Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #76
hotsizzle
Superstar

Default Re: Round 1, Dallas @ New Orleans, Game 5, Tuesday 7pm ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Wait, what happened to playoff experience? lol I hate to say: I told you so. Oh, and Dirk, you soft flopping b!tch, go eat one.

Wait, I'm pretty sure you predicted Dallas in 6...

Anyways, great series from the Hornets. The postseason pressures didnt seem to affect them at all and they came out and played even better than they did in the regular season. The Kidd trade is officially a bust..Dallas needs to get some kind of post presence this offseason. I dont think Avery is gone just yet...
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #77
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Wait, I'm pretty sure you predicted Dallas in 6...

Anyways, great series from the Hornets. The postseason pressures didnt seem to affect them at all and they came out and played even better than they did in the regular season. The Kidd trade is officially a bust..Dallas needs to get some kind of post presence this offseason. I dont think Avery is gone just yet...
I said if certain things in their play weren't corrected, then Dallas would win.

The key for NO was that they did have their bench step up, specifically Pargo, who carried the offensive load in key stretches of games. Wright had a good stint or two also.

The bench was the main thing I was concerned about, and I said if they didn't step up, Dallas would win in 6. They did step up, and they showed more heart than Dallas. I also said that playoff experience is overrated, and that hunger/desire and heart can overcome a lack of experience, as I referenced Deron last year, and the Mavs v Warriors also.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #78
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Oh suuuuurrrrre.... the Kidd trade was all Avery's fault, because Cuban always takes orders from other people, especially the coach he was going to fire anyway.

Some Mavs honks are just delusional. The run is over, and they traded away their future. Say hello to mediocrity for the next decade.

first off, Suckass = Stackhouse.

and I'm sorry but the Kidd trade WAS Averys idea. He was calling for it almost right after the GS series.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:28 PM   #79
Shepseskaf
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
and I'm sorry but the Kidd trade WAS Averys idea. He was calling for it almost right after the GS series.
Oh, please. I don't care whose "idea" it was. Avery didn't have the power to pull the trigger. Cuban even got a break when D. George invoked his Bird rights. He could have killed the deal then, but persisted, and now he's ruined the team he poured millions into.

The bottom line: the responsibility for the Kidd trade lies entirely with Cuban. The attempt to pass the buck to Avery is ridiculous.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #80
jody
Decent playground baller

i'll bring up dampier again as one of the main reasons the mavericks lost. this guy can't play. it's 4 on 5 out there when he's on the court.

for 9 million you need somebody to do a lot more than score 7 points.

it was diop, not dampier, who helped the mavericks beat the spurs. he was out there rebounding and blocking shots. for less than a million.
jody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:08 AM   #81
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:21 AM   #82
JohnRuck
Just Say Yes

hornets will beat the spurs in 6
JohnRuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #83
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

What a terrible job by the Mavs to try and make them a team that would get beyond the first round. Desperation proved a major factor in the deal for Kidd. Buss is a genius. The Mavs management must have thought that bringing an old PG was the way to go. CP3 showed them that it was the wrong thing to do. I'm not saying that Kidd didn't want to win, it's just that the rest of the team didn't. They liked fishing so much last summer after their early out of the first round that it seems they want to do it all over again.

I'm so glad that Dirk won't win a Championship. I'm happy that Avery will be the scape goat on this one. The blame always goes to the wrong person. What the Mavs need for next season is heart. So pretty much they are without a pulse for next year. No way in hell they are winning it next year. If they make the playoffs that is.

Good riddance Dirt
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #84
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Interesting note on Paul:

Chris either made, or assisted on, 53% of his team's made field goals in the entire series.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:28 PM   #85
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Give props to the Hornets, they were the better team.

Dirk played a good series, Bass played a good series....
CP3 played a better series.
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: