Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Default Re: What movie plots are you sick & tired of?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Movie starts off with a person or even multiple people, they do things, and then some other stuff, and then the movie ends.
    this. that part where they do the stuff and the things gets so repetitive

The sci fi movie that pretends to be some intellectual piece of work.

Total Recall, Matrix, Inception are 3 movies that have similar gimmicks in their stories. Protagonist is unsure of what is reality and the audience is left wondering the same thing too even after the movie ends.

I am sure Total recall was not entirely original but it seems Matrix and Inception were remakes of it recycling the same plots. This is sickening and tiring.

Most of them

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    The sci fi movie that pretends to be some intellectual piece of work.

Total Recall, Matrix, Inception are 3 movies that have similar gimmicks in their stories. Protagonist is unsure of what is reality and the audience is left wondering the same thing too even after the movie ends.

I am sure Total recall was not entirely original but it seems Matrix and Inception were remakes of it recycling the same plots. This is sickening and tiring.
    Man, if a few movies with some similarities over the course of multiple decades pisses you off, I'd hate to see your reaction to the average movie put out by Hollywood.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DwnShft2Xcelr8
    For me, it's gotta be the movie plots where a retired bad ass with insane fighting and gun skills is forced out of retirement to fight a threat that only he can stop for some reason.
    And I'm sick & tired of movies with useless love side stories. Y'know? Where the love angle doesn't progress the story whatsoever but it's add in there anyway for the shits & giggles.
    bingo

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DwnShft2Xcelr8
    Teens/young adults go to some sort of abandoned location (e.g. cabin, house, warehouse). Along the way, someone/something happens that warns them they're headed into danger. The group ignores it. They reach their destination, joke around, usually mock the loser of the group, who they decided to invite out anyway, and then the couples spread out for sex time. Each one slowly dies painful deaths until the lone loser is left to either survive or die.
    Sometimes the loser of the group gets it first while everyone else is involved in sex time. Usually when he doesn't want to hear the sex pounding and he heads outside with headphones on to take a piss. Then when the group realize he's gone, the alpha-jock will say something like..."He's probably just jerking off somewhere."

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Sometimes the loser of the group gets it first while everyone else is involved in sex time. Usually when he doesn't want to hear the sex pounding and he heads outside with headphones on to take a piss. Then when the group realize he's gone, the alpha-jock will say something like..."He's probably just jerking off somewhere."
    Reminds me of when Jameer gets banned.

Sports moves where there is a last second victory by the underdog. Ball is in the air, super slow mo, shot of the crowd and the people on the sideline, etc. Goes through net/caught for a touchdown at the horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Man, if a few movies with some similarities over the course of multiple decades pisses you off, I'd hate to see your reaction to the average movie put out by Hollywood.
    Good thing is I don't watch movies anymore (especially Hollywood produced ones)...this motivated me to post on this thread.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Taken movies

Also, any movie that is not specifically a love story should not spend one second of the film explaining or giving air time to relationship issues. Every movie ever has some sort of romance in it and it's so unneccessary

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    Good thing is I don't watch movies anymore (especially Hollywood produced ones)...this motivated me to post on this thread.
    What few movies have you chosen to watch in the recent weeks/months then?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Any movie other than "More than a game" is trash

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    Sports moves where there is a last second victory by the underdog. Ball is in the air, super slow mo, shot of the crowd and the people on the sideline, etc. Goes through net/caught for a touchdown at the horn.
    Seconded. Sports movies suck balls. And its always the team of misfits that somehow beats the bullies/super-team. Just once I'd like to see the super-team crush them. Would be refreshing.

Also:

Comic book movies havent mearly been driven into the ground, they've been driven through the core of the Earth. Enough already.

The 30-40 year old frat boy thing is over. Sorry Owen Wilson, Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Seth Rogen, Vince Vaughn, etc. You guys are not funny.
    Last edited by JohnnySic; 10-28-2014 at 08:51 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

When 'tough guy' actors decide to flip it and play a soft role, usually with kids: Arnold, Stallone, Vin Diesel, etc....

Isn't that cute

5-time NBA All-Star

Nice thoughts all around folks.