Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 02:47 PM   #31
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Elton Brand - Most Disappointing Player this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkess
I really don't see why. His team is doing worse and he individually is doing worse.

Boozer:
Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
06-07 UTA 54 54 34.8 .565 .000 .693 3.2 8.5 11.6 2.9 0.9 0.3 2.50 2.90 20.9

Brand:
Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
06-07 LAC 60 60 38.0 .531 .000 .756 3.5 5.8 9.3 2.5 1.0 2.2 2.43 2.90 20.2

Boozer is scoring more, rebounding more, shooting better, and all in less minutes. The edge Brand has is on defense. Utah is 43-19 (improving dramatically over last season) while the Clippers are 29-33 (with Brand decreasing in productivity from last season).

And that's why Brand is better. If Boozer was a sg he'd be called one dimensional.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #32
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

The shocking thing about Brand was the way he stepped up last year--before that, he was the most overrated player in the league, hands down. It's not a huge surprise he regressed back to normal.

I think AK's decline is mostly because of "Darren" Williams. AK doesn't turn touches into stats like Boozer does, so to be effective he needs more touches than Boozer would, and Williams doesn't seem to understand how and where to get Kirilenko the ball.

Diaw has been disappointing. He's been out of shape, tried to mesh with Amare and then got hurt, but he's about to run out of excuses.

If you expected anything out of Stojakovic, he's probably the most disappointing player in the league so far. Other names that come to mind are Artest (another predictable case), Baron Davis, Kidd/Carter, Iverson (twice), and Carmelo Anthony.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #33
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
The difference is that AK's team is winning and then some. The Jazz are on pace to win 15 games more than the last season, and looking at their recent play might make a realistic push at 60 wins. The Clippers might be in that 8th playoff spot at the moment, but they're 4 games under .500 and playing much worse than last year.

Also, Brand's role within the team hasn't changed. On the other hand, Kirilenko was the number one option most of last year, and right now, he's, what, 6th? Okur, Boozer, D-Will, Harpring, Fisher, and right now even Giricek will have play run for them before Kirilenko. I'd be complaining too.
See, this is exactly how I feel, and that's more what I meant when I said I don't put AK on Brand's level. Brand is the #1 guy in LA, and AK was forced to be a #1, or #2 option last year. Brand was on another level last year.

Again, I'm not saying he's a bad player, but were we fooled by his play last season?

Quote:
Rab, I have a somewhat related question for you; "Would you trade Marion for Elton Brand?".

I agree with your answer A Roc.

Quote:
Diaw has been disappointing. He's been out of shape, tried to mesh with Amare and then got hurt, but he's about to run out of excuses.

I tend to agree here as well, but like AK, I think his role with the Suns has changed. The Suns don't run anything for him like they did last season, and with Amare back, he doesn't look for his offense like he used to. He's still putting up 10/4/5. Not exactly bad, but he could be a lot better.

Last edited by Rab : 03-12-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #34
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
The shocking thing about Brand was the way he stepped up last year--before that, he was the most overrated player in the league, hands down. It's not a huge surprise he regressed back to normal.

I think AK's decline is mostly because of "Darren" Williams. AK doesn't turn touches into stats like Boozer does, so to be effective he needs more touches than Boozer would, and Williams doesn't seem to understand how and where to get Kirilenko the ball.

If you expected anything out of Stojakovic, he's probably the most disappointing player in the league so far. Other names that come to mind are Artest (another predictable case), Baron Davis, Kidd/Carter, Iverson (twice), and Carmelo Anthony.

LMAO @ the most over rated. Are you saying getting 20.3|10.3|2.6 with 2 blocks, 1 steal and 50.4% shooting from the field = over rated? Not to mention averaging a double double EVERY season in his career so far except for one[this one is not done yet]. Yeah, that is very over rated alright.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #35
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
How can everyone say that the players around Brand has not done there part this year but yet still blame Brand for not being the same player he was last year? MINDBOGGLING!

Thank you, one of the best posts I've seen all thread. Brand hasn't been able to play steadily with one PG really this season and now he has a NEW ONE he needs to adjust too, and that's not throwing in his team mates downplay and injuries. Brand is still better then Gasol, Boozer, Randolph EASILY.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #36
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

More like most "dissapearing".

Anyhow, this season proves how important Cassell is.

Brand was so much improved in a large part because Sam's ability to run the pick and roll opened up his mid range jumper (along with elevating his confidence).

Now Sam is hurt/deteriorating Brand doesn't have a good pick and roll partner.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:32 PM   #37
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
LMAO @ the most over rated. Are you saying getting 20.3|10.3|2.6 with 2 blocks, 1 steal and 50.4% shooting from the field = over rated?
Is that why he was overrated? Yes.

That and nobody watching him play, because his team always sucked.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #38
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

So getting snubbed from the all-star team two years ago is being overrated?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:38 PM   #39
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

I don't understand how EB is overrated. I agree that hew's dissapointing, but overrated?
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:15 PM   #40
qrich
King Heno

Quote:

That makes no sense and I want you to name me all active players who have averaged a double-double all but one season in their careers along with 20/10 with 2 blocks. KG's missed three years, Gasol hasn't averaged a double/double, Dirk hasn't either, Boozer hasn't 3 out of 5 years, Randolph hasn't 4/6 years[2/4 if you want to say he didn't get to play], Jermaine has missed a ton of years, even Shaq has missed a year and Amare has NEVER averaged a double double as well. Duncan is the only one who's averaged 20/10+ his career without missing a season of not averaging a double-double. If Elton is "over rated", then I guess so are everyone I named? Yeah, I guess Elton is very over rated for averaging a double-double every year of his career except one while still getting 20/10/2+, only person to do it without missing a year is Duncan like I said.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:16 PM   #41
Jaz
I airball my layups

Jaz has an OK reputation so far

Brand disappointing? If you look at his career trajectory, last year was a fluke. He's back to normal scoring-wise, but a bit down rebounding. His shooting percentage is a career-high. I don't know about his defense.
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: