Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-07-2018, 02:55 AM   #1
Akrazotile
NBA Legend

Red face Blue Wave Victory Success Tour

Happening right here in this thread, boys.

No gains in the Senate, but we got 4% more seats now than they do in the House.

THIS is what we rioted and shrieked and made up rape accusations for. This moment right here. Savor it.

Light em if you got em, my fellow blue-team jersey wearers. This is our victory thread.

Edit: Sorry, that gif is probably a bit too conservative. We can do BETTER.

Akrazotile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:18 AM   #2
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Default Re: Blue Wave Victory Success Tour

Isnt picking up like 25 seats in the house but not getting the senate exactly what the polls suggested?

It went down pretty much exactly like it was supposed to.

Im a little surprised the democrat kept his seat in west virginia where trump won by 42 points though. They must really like him. I gotta investigate him. He must have some charisma or something.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:44 AM   #3
diamenz
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Isnt picking up like 25 seats in the house but not getting the senate exactly what the polls suggested?

It went down pretty much exactly like it was supposed to.

Im a little surprised the democrat kept his seat in west virginia where trump won by 42 points though. They must really like him. I gotta investigate him. He must have some charisma or something.

manchin votes with the republicans so the people keep him around. pretty sure he voted for the tax cuts. he really has no choice if he wants to keep his seat.
diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:53 AM   #4
Im Still Ballin
well well well

Beta O'Rourke
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamenz
manchin votes with the republicans so the people keep him around. pretty sure he voted for the tax cuts. he really has no choice if he wants to keep his seat.

He was also the only Democrat to vote for Kavanaugh.
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #6
r15mohd
College superstar

i wont say it was a blue wave as a whole, but there certainly are damning moments for the right to be wary of IMO

-Nevada is completely blue
-Texas is showing more blue than ever imagined, worrysome if there's a likable candidate like Beto rallying
-Michigan passed 3 left-leaning proposals, along with electing a democratic Gov to follow through (this looks to have no reversal of the states future path of voting blue)
-FL, tho a red state, passed 1.5m felons to be allowed to vote going fwd...would say that's a bit of a game changer seeing the gaps of under 75k votes between the polls for the Gov and Sen races
-Mich, Wisc, Penn have 46 electoral votes and all did well for democrats last night...all states which Trump did well in for 2016

so yes, a 'wave' didnt coming crashing ashore as you indicate with satire above but the left are in poised positions going into 2020, all while having the checks and balance from the House's victory last night

definitely going to be entertaining come next year's end as we approach the POTUS election run
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:55 AM   #7
Patrick Chewing
Save us Zion....or KD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
Beta O'Rourke

Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:57 AM   #8
Patrick Chewing
Save us Zion....or KD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
He was also the only Democrat to vote for Kavanaugh.

Manchin needs to finally come out and change his Political Affiliation to Republican. You know he wants to.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:01 AM   #9
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Manchin needs to finally come out and change his Political Affiliation to Republican. You know he wants to.

Did you watch the West Wing? He reminds me of the Idaho Democrat who kept voting with Republicans and pissing everyone off until they threatened him and he just changed parties
Old 11-07-2018, 11:04 AM   #10
Patrick Chewing
Save us Zion....or KD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Did you watch the West Wing? He reminds me of the Idaho Democrat who kept voting with Republicans and pissing everyone off until they threatened him and he just changed parties

Never saw it, but it wouldn't surprise me with this current crop of Democrats for them to try something like this.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:38 AM   #11
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Dems internally are SHOOK by the Florida results. Without Trump being on the ballot to motivate his base to vote, the Republicans still swept Florida’s statewide races. Desantis and Scott both got over 40% of the Latino vote. The polls had both Gillum and Nelson winning. One had Gillum up by 12 points and Nelson up by 7.

Last edited by NumberSix : 11-07-2018 at 11:42 AM.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:43 AM   #12
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

You should watch it. Republicans talk about its liberal ideals but really...it has the best and most rational portrayals of republicans ive ever seen on tv. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_i3zOcquEQ

Thats part of a totally live episode they had to shoot twice for east/west coast viewers on a presidential debate. The republican there made so much sense all my democrat friends said they would vote for him.

Him and a woman Ainsley won virtually every argument they had on the show. They only really had 2 bad guy republicans and only one of them was supposed to be stupid(it was a Bush knockoff).
Old 11-07-2018, 11:49 AM   #13
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

So, are there any Republicans rioting and protesting over the Democrats taking the house?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:59 AM   #14
r15mohd
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Dems internally are SHOOK by the Florida results. Without Trump being on the ballot to motivate his base to vote, the Republicans still swept Florida’s statewide races. Desantis and Scott both got over 40% of the Latino vote. The polls had both Gillum and Nelson winning. One had Gillum up by 12 points and Nelson up by 7.

so we believe in the MSM polls now...guess whatever fits the agenda

house seat upsets, 1.5m voters now released into the pool, as well as the progressive movements being seen heavily across the state from a state that leans more right...it's actually a bright side looking into 2020 if these are acted correctly on

what is most shocking is that so many actually voted for a progressive movement with Gillum's approach
Old 11-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #15
r15mohd
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
So, are there any Republicans rioting and protesting over the Democrats taking the house?

nothing was an upset...all predicted outcomes at the least. when upsets happen, as with 2016, of course you'll see revolt. this was no surprise, so what is there for them to protest or riot over?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: