Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lifting Advice?

Default Re: Lifting Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by JGXEN
    I personally think that you're doing too much for biceps. I would normally go for 3 sets of 5 reps and be done for biceps for a week.
    Also I realised.... WHERE'S YOUR SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS? anyways I would try not to make dumbbells or machine assistance become the primary tools for workout. Barbells are the way to go
    I wrote that, i do all the legs exercises.. i just didn't list them because they are normal in a lifting schedule

I change some exercises during the routine, i'm starting incorporating barbells too. Like i said, i'm experimenting to get the good routine.

Local High School Star

Knowing that you're a basketball player I would higly recommend you follow this guy's advices: https://www.youtube.com/user/overtimeathletes/videos
    Guy is strong as an oxe, jumps out of the gym and is fast as hell even though first impression of his body is nothing special.

Like others have said, focus on your compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, rows, bench press, pull/chinups, overhead press...and do some of those exercises you posted on here just as an assistance work at the end of your workout. Those are small muscle isolation exercises which are not so important if you're naturally trying to gain mass/strength/power and work great for steroid users but if you're natural athlete not so much.

You said you do all leg exercises like squats, deadlifts,.. mind you those are full body exercises and very demanding for your CNS.
    Last edited by LBJ 23; 05-14-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Local High School Star

Also make sure you consume enough calories otherwise you won't get bigger and stronger no matter what kind of training you do. You probably burn a lot of calories during your regular basketball workouts everyday so you need to get those calories up. Choose calorie dense foods like fatty meats, fatty fish, cheese, eggs and even some candies and cakes once you hit your daily dose of healthy foods.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

f*ck squats, i suck at them