Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-14-2018, 05:28 PM   #10501
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBergeron
Catelyn was a well written character, brienne, cersei in earlier times. Dany, sansa, yara, arya are not. Are you actually claiming the show is well written at this point? Even the most die hard fan has to admit the writing has gotten worse each year.
By die hard you mean mostly book readers who are some of the biggest high and mighty cvnts on the planet? Are you talking about that egregious group of tools? Danny has always been dull after season/book 1. Nothing about her has changed. She was never written poorly, even now that hasn't changed. Her character makes sense, she's just not a very interesting character because she has dragons to solve all her issues.

Sansa is a well written character, but that Littlefinger trap was clunky writing. But that also makes sense when the actual author is fvcking off writing literally every thing except the story he made too big to finish. Yara is not a main character. She's fine, but her role is too minuscule to matter. Arya has been sloppy, but that's with the books as well. GRRM like the double Ds don't know what to do with her post book 3.

None of this has anything to do with that dumbass stronk wymen nonsense you said.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:29 PM   #10502
HarryBergeron
Banned

This is the calibre of intellect that enjoys >s4 GoT^^^
HarryBergeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #10503
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
This is the calibre of intellect that enjoys >s4 GoT^^^
A passive aggressive response with zero insight and all fluff. All while confirming that you are just like the high and mighty douchebags aka the book readers
Old 11-14-2018, 05:55 PM   #10504
red1
GOAT franchise

Quote:
Who gives a shit about plot holes when you have great actors like Mark Addy, Stephen Dillane, Sean Bean--- most of the good actors are dead, the ones that remain are relegated to meaninglessness (varys, tyrion, theon)

Who cares about plotholes when you have CGI dragons!

Who cares if Varys and Tyrion have been performing the same eunuch joke/midget joke repetotoire for two consecutive seasons---im retarded so its fresh to me!

Who cares about Sansa's refusal to tell her military commander brother about the secret deus ex machina army he could have had at his disposal. 1000s of men died because of this but muh qween in da norf rite? Lets not mention it again.

Who cares that the formerly distinct and diverse costumes have become monotonous? Why wouldnt every frey wear the same hat, every northerner be dressed in the same brown and grey leather ensemble? Makes 100% sense

Look man if you like the show thats fine, just dont pretend it has any merit. Its garbage made to appeal to the reddit and tumblr crowd.
You're an idiot. Probably an annoying-ass dude IRL.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #10505
red1
GOAT franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
A passive aggressive response with zero insight and all fluff. All while confirming that you are just like the high and mighty douchebags aka the book readers
He's literally complaining about the costumes and characters dying as reasons for the show falling off.

Pure fucking retard. Confirmed mouth-breather.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #10506
Skip_Bayless
Decent playground baller

This show is still going?
Skip_Bayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:02 PM   #10507
HarryBergeron
Banned

Quote:
I dont read much fiction, i certainly havent read any of GRRMs work

Quote:
UOTE=red1]He's literally complaining about the costumes and characters dying as reasons for the show falling off.

[/quote]
I didnt claim that characters dying was a reason the shows quality has fallen off a cliff you illiterate spastic. You said it was the best acted show on tv, i contenddd that all of the good actors are either dead or relegated to the sidelines a'la Dinklage and Alfie Allen.

These are the types of low IQ dumdums who sperg out at the idea someone criticising their awful show
Old 11-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #10508
red1
GOAT franchise

Quote:
Who gives a shit about plot holes when you have great actors like Mark Addy, Stephen Dillane, Sean Bean--- most of the good actors are dead, the ones that remain are relegated to meaninglessness (varys, tyrion, theon)
Who cares that the formerly distinct and diverse costumes have become monotonous? Why wouldnt every frey wear the same hat, every northerner be dressed in the same brown and grey leather ensemble? Makes 100% sense

Look man if you like the show thats fine, just dont pretend it has any merit. Its garbage made to appeal to the reddit and tumblr crowd.
You're probably just a kid so it's a waste of time to go back and forth. Every single thing that you posted makes you sound like a whiny little bitch in my eyes.

Read what you posted again and tell me that you aren't complaining about characters being killed and complaining about costumes. Who in the fuck even cares.

If you don't like the show then don't watch it you whiny little bitch. You aren't impressing anyone with your whiny regurgitated faggotry.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:36 PM   #10509
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
He's literally complaining about the costumes and characters dying as reasons for the show falling off.

He's mad about the costumes going black? I thought that was a clear case of symbolism = black = people fighting at the wall vs Wildlings (and WW) = everyone leaving their colors/titles behind to band together. I don't know GRRM will do the same, but I don't see him finishing the story either way. He will finish the next book and someone will write the ending based on cliff notes after his death. His latest interview shows he doesn't know how to finish it all.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:41 PM   #10510
HarryBergeron
Banned

I dont watch the show. You are the whiny ****** who cant handle criticism of his fggy dragons and ice zombies show.

You need to learn the difference between critcism and complaining. i.e I may criticise your parents for their decision to procreate despite both having down syndrome, i am not complaining about it.

It is naive of me to expect an enthusiatic got watcher to understand the difference.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:43 PM   #10511
bladefd
The Renaissance man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawkish
none of the above

you can't take that myth of Azor Ahai literally, GRRM doesn't work like that

this is my take: Azor Ahai is really Rhaegar, the Prince that was Promised

Azor Ahai killed his wife Nissa by pulling Lightbringer from her heart after stabbing her which represents Rhaegar impregnating Lyanna then Lyanna dying of childbirth which means:

Jon Snow = Lightbringer, the one who will end the Great Other

I doubt he would make it that metaphoric. It's a bridge too far.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:46 PM   #10512
HarryBergeron
Banned

Quote:
He's mad about the costumes going black? I thought that was a clear case of symbolism = black = people fighting at the wall vs Wildlings (and WW) = everyone leaving their colors/titles behind to band together. I don't know GRRM will do the same, but I don't see him finishing the story either way. He will finish the next book and someone will write the ending based on cliff notes after his death. His latest interview shows he doesn't know how to finish it all.

The colour change happened a long time ago. Every bolton in winterfell was dressed the same. Not a shred of red or pink to be found. Im also not mad about it, im just stating that the costume and set design has been on as steep a downwarđ trajectory as the writing.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:59 PM   #10513
red1
GOAT franchise

Quote:
I dont watch the show. You are the whiny ****** who cant handle criticism of his fggy dragons and ice zombies show.

You need to learn the difference between critcism and complaining. i.e I may criticise your parents for their decision to procreate despite both having down syndrome, i am not complaining about it.

It is naive of me to expect an enthusiatic got watcher to understand the difference.
no one cares good for you now GTFO

can't wait for this season.

Quote:
I have the first four books read part of the first book and I'm sure down the road I'll revisit this world by reading them all. Out of nostalgia 10 years down the road if anything.

The series is probably going to get the wheel of time treatment I doubt GRRM will finish the series. He already has the core story mapped out but it doesn't look like he'll get around to it. He's executive producing a ton of shows and seems busy with a lot of other projects highly doubtful that fat boy sits down to finish two or three more books in the series.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #10514
ItsMillerTime
O LA DI PO

Quote:

Then why the fvck are you in this thread complaining? Do you really think people value your opinion so much that you must let us know how awful you think the show is? GTFO.

Millions of people around the world enjoy GoT, and it is BY FAR the best thing on television right now. Sure, it's gone downhill a bit starting with Season 5, but that doesn't mean it's all of a sudden terrible. GoT is the benchmark for which all current shows are compared to.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:47 AM   #10515
eliteballer
NBA All-star

Apparently Martin has gone on hiatus to finish Winds of Winter.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: