Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 11-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
JJ81
Good college starter

Default Mario Chalmers

9 steals? Are you kidding me? That's awesome. His fourth regular season game in the NBA and he gets 9 steals. The record for steals in a game is 11. Do you guys think he might get that record in his career? Or was it just a good one off game? I look forward to seeing more of this from him.

Last edited by JJ81 : 11-06-2008 at 01:35 PM.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Default Re: Mario Chalmers

It was his 4th NBA game

And although I love his defense performance... some of those 9 steals weren't really his. If another player knocks the ball away and he ends up with the ball in his hands... he gets credit for the steal.

So in conclusion, what Im saying is the Heat as a team played stellar defense last night... it wasn't just Wade & Chalmers thieving the whole night. Wade was the one who really had a great defensive game.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #3
Dat1
I brick open layups

The Heat got a good pick up in Chalmers. He can be a very good player with hard work and D-Wade is no stranger to that.
Dat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
frozentim
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I coached high school basketball for another team that played Chalmers Team in Alaska. The kid is a stud and has a huge wing spand. He is one of those guys that does not look very quick, but he always ends up with tons of steals. If the Heat is smart they will keep him in the starting rotation all year because he will help Wade for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
It was his 4th NBA game

And although I love his defense performance... some of those 9 steals weren't really his. If another player knocks the ball away and he ends up with the ball in his hands... he gets credit for the steal.

So in conclusion, what Im saying is the Heat as a team played stellar defense last night... it wasn't just Wade & Chalmers thieving the whole night. Wade was the one who really had a great defensive game.
frozentim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
Pat Reilly
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat1
The Heat got a good pick up in Chalmers. He can be a very good player with hard work and D-Wade is no stranger to that.

Compare Chalmers defense to JWill's.

...and DWade won the NBA finals with him a starter.
Pat Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
Pat Reilly
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozentim
I coached high school basketball for another team that played Chalmers Team in Alaska. The kid is a stud and has a huge wing spand. He is one of those guys that does not look very quick, but he always ends up with tons of steals. If the Heat is smart they will keep him in the starting rotation all year because he will help Wade for sure!

He also looks like a guy whose offense will only get better with time. When he gets more familiar with the HEAT and the NBA game...
Pat Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
Wadeaminute
I hit open layups

and he just recently found his stroke, making him a little more dangerous offensively.
Wadeaminute is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: