Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban bill

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    If someone really wanted to commit an extreme crime like this, they will find a way to do it. What should be discussed is finding and implementing better security measures and fixing the broken infrastructure of our schools.
    Exactly. If someone really wanted to go on the rampage, with or without a gun, they can do it.

Who's stopping a nut case from driving a car into a park

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    You know what else is the problem...white people. Look at all them killers...all white people.
    Whoever gave me a neg here is an idiot. I was being sarcastic.

Similar to how you want to ban all weapons because of a nut case.

If someone really wanted to commit an extreme crime like this, they will find a way to do it. What should be discussed is finding and implementing better security measures and fixing the broken infrastructure of our schools.
    The chinese guy that committed the exact same crime on the same day killed 0 because he couldn't find a gun, he only got a knife.

When someone really wants to commit a crime, they will do it. But why make it so easy for them? Why put their mother's gun on the counter where they can pick up within 2 minutes and walk out the door firing? Why not put another roadblock that makes it harder for them to commit the crime, which might possibly deter them, and lower the chances of something like this happening?

That is such a bad excuse for NOT further regulating guns.

The infrastructure of our schools has so little to due with ones ability to purchase high powered weaponry, get angry one day, and kill whoever they please.

To partially quote someone from another message board about the subject
    the right will push for bringing "God" back into the schools or perhaps some new conceal & carry lunch-box edition for smaller arms for minors...

I swear people will want to argue we need to add assault weapons training to our school curriculum to discourage individuals from taking up arms against any other human out of fear that their opposition will be carrying a weapon and have been trained to use it...even if they are children.

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    That is such a bad excuse for NOT further regulating guns.

The infrastructure of our schools has so little to due with ones ability to purchase high powered weaponry, get angry one day, and kill whoever they please.

To partially quote someone from another message board about the subject

I swear people will want to argue we need to add assault weapons training to our school curriculum to discourage individuals from taking up arms against any other human out of fear that their opposition will be carrying a weapon and have been trained to use it...even if they are children.
    I never said anything about not further regulating guns. Stop putting words in my mouth. The failing infrastructure and lack of security measures in schools is a more pressing issue than regulating guns. At my old high school, anybody could walk in through any door.

Saw a basketball once

There are lots of things you don't NEED, but want. I'm pretty sure I can name 2 dozen things in your room if i stepped in and said you don't need this crap.
    Again another stupid analogy....

If someone has a hardon to fire an assault rifle go rent it for the hour at a range.... no need for it at any other point in a civilains life.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    People don't need assault rifles in their homes. Rifles, shotguns, pistols, etc. are fine but assault rifles, who seriously needs one?
    You'll see once the King of England launches an invasion. I can imagine him now licking his chops, just waiting for this law to go into effect.

"Soon"

But on a serious note, this is a good start. Hopefully people will still remember this event by next month, Americans have ridiculously short attention spans. This should've been done after Aurora.

I never said anything about not further regulating guns. Stop putting words in my mouth. The failing infrastructure and lack of security measures in schools is a more pressing issue than regulating guns. At my old high school, anybody could walk in through any door.
    And your solution would be to give all the teachers a gun so they can defend themselves right? Security of the schools is the issue here? And the solution is a shootout between teachers/guards/perpetrator when something like this happens?

How about another perspective: restricting guns so it'll be harder for a nutjob to get a gun and walk through that door?

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    The chinese guy that committed the exact same crime on the same day killed 0 because he couldn't find a gun, he only got a knife.

When someone really wants to commit a crime, they will do it. But why make it so easy for them? Why put their mother's gun on the counter where they can pick up within 2 minutes and walk out the door firing? Why not put another roadblock that makes it harder for them to commit the crime, which might possibly deter them, and lower the chances of something like this happening?
    Having a security measure like a mantrap is a much more significant roadblock than gun regulation; especially with so many guns out there now.. My university lab has this. You enter, and the door locks behind you If you have proper identification, then you can pass or someone can identify you from the inside and let you in. If you fail to provide id, then you are stuck there until the police come. I know there are logistical issues, but having designated points where there is security and metal detectors where a high volume of students can pass is doable

코비=GOAT

And your solution would be to give all the teachers a gun so they can defend themselves right? Security of the schools is the issue here? And the solution is a shootout between teachers/guards/perpetrator when something like this happens?

How about another perspective: restricting guns so it'll be harder for a nutjob to get a gun and walk through that door?
    What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by rsoares28
    Again another stupid analogy....

If someone has a hardon to fire an assault rifle go rent it for the hour at a range.... no need for it at any other point in a civilains life.
    Originally Posted by bmulls
    Then you must necessarily support alcohol prohibition.

15,000 people die every year in drunk driving wrecks as opposed to roughly 10,000 gun murders.

Of the millions of people who responsibly partake in alcohol daily, very few are going to get behind the wheel and kill somebody. But our laws should be designed to protect us from the minority, thus alcohol must be banned.

Right?

Right????

You, sir, are a moron.

I don't trust our government enough to hand over my guns. I don't trust them to adequately protect me against fellow citizens, and I don't trust that they have my best interest in mind.

What are you talking about?
    The fact that you said security of schools are a bigger concern. We can't protect EVERYONE everywhere all the time 24 hours. What's next, security at movie theaters, church, parks? Is security really the problem? It's not. Schools are fine the way they are.

The problem is nutjobs being able to get the guns.

Originally Posted by bmulls
    Then you must necessarily support alcohol prohibition.

15,000 people die every year in drunk driving wrecks as opposed to roughly 10,000 gun murders.

Of the millions of people who responsibly partake in alcohol daily, very few are going to get behind the wheel and kill somebody. But our laws should be designed to protect us from the minority, thus alcohol must be banned.

Right?

Right????
    This argument has be dead and yet here comes another idiot with it.
    Every single day alcohol is consumed about a million times more than a gun is used. The probability that a death is caused by alcohol is smaller than winning a lottery, getting in a planecrash, or getting hit by thunder. On the other hand, even though guns has maybe a bit less death per year, it's usage is MUCH less than alcohol usage, making it's rate MUCH higher. Not to mention it's designed as a weapon, meant to cause damage and harm. What harm does alcohol do directly to you?

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    Actually limiting clip size on semiautomatic rifles to 10 rounds is long overdue. Honestly down to 5 rounds would probably even be better. No need to ban these rifles altogether IMO but there's no doubt these high capacity mags need to go.
    It's actually funny. Shotguns are limited to the amount of shells they can hold to save migratory birds from over hunting but the guns that are more often used in crimes against humans are not regulated at all

This argument has be dead and yet here comes another idiot with it.
    Every single day alcohol is consumed about a million times more than a gun is used. The probability that a death is caused by alcohol is smaller than winning a lottery, getting in a planecrash, or getting hit by thunder. On the other hand, even though guns has maybe a bit less death per year, it's usage is MUCH less than alcohol usage, making it's rate MUCH higher. Not to mention it's designed as a weapon, meant to cause damage and harm. What harm does alcohol do directly to you?
    This is by far the DUMBEST argument I have ever heard.

If you want to take consumption into factor, lets count by how many rounds are fired then we divided it up by deaths.