Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

Yeah I still play it. Just started my first game on Xbox version a few days ago.

Currently 4 games into Summer League with the Lakers, with my 6'1, 169 pound PG (white Brandon Jennings ), averaging 20 points, 3 rebs, 10 assists, and averaging an A in teammate grade.

yeah I really like the mode. Getting 50, 30, 20 and 10 a game never gets old .

Damnnnn, just got the "The saved content is damaged or unreadable" message. Apparently would be my own fault by closing the Xbox too early or something, but I never usually do that. Still annoying, was just about to get to Lakers training camp.

Oh well, back to the start! Wonder what team I'll end up on ........... the Rockets.

aren't Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry on that Summer League roster? Would be pretty hard to get some playing time.

Game 4:
    52 points, 22 assists, 16 rebounds, 13 steals and 1 block. Shot 89% from the field.

Completely routed the other team, 168-80.

Second quadruple-double in a row

Game 5:
    38 points, 35 assists, 16 rebounds, 4 blocks and 2 steals.
    Another blowout win.
    Made the team as the backup point guard. Which is kind of weird because I played four of those five games against the starter. I killed that guy. Well, will get to start soon enough.
    Last edited by NY-Knicks; 05-02-2010 at 12:31 PM.

What exactly or how exactly are you getting such ridiculous numbers? I don't have my guy maxed out but I've got him up in the 90's in everything and don't even come close to numbers like that. I'll have the ocassional 30/15/15 game but not every time out.

I dunk on 12 year olds

yeah i got a 6'7 sg athletic, did d-league now playing for the utah jazz, i got it on pc (reloaded ) and so ican only play 5 min quarters, avaraging, 26.3ppg and 4,2 apg. my rebounding skills, steal blocker skills all are 0 %

shooting 60% from the field 10% from 3 point line and 75% from free throw

getting ps3 this summer will be playing nba 2k11 then ill get real stats

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    What exactly or how exactly are you getting such ridiculous numbers? I don't have my guy maxed out but I've got him up in the 90's in everything and don't even come close to numbers like that. I'll have the ocassional 30/15/15 game but not every time out.

It's really easy, I played nearly a full season with a point guard to know how to score, rebound etc.

First; My guy is 6'7 to grab all those rebounds. I chose athletic because vertical jumping ability is crucial for grabbing rebounds. Remember, I grab 20 boards a game so it works. Just go for every single rebound, especially offensively. If you set an on-ball screen on offense the guy most likely will pull up for a midrange jumper. Roll to the basket, grab the offensive rebound, pump fake once and lay it in.

Steals; This is really easy. When your team has scored they will try to give the ball to the point guard. Stand in the passing lane when he tries to take it out of bounds. He will immediatly pass it to the shooting guard. THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH A BALL DOMINATING SG LIKE DWADE OR KOBE. Because once they get the ball they will dribble it up court and set up the offense. If it's some random sg stay in the passing lanes to prevent the shooting guard from passing to your point guard. He will either throw a longbomb pass upcourt once time expires or pass it to your guy. A simple push on the steal button and you've got yourself a steal and 2 points. It's that simple. Do this every time and you can get a lot of steals. I can get 10-15 a game while my steals rating is just 60.

assists; either do an isolation play, get inside and dish it off to a big man. Or play the pick an roll game, really easy to get assists that way.

points; I dont have a midrange jumper, a threepoint shot and my layups are terrible as well. Just a 60 dunk rating. You can occasionally get inside after running a pick and roll, and if you have a midrange jumper just pull up (need to be good off the dribble though). But where I get most of my points is by playing in the post, the fastbreak or isolations. I get lots of points from offensive rebounds (nearly 10 off. per game) and the steals. Posting up is simple since you have a small guy on you. Just back down a couple times, spin to the baseline, pump fake to avoid a stupid shot and lay it in. Easy.
    On the fast break or during isolation start sprinting just before the defender closes in on you. He will be too slow to react, avoid the contact and get by him. He is now behind you, THIS IS PERFECT WHEN THEY PLAY FULL COURT DEFENSE and you can sprint up court. Multiple options; get inside and dunk, pass it to the big guy or to a wing for a three. Always get ready for an offensive rebound when you pass.

hopefully that will give you 50, 20, 20 and 10.lol. It takes time to know when to jump or get into the passing lanes. It wont work every time. Its a lot of running so make sure you play smart and have good stamina.
    Last edited by NY-Knicks; 05-03-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Saw a basketball once

my 67 sg won mvp roy 6man and championship with the bobcats 2nd season i signed with the bulls were 22-2 or starters r d-rose
    c-reed(me)
    l-deng
    c-boozer
    j-noah
    bench
    s-nash
    AI
    j-johnson
    t-tohmas
    t-gibson
    k-lowery
    t-dogulas

im leading for mvp most improved player d-player and of course another ship i get 40.6ppg 10.4rpg 12.7apg 1.2spg 2.4bpg

Quote Originally Posted by jroc20boys
    my 67 sg won mvp roy 6man and championship with the bobcats 2nd season i signed with the bulls were 22-2 or starters r d-rose
    c-reed(me)
    l-deng
    c-boozer
    j-noah
    bench
    s-nash
    AI
    j-johnson
    t-tohmas
    t-gibson
    k-lowery
    t-dogulas

im leading for mvp most improved player d-player and of course another ship i get 40.6ppg 10.4rpg 12.7apg 1.2spg 2.4bpg

I would have won the chip with the 76ers but it was boring after a while so started over. The season is too long .
    With that guy I had similar stats to you; 42 points, 11 rebounds, 13 assists, 2 steals and 1 block, shooting 64% from the field. I also had a 67 rating .

For some reason I am way better with the new player, probably the height difference. My pg on the Knicks shoots 75-80% from the field. Guess it's the shot selection.

But aren't you getting bored from getting those stats every game and winning every game? I sure did.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Right now i have a 64 overall power forward with the Hawks.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    But aren't you getting bored from getting those stats every game and winning every game? I sure did.
    this is my 2nd guy my first was a 6'7 sg after i lost 4-2 in the finals i was wit denver i signed with okc won 2 ships then signes with the nest after a 30-0 i made the guy i got now and after another ship im going to start over this time with a 6'9 sf with the hawks

I dunk on 12 year olds

started sucking past 4 games, avaraged like 17 ppg and 5apg, on bad shooting games btw, i got 50 3 points atm, what should i get to hit a open 3 once in a while 60 - 70?

Quote Originally Posted by Button
    started sucking past 4 games, avaraged like 17 ppg and 5apg, on bad shooting games btw, i got 50 3 points atm, what should i get to hit a open 3 once in a while 60 - 70?
    why shoot threes? upgrading that attribute is expensive while it is really easy to get open midrange jumpers and lay-ups (which can be upgraded very easily)? Just play the pick and roll game, no need to shoot threes until your player is too good for his opposition.

I dunk on 12 year olds

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    why shoot threes? upgrading that attribute is expensive while it is really easy to get open midrange jumpers and lay-ups (which can be upgraded very easily)? Just play the pick and roll game, no need to shoot threes until your player is too good for his opposition.
    already got mid range 85 and layup 85 and dunk 70, i get open alot, i think it could something extra to my game,
    also i play on computer and only use 5 keys space for passing, e for run boost, q for crossover w for shoot and r for spin, so cant use alot of keys, kidna lame