Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: Mortal Kombat 2011 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    $4.99
    That's cheaper than I expected. I figured it'd be no less than $9.99. I'm buying her first day, but I may not use her too much.

Perhaps inspired by the route Rockstar took with L.A. Noire's downloadable content, Warner Bros. today announced a "Season Pass" for the Xbox 360 version of Mortal Kombat.
    Four characters will be made available through DLC in the coming weeks, starting with Skarlet (featured in the trailer above) on June 21. She'll be followed by Kenshi, Rain, and a fourth, unannounced new character. They all include their own move sets, two fatalities, and an arcade story mode ending. They'll be sold individually for $5 (400 Microsoft Points) each unless you opt for the Season Pass, which will only be available on the Xbox Live Marketplace. The Season Pass is set for release alongside Skarlet on June 21 for $15 (1,200 Microsoft Points) and entitles you to all four DLC characters. You're essentially being asked to pre-order future DLC at a discount, which is precisely what the Rockstar Pass offers for L.A. Noire.

In order to prepare for each of the characters, compatibility packs will be released to all, even those who don't wish to buy the DLC. This will allow players to continue playing online without issue. To make up for the hassle to those who couldn't care less about the characters, each of these free updates will include two klassic skins, starting with Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3-inspired skins for Cyrax and Sektor. These skins will also be given to those who buy the characters or a Season Pass.

This isn't the first downloadable content released for the game. The costumes and fatalities offered as pre-order bonuses were released on the Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Store after launch. But the new Season Pass is likely to draw the real ire of gamers; even though it's offering a nice discount on DLC if you happen to want it all, this newfound practice of asking customers to pre-pay for future content isn't likely to sit well with many
    Interesting, where the hell is the goddamn patch!!!

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

who is playing the Skarlet character right now on Xbox? PS store doesn't have the DLC available yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob Saibot
    who is playing the Skarlet character right now on Xbox? PS store doesn't have the DLC available yet.
    I'm reading that there are alot of problems with the DLC right now,even on xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    I'm reading that there are alot of problems with the DLC right now,even on xbox.
    well that's just wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    $4.99
    Seriously? For 1 character

That patch has worked miracles on the online. Once they fix up the desync problems, it will be amazing. Still, give me desyncs once in a while over that slow motion lag that the 360 version of MK was getting. Online was pretty much unplayable for me, now I'm just getting the occasional lag spike like every other fighting game. Good stuff.

I'm loving the free UMK3 alternates for Cyrax and Sektor. Skarlet is okay, not really a character I will be using much. I just bought her to keep the roster complete.

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Seriously? For 1 character
    Yep. She just came up on PS3 store.

U can call me cheap but I dont want to buy her. But is there an other way to get the classic Robo costumes?

U can call me cheap but I dont want to buy her. But is there an other way to get the classic Robo costumes?
    not wanting to spend $4.99 on a video game you already spent $60 on for one additional character is not something i'd call cheap. $5 is no joke.

There is. Download the compatibility pack and you'll get the UMK3 alternates for free. The compatibility pack does exactly as it says, players are able to use their Skarlet against you, but you can't pick her until you buy it.

finally got it, and damn this bitch Skarlet got combos.

I'm gonna go ahead and buy the season pass since i know for sure i'm gonna want Rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    There is. Download the compatibility pack and you'll get the UMK3 alternates for free. The compatibility pack does exactly as it says, players are able to use their Skarlet against you, but you can't pick her until you buy it.
    Cool Thanks

Bought both of the DLC's even though I hated the price for Skarlett. Anyway She is better than I expected. Her Combos are easy and amazing. Definitely my favorite girl character.