Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Default Re: Colorado legalizes recreational marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    You don't get it. You only have freedoms up until the point where they infringe upon mine.

It's not simply freedom of choice when the rest of the responsible taxpayers have to suffer the consequences of your poor decisions.
    No, it IS simple freedom of choice. My choice to be a 500 pound alcoholic pot smoker would have no bearing on you, except that the government makes that the case by subsidizing my health insurance.

The solution isn't to ban everything that MIGHT be unhealthy, to save taxpayers money. The solution is for the government to stop subsidizing health insurance.

Americans love to run their mouth about free country this and free country that. But they've all become such weaselly, sniveling little rats that they're afraid of freedom. They can't fathom a world where Washington DC doesn't tell them how to live their lives, and where they can't tell others how to live their lives. People like that should swim back to Europe with concrete in their shoes.

I applaud Colorado, and this is a great example of why we need STATE RIGHTS in this country to be reaffirmed, strengthened, and emboldened. I've had enough of one city trying to tell the MILLIONS of Americans what's okay and what's not okay. While states are perfectly capable of violating rights, I'd rather have 50 competing governments rather than one massive blob eating the rest of us with its bureaucratic aggression.

And as an American who as of now still has free speech, I would like to gladly, happily, proudly say, **** the DEA, as well as the FDA, EPA, and the rest. These unelected pieces of garbage don't deserve to call themselves Americans.

Edit- Wow, as anti-patriotism as I usually am, I feel really proud to be an American right now. This is what America is all about. Standing up against tyrannical bullies and their BS, stupid laws. Every man or woman who opens a pot store in Colorado gets my ultimate respect, because it takes a lot of guts to stand up to the federal government and all their guns, and prisons. Beautiful story.
    Last edited by joe; 11-08-2012 at 04:22 AM.

Time to see how many politicians and agencies the tobacco, alcohol, and pharmaceutical companies have in their pockets. The Paper and Cotton corporations will surely be involved as well. There are many reasons that Marijuana is still illegal, and none of them have to do with how dangerous a substance it is.

http://slog.thestranger.com/blogs/slog/

Now that Washington State voters have passed Initiative 502 to legalize marijuana, Sergeant Sean Whitcomb, a spokesman for the Seattle Police Department, says this: "For us, the law has changed, and people can expect no enforcement for possession." The law takes effect on December 6.

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    No, it IS simple freedom of choice. My choice to be a 500 pound alcoholic pot smoker would have no bearing on you, except that the government makes that the case by subsidizing my health insurance.

The solution isn't to ban everything that MIGHT be unhealthy, to save taxpayers money. The solution is for the government to stop subsidizing health insurance.

Americans love to run their mouth about free country this and free country that. But they've all become such weaselly, sniveling little rats that they're afraid of freedom. They can't fathom a world where Washington DC doesn't tell them how to live their lives, and where they can't tell others how to live their lives. People like that should swim back to Europe with concrete in their shoes.

I applaud Colorado, and this is a great example of why we need STATE RIGHTS in this country to be reaffirmed, strengthened, and emboldened. I've had enough of one city trying to tell the MILLIONS of Americans what's okay and what's not okay. While states are perfectly capable of violating rights, I'd rather have 50 competing governments rather than one massive blob eating the rest of us with its bureaucratic aggression.

And as an American who as of now still has free speech, I would like to gladly, happily, proudly say, **** the DEA, as well as the FDA, EPA, and the rest. These unelected pieces of garbage don't deserve to call themselves Americans.

Edit- Wow, as anti-patriotism as I usually am, I feel really proud to be an American right now. This is what America is all about. Standing up against tyrannical bullies and their BS, stupid laws. Every man or woman who opens a pot store in Colorado gets my ultimate respect, because it takes a lot of guts to stand up to the federal government and all their guns, and prisons. Beautiful story.
    Poor people steal and kill to maintain their addiction. Drugs take away the free will to decide, just look at thousands of people who want to stop but can't.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Cocaine is not being talked about because it's looked down upon.

Go up to a group of people and tell them you do cocaine and they'll all go wtf.
    Go up to a group of people and tell them you smoke pot and they'll all be like "nice, same man."

Cocaine right now is viewed as the same pot was back in the 90s or whenever it was made illegal.

Eventually cocaine will become popular and take over as the new pot. There is something cool about it being illegal, remember that.
    No its not. What are you talking about? Cocaine will never be viewed like weed because its far more harmful. Its way more addicting and you can actually overdose on it. The reason people look at weed as a drug that should be legalized is because there are very few harmful effects of it. You can't say the same thing about cocaine. With so many stories about how hard drugs like cocaine, especially crack, has ruined lives, there will be very little backing on legalizing it.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Why aren't you pissed about all of your money that went to bailout the banks and the fact that Lochhead charges like $200 million per jet fighter?
    Because that's not the subject of the thread.

And it's lockheed.

But I agree with you. Everyone is depending on the government for money...it's messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    obviously if you're under the influence at the time, but if it's legal for recreational use i don't think they can. can you be fired for drinking beer at your house?

- Your right....but it's when your intoxication affects yourself/others at the workplace.

- If you drink at home and have enough time to get all the alchohol out of your system and be clear and sober for work then it's ok....if you show up to work intoxicated you could be fired.

- The problem with MJ is....it can stay in your system much longer and make you impaired for a longer amount of time then alchohol.

- I think most companies will still test employees.....and still have an option to terminate employees who have MJ in thier system.

- It's just part of bieng a Adult...If I'm working with someone....and we are doing something moderatley dangerous ( driving a car, operating a forklift , carrying heavy boxes , or even working in a office depending on each other etc..etc..) do I want someone who isn't 100% clear and focused?...do they want me to be 80% focused when I'm operating machinery???...

what if I'm not all there and accidently hurt them or Vice Versa?.....this is the stuff responsible companies/people think about.

accidents happen no matter what.....but not bieng 100% clear actually makes it worse ( that's why companies test in the first place)

NBA rookie of the year

Do people actually think legalizing pot will cost the government money?

You can tax it, and more importantly you would be taking non-violent drug offenders out of jail. Prison is very expensive to taxpayers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    No its not. What are you talking about? Cocaine will never be viewed like weed because its far more harmful. Its way more addicting and you can actually overdose on it. The reason people look at weed as a drug that should be legalized is because there are very few harmful effects of it. You can't say the same thing about cocaine. With so many stories about how hard drugs like cocaine, especially crack, has ruined lives, there will be very little backing on legalizing it.
    Yea, this is why cocaine has a bad rep.

Once, weed becomes completely legalized, cocaine will end up being like weed and it will have a high rep again. Cocaine was once attempted to be legalized.

Again, cocaine these days is pretty much viewed as what weed was back in the 80s/90s. It has a bad rep but it will eventually get a good rep because it will be the best and least harmful drug out of all the illegal drugs.

There is something interesting and cool about things that are illegal which is why pot is viewed as cool as it is.

- achohol was once viewed in the same light as Cocaine is now...especially during Prohibition..

- alchohol has ruined far more lives then any drug ever...

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - achohol was once viewed in the same light as Cocaine is now...especially during Prohibition..

- alchohol has ruined far more lives then any drug ever...
    Alcohol has ruined more lives because far more people use it. I have no stats but I'm sure that the % of people that use cocaine who's lives have been ruined by it is higher then with alcohol.

Until they realize more and more potheads start cancelling on their appointments, lose ambition and get isolated from the world.

It is the mental addiction they should be worried about. I have some friends who have totally lost it since they smoke weed. Funny thing is , they can't even stop. If they do ONE " hard " thing during the day such as groceries, they feel entitled they should spend the rest of the night high on weed watching TV and laughing at stupid jokes.

I live in Holland and I know weed gets the best of people. But, sure, legalize it

Alcohol has ruined more lives because far more people use it. I have no stats but I'm sure that the % of people that use cocaine who's lives have been ruined by it is higher then with alcohol.
    lol. Half of Wall Street is on cocaine regularly. If you think there are more ruined coke addicts than ruined drunk alcoholics, you're mistaken.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Yea, this is why cocaine has a bad rep.

Once, weed becomes completely legalized, cocaine will end up being like weed and it will have a high rep again. Cocaine was once attempted to be legalized.

Again, cocaine these days is pretty much viewed as what weed was back in the 80s/90s. It has a bad rep but it will eventually get a good rep because it will be the best and least harmful drug out of all the illegal drugs.

There is something interesting and cool about things that are illegal which is why pot is viewed as cool as it is.
    No it won't, because its still very harmful unlike weed which isn't anywhere near as harmful regardless of it being legal or illegal.

Put it like this. I'm sure there will be people who want to legalize cocaine, but it won't be anywhere near as supported because they can't give the reasoning that its not that harmful the same way they do with weed right now.