl you're thinking of is Sandra and she was definitely the best one. Wei handled that situation like a champ.

More in white [COLOR="White"]that ending mission where you "hack up" big smile lee's men [/COLOR]

I've discovered that there is in fact a way to replay missions through the social hub, so once more through a particularly heavy Triad mission will probably get me the XP I need to max out the Triad bar and get the last upgrade, and probably get me the 40K or so I need to buy the last car as well, and then I'll have it 100% I believe.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I just completed Winston's Mom and The New Boss missions. Am I half way through yet? How long is the game on average doing the main missions and some side missions here and there?

Made that high school varsity squad Hotbullets's Avatar

Around 15 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I just completed Winston's Mom and The New Boss missions. Am I half way through yet? How long is the game on average doing the main missions and some side missions here and there?

I would say The Wedding probably closes the first of three acts. So you can sort of tell where you are in relation to that.

I'm probably at about 25 hours to 100% the thing. But it felt faster than that. I was playing pretty much three hours a night after work, and went on a couple of Sunday binges.

Just finished the main story. Took me about 30 hours while also doing a lot of sidequests and exploring. Damn, it's been a while since I actually finished a game. GOTY for me so far. Let's hope there's lots of expansions

ps: I love how the ending leaves room for additional missions and a full blown sequel.

I'm dieing on trying to max out my triad XP. I'm redoing missions, but I'm just not getting much in the way of XP for it. I've looked it up online, and I'm not the only one who's run into this. Apparently you only get credit for doing better on these missions than you did the first time through. It's really a pain in the ass. I'm doing all the other stuff I'm supposed to be doing, wearing the clothes that give me the boost and stuff. I should grind it out in another 10 missions or so. It's just annoying.

I'm not quite at 100% yet even with that. I think there's some gold medal trophies I have to get, like how long a jump I've done kind of stuff, but I won't worry about that stuff until I get this last triad upgrade.

I'm at 80% on the main story missions. I hope to complete it this week.

I finished this last night. I

I managed to muscle through that last Triad Upgrade. I have an unusual desire to 100% from here. A lot of dopey stuff, blowing up more cars, killing guys by throwing weapons at them, which I didn't even know was possible. I'll probably be going online for some advice on these, but I'll get them.