Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Ish ROY 2014

Default ISH Brahs, what if Duncan won a 5th ring last year, and a 6th one this year?

Where would he rank all time then?

Default Re: ISH Brahs, what if Duncan won a 5th ring last year, and a 6th one this year?

Top 5 for sure, arguably top 3.

Default Re: ISH Brahs, what if Duncan won a 5th ring last year, and a 6th one this year?

Top 3

Good High School Starter DFish24's Avatar

Depends, does he win FMVP? Or does he get carried by Parker and Ginobili like '05 and 07?

Ish ROY 2014

Quote Originally Posted by DFish24
    Depends, does he win FMVP? Or does he get carried by Parker and Ginobili like '05 and 07?
    He probably would've won FMVP in '13 if they won Game 6. Dunno about this year tho. I mean, if he averaged around 18/8 on solid efficiency at age 38 in the Finals, I wouldn't blame him if he didn't win FMVP.

Depends on FMVP and his actual play....

I'd say Top 5.

Not sure about Top 3. Cant move him past Jordan/Kareem, no go. After that? Ehhh, why not... IMO would between him and Wilt.

None the less, these hypotheticals, we could do them with most players I guess... although Duncan was pretty damn fkn close to winning last year

Ish ROY 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

I'd say Top 5.

Not sure about Top 3. Cant move him past Jordan/Kareem, no go. After that? Ehhh, why not... IMO would between him and Wilt.

None the less, these hypotheticals, we could do them with most players I guess... although Duncan was pretty damn fkn close to winning last year
    Yeah, that's why I asked it. I don't do hypotheticals much, but Duncan's situation was crazy enough for me to ponder what if?

Good High School Starter DFish24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

I'd say Top 5.

Don't compare Duncan to the GOAT playoff choker.

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

let me see...05 carried by manu...07 caried by parker...mmm....top 10.

College superstar

duncan was great last year....how ISH ranks players, somewhere in the 5-6 range

Why do rings matter so much to rankings? So because Ray Allen hit a shot and Pop left Duncan out of the game, he won't rate as high as he could on the GOAT list. Does that make any sense to anyone?

It's a bad argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Why do rings matter so much to rankings? So because Ray Allen hit a shot and Pop left Duncan out of the game, he won't rate as high as he could on the GOAT list. Does that make any sense to anyone?

It's a bad argument.

Ish ROY 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk

It's a bad argument.
    Wilt fan^

He'd be top 3 in my opinion. Second most Finals MVPs ever is hard to deny. I already have him 4th though.