Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-22-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default Ason Kidd

Because he has no J, Zing! But seriously, for us to win he needs to shoot well. It's been proven, he doesn't have to be an offensive force, just be able to hit the occasional layup and open 3. Check out these statistics from another board, credit goes to Netted.

Quote:
Nets record when Kidd scores 8 points or less: 1-14 (includes the 2 games he didn't play). The only win was against Memphis, the worse team in the league.

Nets record when Kidd shoots less than 30%: 1-17 (again includes 2 games he didn't play). Record when he shoots less than 37%: 3-23. 12 of those 26 games were at home. 12 were against teams currently below .500.

I know some of that was due to playing (or not playing) ill or injured, but it is evident that he's a huge part of the Nets success or failure.

When Kidd shoots 37% or better the Nets win 66.7% of the time! Amazing. If he did that for just 12 of those 26 games the Nets would've probably won 7 more games and be 38-30.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
Drazen_Petrovic
Decent playground baller

Drazen_Petrovic has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ason Kidd

WOw, what an impact he has on the game. I wonder what the stats look like with assists. I wonder on those nights where he was shooting poorly, and scoring low, if he was still averaging high assists or not.
Drazen_Petrovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:46 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

im sure no one brings this up since Kidd is the franchise savior, and no sportswriter often bring it up because Kidd is a HoF point guard, one of the last remaining pure pass first points who make eveyrone around him better

but... Kidd's shot mechanics are rather awkward.

he seems to spring flatfooted and then release a line drive on most shots. on good shots where he spots up and arcs, the arc is rather flat. and he releases rather early.

not to mention when he's going down the middle of the court and the defense scrambles to cover the wings rather than Kidd, Kidd hoists a 20 footer right away from the top of the key rather than set up an offense...

but I still love Kidd. he's the franchise savior.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:06 PM   #4
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Yeah, I've noticed that he's starting to take those 3's with 20 seconds on the shot clock right after he dribbles up the court. I really don't like those shots. One, he's not a great shooter, and two, he's not putting pressure on the defense. Make the defense work, don't cut them a break by jacking up early 3's.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
Yeah, I've noticed that he's starting to take those 3's with 20 seconds on the shot clock right after he dribbles up the court. I really don't like those shots. One, he's not a great shooter, and two, he's not putting pressure on the defense. Make the defense work, don't cut them a break by jacking up early 3's.

well it's rarely a three he puts up early. it's usually a top of the key 20 footer. either way. same reasons you mention.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: