Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 11-21-2006, 11:21 AM   #1
ACE45
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ACE45 has an OK reputation so far
Default six straight W's

Mavs won last six against struggling teams, kudos though for picking it up some, can they continue streak? Vs. SA coming up.
ACE45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:31 AM   #2
ACE45

oh yeah by the way #41 was player of the week
Old 11-21-2006, 11:41 AM   #3
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

They're still getting it together themselves. I wouldn't necessarily say they were struggling teams though. With the exception of Memphis, who actually won last night. But Portland has played well. Bobcats have beaten the Cavs and Spurs. Chicago is better than their record due to the road trip. Suns are figuring out themselves much like the Mavs. Struggling perhaps, but I'll take a win over them anyday.

But the Mavs need to continue to improve. The new guys are still trying to figure out where to go both on offense and defense. Avery has decided to go with Devin and live with the mistakes. I think that's been one of the big difference since the start of the season. I see stretches of the team we thought we would see, but I also see some stretches of play that just aren't going to cut it. Let's get Josh back, get the rotation set, and see just what we have. Good or bad.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #4
ACE45

To play harris and live with the mistake could be a very good idea. give him the piont and let him learn by the end of the season those mistakes will be more uncommon. Dirk and Josh will get em to the playoffs so if we lose a few because of mistake it will be better for the mavs down the stretch
Old 11-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #5
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

If Avery wants to learn on how to play Devin he should look no further than Greg Popovich's handling of Tony Parker. Parker was inconsistent, could be a playmaker but was also turnover prone, but Pop let him learn on the job. The only way a young player will improve is through pt. Pop would be harsh, yes, and might yank him at points for making a boneheaded play, but he'd let the kid play and Parker has benefited from his mistakes. Devin Harris is quicker and more athletic and using Parker as a measuring stick I'd say he has a bright future in this league.

Mavs win these six games AFTER Avery went to Devin for his backcourt. Thank you Avery Johnson for not being a tyrant.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: