Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Spurs depth is severely underrated

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I never said anything, I just quoted an article I saw.

But, looking at the history of the NBA, teams that consistently blow out bad teams turn out to be contenders.

That's all.
    Beating crappy/alright teams makes you a good team.
    Beating the best/top teams in the league makes you a GREAT team and a CONTENDER.

Thought that was common knowledge. Bottom line, Sixers have hardly been tested, and no one should disagree on that.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I never said anything, I just quoted an article I saw.

But, looking at the history of the NBA, teams that consistently blow out bad teams turn out to be contenders.

That's all.
    However you want to spin it. Just get it out of this thread. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Bottomline, the argument against the Sixers bench being the best was "schedule". Its a weak argument to me because the Sixers bench has performed and produced for the Sixers last year, this year and the past 2 games vs what I'm told are "good teams". No one has to see the bench performn against good teams to be sold on the bench when its faced good teams last year. And its relatively the same unit this season. What the bench did vs the good teams was no different than vs bad teammates. Hence why I value the production of a bench moreso than "wins-losses" because as I pointed out? The Spurs bench didnt produce nothing in games, yet it won vs a good team. So what happened? It must have said screw points, rebounds, assists we'll play lockdown defense the stuff that doesnt show up in boxscores? Thats why I dont put a great deal into the wins-loss. I dont ignore it. But I value how a bench performs for the most part.

Sixers bench does that. And no one should need to see it vs good teams to say they are arguably the best bench in the NBA. Its that simple. I feel the Sixers are the best, but acknowledge Spurs, Mavs, Bulls have really good benches as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    It emphasizes that the Sixers bench plays in the weak as sh!t east so their "production" is greatly inflated.
    One of the reasons I throw the bench production out there. Want to see if its inflated after beating Orlando and Chicago.

^ Didn't read since you didn't bother to read my posts obviously.
    Since when did this stop being a Spurs thread?

^ Didn't read since you didn't bother to read mine obviously.
    Since when did this stop being a Spurs thread?
    When you're Spurs fans got butt hurt over "Sixers bench > Spurs bench".

Of course you read my post. Why lie? I read yours so there is no need to pretend "I didnt read yours hmph". You're fooling who?

I'm not hurt. Just trying to have actual intellectual basketball conversations over here. Something I'm unable to do with you constantly posting in this thread off topic. Y'kno I really enjoy when other people can actually base their responses off what others say. With you I feel like you don't seem to read at all, rather just post what you have on your mind in some sort of attack mode you have backed into

If you don't want to discuss basketball with your peers in a mannered way, why are you here?

Make a Sixers bench thread if you please, but can you let do our thing?

Of course you read my post. Why lie? I read yours so there is no need to pretend "I didnt read yours hmph". You're fooling who?
    Um, no I really didn't read.

I'm not hurt.
    Wasnt saying you were. Your fellow fans.

Just trying to have actual intellectual basketball conversations over here. Something I'm unable to do with you constantly posting in this thread off topic. Y'kno I really enjoy when other people can actually base their responses off what others say. With you I feel like you don't seem to read at all, rather just post what you have on your mind in some sort of attack mode you have backed into

If you don't want to discuss basketball with your peers in a mannered way, why are you here?
    Lecture Wonder Bread, not me.

Make a Sixers bench thread if you please, but can you let do our thing?
    I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Lecture Wonder Bread, not me.
    My dude, as shocking as this may be to believe... you may need to listen to it more than he does. Really hard to hold a simple basketball conversation the way you respond and attack other members.

I did that.
    What a good boy.

My dude, as shocking as this may be to believe... you may need to listen to it more than he does. Really hard to hold a simple basketball conversation the way you respond and attack other members.
    Its really not hard. Dont get so offended, bent out of shape. If what I say doesnt apply to you, dont reply. We're not trying to figure out a calculus problem here. If you really felt this way and wanted to drop some advice, it could have been done much earlier. You're not exactly new. I dont recall ever having an issue with you here. And there will not be one in the future. The way I view Wonder Bread, is not how I view you. You're cool in my book.

What a good boy.
    This is something you'll end up thinking "I should edit that out.".