Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone been to or live in BC, Canada?

I think I saw DaHeezy said he lives in BC? DaHeezy if that's true I am jealous fam, I'm visiting right now in Vancouver. It is beautiful out here (your license plates don't lie with the "Beautiful British Columbia").

Just wondering if anyone from the States or elsewhere has travelled here? If not and if you love natural beauty/a lot of trees/hills/fresh air you should definitely check it out.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone been to or live in BC, Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    I think I saw DaHeezy said he lives in BC? DaHeezy if that's true I am jealous fam, I'm visiting right now in Vancouver. It is beautiful out here (your license plates don't lie with the "Beautiful British Columbia").

Just wondering if anyone from the States or elsewhere has travelled here? If not and if you love natural beauty/a lot of trees/hills/fresh air you should definitely check it out.
    Where u staying bruh? I'm out in Surrey but I hang in Van all the time. How long u staying?

I might be behind the bar for UFC somewhere DT. Haven't decided if f I wanted to work it, but I'll be there anyways

Where did they find the bodies of those two BC kids who murdered those people?

I read they both ate lead

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Where did they find the bodies of those two BC kids who murdered those people?

I read they both ate lead
    They were found in Manitoba. They killed themselves

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Where u staying bruh? I'm out in Surrey but I hang in Van all the time. How long u staying?
    My Airbnb is in Surrey!

Bro.. if you aren't Indian/brown and you live here I feel bad af for you. Nice and quiet area but man, speaking as an Indian person myself, I am SICK of literally seeing Indian people every single direction I turn my head here in Surrey, literally 99.9999% people

Other than that, good for you for living here, it is absolutely beautiful bro.

I got here Sunday leaving Friday. So far saw Gastown, Stanely Park, Grouse Mountain/Capilano Suspension. Today we going to Victoria, tomorrow Whistler, then back to Toronto on Friday. I'm here with my parents so it's a very PG rated trip

Might consider moving here in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    I might be behind the bar for UFC somewhere DT. Haven't decided if f I wanted to work it, but I'll be there anyways
    Where should I go DT if I wanted to hang at night? Where are the bar strips?

My Airbnb is in Surrey!

Bro.. if you aren't Indian/brown and you live here I feel bad af for you. Nice and quiet area but man, speaking as an Indian person myself, I am SICK of literally seeing Indian people every single direction I turn my head here in Surrey, literally 99.9999% people

I got here Sunday leaving Friday. So far saw Gastown, Stanely Park, Grouse Mountain/Capilano Suspension. Today we going to Victoria, tomorrow Whistler, then back to Toronto on Friday. I'm here with my parents so it's a very PG rated trip

I hope you're extremely wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    I hope you're extremely wealthy.
    I mean I'm coming from Toronto it's like the same shit cost of living wise.

Was searching up house prices in Delta/Surrey yesterday and considering the square footage some of the prices were not bad (relatively). Some were as expensive as Toronto.

I mean I'm coming from Toronto it's like the same shit cost of living wise.

Was searching up house prices in Delta/Surrey yesterday and considering the square footage some of the prices were not bad (relatively). Some were as expensive as Toronto.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Surrey considered the ghetto? That's like comparing Jane & Finch with Surrey prices.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Surrey considered the ghetto? That's like comparing Jane & Finch with Surrey prices.
    THIS is the ghetto?? That's a nice ass ghetto boy wtf

And I live in Rexdale in Toronto which is the 2nd "ghetto" I guess?? Was born Jane and Finch.

THIS is the ghetto?? That's a nice ass ghetto boy wtf
    I believe Surrey has the highest crime rates in all of the Vancouver area.

My Airbnb is in Surrey!
    Where at? lol. Lot's of Airbnb in Surrey. I'm in Guildford, about a couple of blocks from the mall.

Lol, you literally are in the biggest brown outside of India. Wanna really see brown? Go to the Strawberry Hills area in Surrey. Not gonna lie bro, Indians get a tough rep around the lower mainland. Not trying to be racist as I have a ton of brown friends, but they have a stigma of being inconsiderate jerks. You may from time to time get weird vibes. Some clubs don't even let brown people in

I grew up in Coquitlam. Not a predominantly hispanic area. We're spread around. I bought a place in Surrey during the buyer's era. Bought my condo for $250,000 10 years ago. It's now appraised at over $600,000. Gonna sit on the value. The Hong Kong boom coming in next year is gonna keep skyrocketing the property value.

You'll need a good +60,000 job. I make over 100K and sometimes feel myself tightening my pants

Lol, very touristy things. The ferry is pretty cool to the Island. If you're there check out the Sticky Wicket. Such a cool diverse bar in the middle of DT. It's a good night any night. Victoria is a severe college town. During the day it's all seniors. But at night it's all young adults. there's a 5 to 1 women to men ratio in Vic. Not kidding. If you like beer I suggest eating at Spinnakers. Cool brewhouse by the bay there.

Bad time to go to Whistler as the Gondola broke down. But cool town. Skier community. Cool shops

Did you hit Kitsfest on the weekend? There was a ball tourney. I was gonna play but worked an event for the brewery. Didn't have the chance to make it

Like I said, make sure you have a secure job. Or find yourself living in Abbotsford. It's even expensive to rent. Unless you want a studio. Hit me up next time. Surrey has good ball. Lot's of outdoor parks. Plus I work in the hospitality industry. I can get you into the clubs. Have fun

Surrey is massive. It has a bigger landmass than than Metro Vancouver, Burnaby, and Richmond combined. There are areas in Surrey way more gentrified than Vancouver. It's a progressive city. People moving out of Van and moving in to the suburbs for the bigger living area at a cheaper rate. You're judging it from a very small sample size

I believe Surrey has the highest crime rates in all of the Vancouver area.
    Depends on what crime. For car theft yeah. But for drugs and other crime it's Abbotsford per capita. Surrey just has a larger population but per capita. However due to the large Brown population it does receive a bad stigma. Not trying to be racist but that's the reality of Surrey. SuperDuper could probably back me on this.