Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 09-27-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default I always wondered about this.....

Why would you fire Jim O'Brien if he took you guys to the playoffs and did a great Job utilizing Webber and Iverson?

Then u fire him after signing a 5 year contract and decide to hire Mo Cheeks (no disrespect to him) and you guys are back to square 1.

I dont get it.

O'Brien did great.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

He didn't do a good job utilizing Webber and AI. He did a bad job actually. He didn't want Webber, he wanted Walker and when he didn't get him he pretty much acted like a baby. He put in no new plays to involve Webber until he was approached by AI and other players and asked to do so.

He had problems with a number of players, mainly Dalembert, who refused to resign if O'Brien was there and Webber who made it clear he didn't want to play for O'Brien. O'Brien also had problems with the front office due to his attitude about getting the players he wanted and playing time with some of the young players.

He also is a decent coach, but a stubborn one. He did a poor job of managing his players and adapting to them, instead trying to force them into his old Celts team. He also was a poor late game coach, something that Mo is as well.

O'Brien was better than Mo, not by that much, but there were too many problems surrounding him to keep him. But it was another f-up by the front office.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:13 AM   #3
Bishop
I brick open layups

Bishop has no real reputation yet.

From a management standpoint, they knew it would be much easier to use Mo Cheeks as a puppet, as opposed to O'Brien.. But that's just what I've heard a few times.. I wanted Cheeks here, but he didn't do as good of a job as I expected..
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: