Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jabari Parker

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Default Jabari Parker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwDWBfIWDy0
    I found myself saying jesus christ countless times throughout the video.

Default Re: Jabari Parker

Kids gonna be a beast... I still think Julius Randle is the best player in '13 tho.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Never realized that he wears #22. Did Simeon HS officially retire Ben Wilson's #25 jersey instead of having their best player wear it in a tribute to Ben?

Lol my HS team would have smacked Simeon this year.

Wiggins is going to reclassify and he will top them all...

Jabari is a freak. Great size and world class skill.

But I still don't think he has the athleticism to be a superstar in the NBA..

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

Dude still has a ways to grow, in some of those clips he was 16 years old and already doing moves a lot of pro SFs could not attempt in game. Once he gets a college weight and conditioning he will be a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    he was 16 years old and already doing moves a lot of pro SFs could not attempt in game.
    No.

Just no.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Spoken like a true Wiggins fan. Parker is the real deal. And definitely athletic enough to be a star in the NBA. For his size, his handles are unbelievable. Can handle the ball like a guard.

And his first step/hesitation move is enough to get him open and past his defender. Watch the video. Dude has no trouble getting open and getting his shot off.

And if there is one thing about Chicago HS basketball competition - may not always be the tallest players, but they are all tough and fast. Fast!!! And Jabari has no trouble beating those guys with his feet. He runs like a deer and is plenty quick for his size.

Wiggins is good but don't knock Parker - a big man with handles, quicks and can stroke it from deep is pretty rare. Think Carmelo with better handles and without the negativity.

I see Melo with potentially a better handle, but less of an in-between game.

I heard he lost some bulk before the summer so I'm curious to see how he moves now. Melo, while a relatively large guy, still has some incredibly light feet. I don't get quite the same feeling with Jabari.

At one point I thought Jabari was heading to Duke. Lately, I heard the talk between the two parties has basically dissolved and now he is probably going to stay next to home. Any truth? Who would that be, MSU and Illinois?

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

I heard he lost some bulk before the summer so I'm curious to see how he moves now. Melo, while a relatively large guy, still has some incredibly light feet. I don't get quite the same feeling with Jabari.

At one point I thought Jabari was heading to Duke. Lately, I heard the talk between the two parties has basically dissolved and now he is probably going to stay next to home. Any truth? Who would that be, MSU and Illinois?
    Actually Jabari is incredibly light on his feet. For instance Rivals.com talked about how he is so deceptively fast mentioning how he literally "floats across the floor" in giant steps. His lightness of foot and handles are 2 of the main things that set him apart from others his size. But I get what you saying in that to the eye he may not look as light because he still losing some of that childhood fat and is not quite as chiseled as say Wiggins or even Melo at this point. Jabari is reportedly still growing and should be getting more and more chiseled every year but don't let his present body type fool you. Very light of foot. And a much better athlete than given credit for. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sZng...DE81D9682974E8

As you can see from the video -- explosive right there. Posterizing a 7 footer. And Jabari's body has slimmed up quite a bit too.

As far as schools go, I still think Duke is in it... right along with MSU. And their could be one or two more in the mix that are not quite as puplicized. But from most reports I would put MSU and Duke at the top so far. And of course anything can happen but I think Illinois is out. The new Illinois coach has quite a bit of catching up to do and seems to be steadily losing ground in this one.

Last edited by TheTruth11; 06-28-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Clearly he's an incredibly talent, but everything I've heard/read makes him sound like a better kid. One of those prodigies whose parents have kept him grounded (for now). Just that alone makes me root for him, I don't mean to sound like I'm hating or something, more power to any ball player for doing his thing, but the basketball world needs more kids like him.

Actually Parker reminds me of a taller Mitch Richmond.

I've been thinking of a guy who he best resembles and its "Rock".

Jabari looks to be a guy who looks to be so strong and crafty when he gets to the basket that he can finish in all sorts of ways. From his highlight video you see him getting to the basket at times and he's able lower his head and finish at the rim with both hands without even dunking it every time.

That was the same with Mitch Richmond. Both play at a certain smooth pace that you'd almost forget how athletic they are in open space. Both have such good footwork that they can change direction so quicky off the dribble its tough to guard them. Then both can post up, face up and nail the jumper.

But they resemble each other the most with their jumpshot.

Look at how quick of a trigger Jabari has on that.

Mitch's release was top notch too with a quick trigger either pulling up in transition or spotting up for 3.

Im kinda not ruling out Washington this time around.

A lot of family connections and Washington has a great reputation for putting guys in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Clearly he's an incredibly talent, but everything I've heard/read makes him sound like a better kid. One of those prodigies whose parents have kept him grounded (for now). Just that alone makes me root for him, I don't mean to sound like I'm hating or something, more power to any ball player for doing his thing, but the basketball world needs more kids like him.
    I dont think some people will like his religious values.

You see the "hate" Tebow gets, and Jabari seems to really, really be a guy who is going to talk about the Mormom faith as a public figure.

Thats a pretty tough sell espescially in certain parts of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe

You see the "hate" Tebow gets, and Jabari seems to really, really be a guy who is going to talk about the Mormom faith as a public figure.

If he goes to BYU then the Jazz I'd be pretty happy.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe

Right, but that's not on Tebow. I mean, I guess part of it is, the kneeling prayers after big plays and all, but say Cam Newton did that shit, story's dead before either plays a down. And it never even starts if Tebow doesn't win two titles at Florida (one thanks to Chris Leak). You know what I'm getting at with this...

I know Parker's a strict Mormon, but I really don't know what that entails. I mean it's not like Jehovah's Witnesses right, it's not his duty to "spread the word" or whatever is it? If it is, whatever, I really don't think it'd get play. Tebow's a white Xtian QB. For better or worse, that's a long ways away from a black Mormon wing. It'd be a gigantic deal in Utah, but that's it, no one else would care. I mean, let's be honest, some 20 year old black kid preaching doesn't have the resonance that a 23(?) white QB does. That's just how America works, better or worse. I mean shit, one of the two guys that'll be president next term is a Mormon and NO ONE mentions it.