Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Just Started "The Wire"....

Just wanted to update you guys and let yall know I finished the entire series......So Sick!
    who was your fave character?, Did u notice the Omar bad editting moment?

Quote Originally Posted by heavensdevil
    who was your fave character?, Did u notice the Omar bad editting moment?
    Omar was the pretty obvious choice for fav character however at the end of the series i came quite fond of Bodie and Slim Charles lol and Stringer Bell too. Bodie was a soldier to the end.. they way he died forshadowed that whole chess game explanation back in season 1. he was a soldier who gave up what he believed in by Season 4 cause a new breed of boss (Marlo) came in and just started killing people ..just to kill. Slim Charles was like a paid hitman. Loyal, but you gotta give him a reason to run with you. Very Blackwater ish type character. And Stringer bell.. tragic but he had the right idea..his story reminds me of kanye west's line . "Even if you in a benz, you still a niga ..in a coupe".

What omar editing?

Won't watch Homeland based on principle. It's about a hero that might be part of Al Quada? Do I have that right?

Way to propagandize the nation with more BS terrorism. Even if its a well done show, I won't watch it.........propaganda. Al Quada is a fiction......creation of the CIA.

As for the Wire, never watched because I don't want to watch shows about inner city crime and all that garbage. That's a world I want to escape, not immerse myself in it. Seems like a show for rich white people to watch from the comfort of their suburban 2 car garbage house, so they can be entertained by the realism of black people in the inner city, a world they never have and never will come close to. That was my perception, anyway.

But I keep hearing it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o good from everyone that's ever crossed a TV while The Wire was in its path, that I guess I'll just have to give it a shot. Torrents, here i come.......
    Last edited by bagelred; 01-30-2012 at 10:52 PM.

rank sentamentalist

Way to propagandize the nation with more BS terrorism. Even if its a well done show, I won't watch it.........propaganda. Al Quada is a fiction......creation of the CIA.
    ugh. your bullshit drives me nuts. a better example of the starface-coined "liberal" doesn't exist. seriously, you play into his hand with a f*cking full house every time. go to hell and stop playing for our side, you're only hurting the cause.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Won't watch Homeland based on principle. It's about a hero that might be part of Al Quada? Do I have that right?

tha ****

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

As for the Wire, never watched because I don't want to watch shows about inner city crime and all that garbage. That's a world I want to escape, not immerse myself in it. Seems like a show for rich white people to watch from the comfort of their suburban 2 car garbage house, so they can be entertained by the realism of black people in the inner city, a world they never have and never will come close to. That was my perception, anyway.

But I keep hearing it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o good from everyone that's ever crossed a TV while The Wire was in its path, that I guess I'll just have to give it a shot. Torrents, here i come.......
    There's no way you'll let yourself like a show you already have all these generalizations for, or at least not a show like this. you'll nitpick the sh!t out of it, and every scene will reinforce your preconceived ideas about it.

Football In The Groin funkylikemonkey's Avatar

Season 4 is definitely the best.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitkid816
    There's no way you'll let yourself like a show you already have all these generalizations for, or at least not a show like this. you'll nitpick the sh!t out of it, and every scene will reinforce your preconceived ideas about it.
    No, I'll be openminded if i watch it. No worries. If I'm going to go "all in" and try to get into a show, I won't prejudge it.

Or is it not as good as everyone says, and you are now trying to downplay it..........

Watched first 3 episodes of Season 1 on HBOGO.

It's the best show ever made. Literally I was jerking off to the entire episode the entire team with my release just at the end of the episode. It was THAT good. My lord. It's such a commentary on the society we live in....it's so deep.

I'm just playin y'all. Actually it was good. It has me interested to continue through first season at least.

Lots of black people, though. Couldn't they throw in a few asians, maybe some more hispanics.....get alittle cultural diversity going. I mean, who wants to see THAT many black people at one time, am I right? ..........uh oh...........

It's the best show ever made. Literally I was jerking off to the entire episode the entire team with my release just at the end of the episode. It was THAT good. My lord. It's such a commentary on the society we live in....it's so deep.

I'm just playin y'all. Actually it was good. It has me interested to continue through first season at least.

Lots of black people, though. Couldn't they throw in a few asians, maybe some more hispanics.....get alittle cultural diversity going. I mean, who wants to see THAT many black people at one time, am I right? ..........uh oh...........
    i live in south central so i ask myself that question everyday

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

when it gets to season 2 you'll be wondering where all the black people went.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    when it gets to season 2 you'll be wondering where all the black people went.
    It's a good thing The Wire is just fictional. Can you imagine if there were that many black people with all those problems in real life? Whew........what a mess that would be........its just a TV show.

And I must say, those L.A. sets look REALLY authentic. It definitely feels like I'm in Baltimore.

Serious playground baller

It's a good thing The Wire is just fictional. Can you imagine if there were that many black people with all those problems in real life? Whew........what a mess that would be........its just a TV show.

And I must say, those L.A. sets look REALLY authentic. It definitely feels like I'm in Baltimore.
    are you serious? All of America's inner cities everywhere have these problems breh. if at the end of the show you don't want to donate to charity, reach out to kids, speak to addicts, protest the system, and have empathy for all the disenfranchised ghetto youth then you didn't fully get the point of the series.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Not sure if there's spoilers in this thread so I won't read, but I've flown through the first 2 seasons and am on season 3 now. Took me a couple episodes to get into it at first, but I'm really enjoying it now.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitkid816
    are you serious? All of America's inner cities everywhere have these problems breh. if at the end of the show you don't want to donate to charity, reach out to kids, speak to addicts, protest the system, and have empathy for all the disenfranchised ghetto youth then you didn't fully get the point of the series.
    LOL good one, dude. I like your sarcasm.

America is a great place. We are the richest country on earth. Clearly, a rich nation wouldn't have people live like that. But its a good fictional story though. I can see stuff like that happening in other countries though. America, we take care of our own.