Local High School Star

Default If Kobe was an alpha leader how many rings does he win?

We all know in real life Alpha = accomplished and not accepting failure

If Kobe was an alpha team leader like Magic, Michael, Wade etc instead of being a awkward loner how many does he win assuming he has the same teams?

I think he wins minimum of 4 or 5 with Shaq. When Shaq gets old and Kobe retools with Pau/Bynum/Gasol/Phil he wins another 3 putting him at 8 rings and arguably greatest of all time. I think Kobe had it gift wrapped to win that many and be the favourite in all of them but his selfishness ruined his own legacy. Every finals Kobe has ever been in, they were the overwhelming favourites. Hell Even Lebron was the underdog in 07, 12, 14 and 15 but Kobe was a favourite in every finals he has played in!

Good college starter

Default Re: If Kobe was an alpha leader how many rings does he win?

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    We all know in real life Alpha = accomplished and not accepting failure

If Kobe was an alpha team leader like Magic, Michael, Wade etc instead of being a awkward loner how many does he win assuming he has the same teams?

I think he wins minimum of 4 or 5 with Shaq. When Shaq gets old and Kobe retools with Pau/Bynum/Gasol/Phil he wins another 3 putting him at 8 rings and arguably greatest of all time. I think Kobe had it gift wrapped to win that many and be the favourite in all of them but his selfishness ruined his own legacy. Every finals Kobe has ever been in, they were the overwhelming favourites. Hell Even Lebron was the underdog in 07, 12, 14 and 15 but Kobe was a favourite in every finals he has played in!
    2-4 in the Finals (with more potential losses looming) while cherry-picking your teammates and jumping from stacked team to stacked team. STAY MAD, B*TCH!!

Banned

where does this myth that he's an awkward loner come from? every media interview or appearance, he's seemed like a charismatic and eloquent public speaker. You'd think he was an anxiety ridden hermit the way people talk about him. Kobe seems better than LeBron, Jordan, Magic, etc. I don't even like Kobe like that but this myth is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by references
    where does this myth that he's an awkward loner come from? every media interview or appearance, he's seemed like a charismatic and eloquent public speaker. You'd think he was an anxiety ridden hermit the way people talk about him. Kobe seems better than LeBron, Jordan, Magic, etc. I don't even like Kobe like that but this myth is stupid
    I wonder how old you are. Which is not a put down, just that perhaps you're younger and Kobe has been in the league 20 years. I mean it's not a secret that Kobe was very focused, did not associate much with his teammates, or hung out. You can easily find this out from his former teamates, or Phil Jackson's latest book. It's not some weird myth that came out of thin air.

Just because a person doesn't like to hang out much with others doesn't mean that they can't talk and are filled with anxiety. They simply have better things to do for themselves. Human personality is not that simplistic and black and white. Perhaps again you're a teenager, with limited life experience, where the main thing in life is trying to be cool and and fit in, in the eyes of your peers. Where you either cool, or a nerd, nothing else.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

But more if he had great teammates his whole career like Duncan.

Or if he had 4 top 10 players by his side for 7 years straight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I wonder how old you are. Which is not a put down, just that perhaps you're younger and Kobe has been in the league 20 years. I mean it's not a secret that Kobe was very focused, did not associate much with his teammates, or hung out. You can easily find this out from his former teamates, or Phil Jackson's latest book. It's not some weird myth that came out of thin air.

Just because a person doesn't like to hang out much with others doesn't mean that they can't talk and are filled with anxiety. They simply have better things to do for themselves. Human personality is not that simplistic and black and white. Perhaps again you're a teenager, with limited life experience, where the main thing in life is trying to be cool and and fit in, in the eyes of your peers. Where you either cool, or a nerd, nothing else.
    don't patronize me with your garbage while at the same time pretending like you're not do so. You come across like a tool. I don't buy any of that crap because it all came out after Kobe went through a rift with Shaq and Jackson, both of which are some well known snakes. I am speaking on what I see and what I have seen of Kobe in his media personality. Unless you're willing to suggest that Kobe is an Oscar quality actor, he comes across as anything but a nervous, introverted type of person. I believe that whole thing is overblown. Just because he doesn't make a fool of himself like a Shaq or LeBron dancing around like morons doesn't make him a friendless retard who can't string together a coherent sentence in the presence of others

Quote Originally Posted by references
    don't patronize me with your garbage while at the same time pretending like you're not do so. You come across like a tool. I don't buy any of that crap because it all came out after Kobe went through a rift with Shaq and Jackson, both of which are some well known snakes. I am speaking on what I see and what I have seen of Kobe in his media personality. Unless you're willing to suggest that Kobe is an Oscar quality actor, he comes across as anything but a nervous, introverted type of person. I believe that whole thing is overblown. Just because he doesn't make a fool of himself like a Shaq or LeBron dancing around like morons doesn't make him a friendless retard who can't string together a coherent sentence in the presence of others
    I'm not patronicing you. And again, just because a person doesn't care for hanging out, and partying, and joking around, does not mean that they would be nervous talking when talking. You're literally saying that a person is only either a introvert, and those people get nervous around others and can't string together a coherent sentence, or they are not introvert, and as such can speak very well and smile around others.

I think that "Myth" that you're talking about is mostly in your head, because you have a very limited teenage type view of possible different human personalities.

I mean obviously, if you think introvert = unable to talk, gets nervous around others. Then your view is very limited.

Local High School Star

Kobe is an idiot,

Just happened to be the tight person at the right time. If he had stayed with the Hornets, he'd be unknown right now.

Instead of being appreciative of his situation and being sub-servant to Shaq, his ego got the best of him,

Overrated, and over appreciated by fans,.

3 more than LeBron.

Local High School Star

Lebron with Shaq and pau and odom and Bynum is automatic 8 championships. I mean the guy won championships without a big man. lebron had to do the rebounding and the playmaking while bosh stood at the perimeter like a guard. If Lebron had those big men Kobe had to do his rebounding with he would be killllliiinnnngggg it. Guaranteed championship this year if cavs are healthy. 3>2 and 4>1