Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DUP
    I wonder if this is worthy at all, big announcement 11AM ET/8AM PT

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/235553313188376576
    *drops $50 on table saying its not big news*

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/208250696766722048

. I may skip the all star pack.. unless reviews claim it's amazing.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Rake, do you know if that dude DaWolf going to gamescon this year?
    I haven't looked too closely, but I thought I read he was. It's this week, yeah?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Posted this morning on a gaming website. This better not be the big announcement . I couldn't give two shits about playing with the Dream Team. Where the F is Scottie?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

Posted this morning on a gaming website. This better not be the big announcement . I couldn't give two shits about playing with the Dream Team. Where the F is Scottie?
    Personally, if this is in fact the announcement today, I'd be quite excited indeed. From there, my logic tells me they'd have to have some sort of realistic competition for them (meaning some of their actual competition from that time or other Dream Teams). If it's just the Dream Team on their own, it'd still be cool, but my excitement would be tapered, for I'm a fan of at least semi-realism, and running those guys against, say, the 2013 Pacers wouldn't be particularly exciting for me.

And yes, where is Scottie?

Edit: It seems to have been confirmed. NBA 2K13 will feature the Dream Team and 2012 Team. I haven't heard any details beyond that though.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 08-15-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

Barkley!

has there been any discussion about the real-time physics? I've heard bits and pieces, but I'd like to see some clips

Where the **** is Pippen? The classic Bulls teams will be ruined without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Where the **** is Pippen? The classic Bulls teams will be ruined without him.
    from my understanding it has to do with licensing specifically for the Olympics team

Quote Originally Posted by Kotaku
    He will not, however, appear on any other team in the game. When asked if that was because Barkley only agreed to an appearance for USA Basketball, or if the game was not returning or adding to its "NBA's Greatest" suite of classic games, Argent demurred. "We're going to talk a bit more about that as we start making more announcements," Argent said, "but Charles will just appear on that 1992 team."
    source

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    i've hated it in every game it's been on. always loved association, a mode i don't think 2k gives quite enough love.
    My favorite game mode. I got 2k12 a few weeks back and still alot of issues with it. I don't know about anybody else but unrealistic stats drive me nuts. Hate seeing FG% way above 50% or guy's putting up unrealistic numbers like Jamison averaging 25 points in Cleveland or AB tearing it up in Toronto like Dirk. It'd be amazing if they could get it near the NBA, like when you play your players efficiency is realistic + the rest of the league.

It'd be cool if they added better scouting for that mode. Like you could find out a guy's vertical or a guy's reach. Probably asking for to much but I'd really prefer a realistic sim game rather than an arcade like game. Doubt that ever happens because the masses would probably disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    My favorite game mode. I got 2k12 a few weeks back and still alot of issues with it. I don't know about anybody else but unrealistic stats drive me nuts. Hate seeing FG% way above 50% or guy's putting up unrealistic numbers like Jamison averaging 25 points in Cleveland or AB tearing it up in Toronto like Dirk. It'd be amazing if they could get it near the NBA, like when you play your players efficiency is realistic + the rest of the league.

It'd be cool if they added better scouting for that mode. Like you could find out a guy's vertical or a guy's reach. Probably asking for to much but I'd really prefer a realistic sim game rather than an arcade like game. Doubt that ever happens because the masses would probably disagree.
    Download some sim rosters from OS.

Banned

Lol PC gamers have had this already. All we're really getting is some new jersey textures, cyberfaces and 2 new jerseys?

2K hype machine does it again

They're releasing another developer insight video in the next couple of days (probably Friday). That's when we get the good info.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

They gonna over-exaggerate old people again. I remember Larry Bird with the most hot spots in the game.

[QUOTE] I had the opportunity to play an early build of NBA 2K13 for 2 hours today. My impressions are based on the demo code for Gamescom (5 minute quarter, Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder, limited options/couldn

bullshit news. i already have the 92 dreamteam, boring.