High School Varsity 6th Man

Default We should sign Anthony Bennett

Minnesota just bought him out and we should pick him up and develop him. His athleticism definitely fits in with the new showtime style we will be playing this year and moving forward.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: We should sign Anthony Bennett

I'm not sure what team really has roster spots for him even. The Lakers are pretty solid at PF. I would hate to have him take Randle's minutes. Plus they just resigned Artest. Different position but he will make the roster.

Would have preferred Bennett over artest. Bennet may be looking like a bust but he is very young and has upside. A team like this needs as many young prospects as possible. Artest has zero upside. Should have just hired him as a player development coach

NBA lottery pick

Bennett isn't a SF though. He's a under sized PF. They apparently wanted someone off the bench for SF.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Bennett isn't a SF though. He's a under sized PF. They apparently wanted someone off the bench for SF.
    I'm betting you a penny that Byron has plans for Artest to play stretch PF.
    There were talks that he would mentor Randle based on their past workouts etc. I agree with Hate Tim, Don't take away valuable training minutes from your young players. If you want Metta to teach, then hire him as a mentor/personal coach. I can't see Clarkson being this good now if he just played 10 mins/game last season.
    btw, good move to hire Worthy as a consultant (?)