Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore LLK21's Avatar

Default Re: No one cares that the mavs have been eliminated from playoff contention?

Nope

Default Re: No one cares that the mavs have been eliminated from playoff contention?

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    They would've lost in the 1st or 2nd round. They wouldn't win another title after 2011.
    You probably said the same thing before the 2011 playoffs.

I'm not saying they were a dynasty but you can't just assume that they would have lost that early...

Still lol @ fluke championship. No championship is a fluke. Such disrespect

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    You probably said the same thing before the 2011 playoffs.

I'm not saying they were a dynasty but you can't just assume that they would have lost that early...

Still lol @ fluke championship. No championship is a fluke. Such disrespect

This

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    The real question is, why haven't Mavs fans or the media at large roasted Cuban at the stake yet?

Dude is 100% to blame for the Mavs horrid last two seasons. That team's main components could have remained for a few more seasons, and re-tooled around it. Losing Chandler and Barrea just to throw your hat in the witchhunt was stupid.

At least keep Chandler. I mean, he only was the verbal leader of that locker room
    As much as I agree he shouldn't have broken up the championship team, I think the reason why people haven't roasted Cuban yet is because a) everyone knows he isn't just some by the numbers owner, he really cares about the team, and that he didn't break it up for any reason other than trying to one up himself. And b) the thought of a Deron/Dirk/Dwight big three, though unrealistic, is tantalising on paper. He also deserves credit for finally getting the right mix of people around Dirk.

And for the people claiming 2011 was a fluke, don't be stupid. A championship win isn't a fluke when one guy puts on one of the all time greatest playoff performances. 7 games series, you don't win a flukey championship under that structure

Well...I honestly can't say they should have made it. OJ Mayo was their best player for most of the year due to injuries...and that's not gonna get you very far.

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    How the pseudo mighty have fallen...

2 seasons ago they won their fluke title.
    Fluke? You call destroying the Western Conference and embarrassing everyone's pick for the NBA title a.k.a Miami Heat in the NBA Finals a fluke?

Why don't you go ahead and just say, "Any year that my favorite player doesn't win, it's a fluke victory for everyone else."?

2004 Pistons were without a doubt a fluke championship.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    Yeah I feel your pain felt.
    Would you say you felt his pain?

Shame not to have Dallas in the playoffs, love watching Dirk go off, next year I guess.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    The real question is, why haven't Mavs fans or the media at large roasted Cuban at the stake yet?

Dude is 100% to blame for the Mavs horrid last two seasons. That team's main components could have remained for a few more seasons, and re-tooled around it. Losing Chandler and Barrea just to throw your hat in the witchhunt was stupid.

At least keep Chandler. I mean, he only was the verbal leader of that locker room
    Cuban is also 100% responsible for the Mavs being a playoff team the past 12 years and winning a ring...

the Mavs would still be an afterthought of a team without him...

sure he made some bad moves, he is still the single best thing to ever happen to the Mavs franchise

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    Cuban is also 100% responsible for the Mavs being a playoff team the past 12 years and winning a ring...

the Mavs would still be an afterthought of a team without him...

sure he made some bad moves, he is still the single best thing to ever happen to the Mavs franchise

and or Donny Nelson scouting Dirk.....telling his dad Dirk has the skills to be a super star in the NBA.( bet the house on him)

Not a fluke, but they were playing 5 on 4 due to bronzeys disappearing act in the finals

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Just...don't come back anymore and die. Here is a shovel bury yourself and just disappear please.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    You mean the team that made it to Game 7 of the NBA Finals the very next season??

That doesn't seem fluke-ish at all.

College star

Stern is very happy about this. We all know he got heartburn when he had to hand the Mavs the championship trophy in 2011.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Cubes is getting a lot of burn from the Mavs fanbase. And rightly so. Unfortunately, the next offseason doesn't bode very well for the Mavs, either. What a waste of Dirk's last couple of good years.