Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Default how did Denver get to 50 wins?

I can see the talent they have on paper....right up there with
anyone.....

But the last 2 playoff games, Denver seemed to forget about
teammates, they played very selfishly. Shouldn't they be playing
their best right now? If this is their best, I can't figure out how
they won so many games?
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: how did Denver get to 50 wins?

Like the Suns, Mavs and Golden State, these are teams built for the regular season.... (although Kerr is trying to change that for the Suns).....These teams rack up a lot of wins during the regular season via high octane offense with pretty much no defense and when it comes down to the playoffs, they are not title contenders... defense wins championships, plain and simple.

This is my opinion and I am sticking to it!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
kobeFANNER
Banned

Yeah in the playoffs teams gear up defensively since your playing a 7 Game Series. They try to take away what you do best and when your defense sucks and can't get a stop well your in deep ****
kobeFANNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:54 PM   #4
dd24
NBA lottery pick

You can't win in the playoffs if you don't play D. Just ask the Phoenix Suns. They are an exciting team to watch during the season but if they aren't going to play defense when they are on the bubble to get in the playoffs you know for sure they aren't once they are in the playoffs. The funny part is they have one of the best defensive centers in the league (Camby). That really goes to show how bad the rest of the team plays. You are right about playing as a team too, because we all know defense is a team thing. A team that doesn't play together to begin with certainly isn't going to play good D.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
shaoyut
Local High School Star

they got good players but...
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:19 PM   #6
KRAYZIE
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
You can't win in the playoffs if you don't play D. Just ask the Phoenix Suns. They are an exciting team to watch during the season but if they aren't going to play defense when they are on the bubble to get in the playoffs you know for sure they aren't once they are in the playoffs. The funny part is they have one of the best defensive centers in the league (Camby). That really goes to show how bad the rest of the team plays. You are right about playing as a team too, because we all know defense is a team thing. A team that doesn't play together to begin with certainly isn't going to play good D.
You're not going to play or be committed to playing 48 minutes of defense day in and out when your coach does not preach Defense, so when they go against a team, like the Lakers, where the coach preaches and demands defense every game, they get destroyed. Sad, but true.

Last edited by KRAYZIE : 04-27-2008 at 06:27 PM.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:54 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Nuggets aren't just struggling defensively, but offensively there's no rythmn at all and there's too much individualism.

Its obvious that the Iverson and Anthony Project failed. All that talent helped get to some regular season wins but thats about as far as it goes.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:39 AM   #8
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

yeah i agree. they have good individual players Ai, Melo, Smith, Camby but they only play as a one man team. the last game was simply just one pass shoot!

basically im soo gald they got through and golden state didnt cos they are a far better team
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #9
lakers_fan4life
Serious playground baller

i agree with everyone i just dont get it they have the talent to be contenders but NO they are never on the same page they never play denfense and they just seem not to care when they are down 12 in the 3rd or begining of the 4th i dont know what the hell coach karl is doing down in Denver but it sure aing coaching!!!!!!
lakers_fan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #10
dd24
NBA lottery pick

I agree that to a certain extent the finger needs to be pointed at Karl. He is the one that puts the system in place which at this point they really don't have one. It's a lot of 1 on 1 basketball, and obviously no team defense. He isn't the person that put the team together though and was against the AI trade. So some of it has to be the GM.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: