Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Book 'em Dan'l

Default Re: David Lee to GSW @ 5yrs $65 mil

possibly toney douglas? anyone think he's ready as a starter?

other than that, may as well get a well seasoned veteran like ridnour or blake.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

LOL this is horible for golden state

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Btw, I told you newbs DLee was getting as much as Boozer if not more.

Someone was going to buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    That would be a great deal for New York. If they can get Bron they will be sick to watch.

Bron
    Azubuike
    Gallinari
    Amare
    Randolph

People can hate on No D Antoni all they want, but for a start that are 55-60 wins right there with a young roster.
    Randolph at center? I can tell you've never seen him play. Randolph can't guard the 4 or 5 position... that's his biggest problem. He gets pushed around like a little girl.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    rofl? Spurs will be 2-5 seed next year.

Suns and Jazz are the teams that have dropped off. Spurs have the same team, only more health, a new shooter, and getting another big man. Their team will be improved. . .and won 50 games last season with tons of injuries. I'm tired of dumb fans trashing SA. They're still one of the top 8 teams in the NBA easily. I have them ranked in the 4-6 area for power ranking right now.

Barely any teams have enough to say "We're better than SA". Lakers, Magic, Celtics (who I feel Spurs are equal to anyway). Arguably Portland with a chance to be better if Oden can stay healthy. Nobody else can say they're any better than "maybe equal under best circumstances".

i don't know about that. they looked pitiful without Ginobli taking over, even after Parker came back. Duncan is not a every game star anymore, and i don't see him getting any younger next year.

who knows they might come back with renewed vigor but i highly doubt it. its all on Manu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    LOL this is horible for golden state

randolph has been hurt more often than he's played. nellie clearly doesn't like him considering his erratic PT even when he was healthy.

Azabuike is pretty good but then again GS's system will make most guards look good.

not to mention Lee is a beast

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    yeah but he's a injury prone *****. i agree with Azubuike. Turiaf isn't terrible but not great either.

still think Lee is going to prove all of his haters/doubters wrong eventually....
    You seem to be a big David Lee fan. Im a GSW fan, and I really don't know much about David Lee's game...just wondering if it'll compliment biedrins at the 5. can he hit midrange J's?

Also, warriors have a gaping hole at the 3 if buke goes to the knicks, or am I not thinking of someone? don't say morrow either...

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    i don't know about that. they looked pitiful without Ginobli taking over, even after Parker came back. Duncan is not a every game star anymore, and i don't see him getting any younger next year.

who knows they might come back with renewed vigor but i highly doubt it. its all on Manu
    Ginobili
    Parker
    Duncan
    Hill
    Blair
    McDyess
    Anderson

And possibly. . .

Splitter
    Shaq

Name more than 2-3 teams with a better roster than that. That team is beast as hell. Even with aging Duncan. All they need is Parker and Ginobili to stay healthy and they will win high 50's next season. They will win 60'+ if they get both Splitter and Shaq.

When a supposed "aging team" that is rocked with injuries to all their key players all season wins 50 games and knocks off the 2nd seed without home court is a hell of an accomplishment.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Randolph at center? I can tell you've never seen him play. Randolph can't guard the 4 or 5 position... that's his biggest problem. He gets pushed around like a little girl.
    I didn

NBA sixth man of the year

Btw, I told you newbs DLee was getting as much as Boozer if not more.

Someone was going to buckle.
    80 million > 65 million.

You lose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bsyde82
    You seem to be a big David Lee fan. Im a GSW fan, and I really don't know much about David Lee's game...just wondering if it'll compliment biedrins at the 5. can he hit midrange J's?

Also, warriors have a gaping hole at the 3 if buke goes to the knicks, or am I not thinking of someone? don't say morrow either...

i honestly think lee gets underrated because he has white boy game. he's not super athletic, flashy, or any of that. he's just VERY consistent in everything he does, and probably has one of the best mid range shots in the game with excellent finishing capabilities, even for being undersized against freaks at C.

he'd probably be better at PF with Biedrins playing C. but Biedrins looked horrible last year, and needs to get his rhythm back. i know Biedrins is good tho ii've seen it, and i know he was coming off a lot of time from injury where he looked so bad.

whats wrong with Morrow? i agree he's a terrible defender and sort of lazy, but he's a hell of a streak shooter. they just need a better go to, instead of just feeding it to their guards all of the time who chuck it. they had no bigs to rely on last year but i think Morrow could be better if he wasn't so emphasized like he was between all of the injuries they had, and no bigs.

Knicks finally make a good a trade. Randolph, if he stays healthy, could finally have his breakout season. Great deal if this goes down.

Randolph is a beast nice trade for NYC

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    80 million > 65 million.

You lose.

Boozer > Lee first of all, so of course he gets more.

Also, that's only 3m a year difference. Everyone said some team is gonna get Lee cheap for some crap like 8-10m since Boozer just signed. I told them he would be getting 12-13m a year anyway.

Now he's getting 13m.

Predicted perfectly. I win.

Banned

Ginobili
    Parker
    Duncan
    Hill
    Blair
    McDyess
    Anderson

And possibly. . .

Splitter
    Shaq

Name more than 2-3 teams with a better roster than that. That team is beast as hell. Even with aging Duncan. All they need is Parker and Ginobili to stay healthy and they will win high 50's next season. They will win 60'+ if they get both Splitter and Shaq.

When a supposed "aging team" that is rocked with injuries to all their key players all season wins 50 games and knocks off the 2nd seed without home court is a hell of an accomplishment.

Duncan and Manu were fine last year for the most part. the only big injury they had was TP which worked out for the better since Manu finally got to run the show and prove how much of a beast he is.

Blair is overrated. Mcdyess is extremely inconsistent. Duncan is getting older and older, and only played like the HoF Duncan like 1 out of every 3 games. i think Shaq will help especially on the boards where they got dominated by size some games, but i don't see them being much better. if anything they overacheived last year but thats due to Manu playing like the best guard in the league the 2nd half of last season.