Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 08-21-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
catzhernandez
Underrated

Default I'm PISSED. JUST Found Out Jack is Gone...

First of all, yes, I've been living under a rock, and second of all, yes, I'm back.

But getting to my point, I literally just fond out that we lost one of my favorite Pacers I've watched in my time as a fan, and because why? We didn't want to pay him 5 mil a year? For real? We could have locked him up for FOUR YEARS, for a mere 20 mil?

Jokes.

What made me feel slightly better, is the fact that we picked up Earl Watson, who I've always been a semi-fan of. He should be a nice piece in our system, and I could see career numbers for him this year.

The only optimism I really have aside of that is the fact that this could be very promising as far as Dunleavy's progress, and maybe we didn't bring back Jack because he would cut into Rush and Mike's minutes.

Still though, I'm always gonna love the one, the only - SUPER JACK!!!

catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Default Re: I'm PISSED. JUST Found Out Jack is Gone...

Yeah it sucks, and I agree he'll be one of my all time favorite one year Pacers. In the end it's a business though, I can't remember the details but it was a frontloaded deal that if we'd matched we'd be in the lux tax this season and next (we may be there next year regardless), and you know the financial problems we're in right now. Toronto wanted him, they structured it to make it next to impossible for us to match. Larry and Morway tried everything they could to make a move to clear cap, even asked the Simons to make the sacrifice and pay the lux tax.

Much as I like Jack, and think he represents what a professional athlete is supposed to be, the guy wasn't the piece that was going to push us back to 50 wins or anything. He is replaceable.

On the bright side, welcome back.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:34 AM   #3
catzhernandez
Underrated

I know he wasn't "the" piece, but damn he was fun to watch.

Just hope Dun Dun comes back FULL FORCE. MMMMM.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:45 AM   #4
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

I like Jack on our team as well last season, but I think Watson is going to do fine with the Pacers. His passing ability will really help out all of the shooters in Pacers' up tempo offense. Jack was a great slasher/scorer and shooter but he could not pass the ball as well as Watson could, therefore I don't think this will be that big of a loss.

Anyway thanks for using my picture and welcome back.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

I really liked watching Jarrett Jack last season. I especially liked his fearless drives to the basket on offense and overall hustle on both ends of the floor. I am glad the Pacers brought in another productive point guard in Earl Watson to replace him, and I wish Jarrett Jack nothing but the best in Toronto.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
Cggamer12
Not airballing my layups anymore

I'll miss JJ this year, but either way, this had to be done. We're already struggling financially, and as good of a player as he was, as someone else already said, he is most certainly replaceable. Earl Watson brings some veteran leadership that we need, and could easily put up possibly his best career numbers with us. He's solid, plays good defense, and is a strong leader. So for the price we had to pay (financially) I think this really worked out pretty well for us.

Still, I'll miss his hustle.
Cggamer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

i was pretty sad when he signed to TOR. he really started getting good.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: