Banned

Default For those of u that saw the movie dredd can u explain the end to me

So was she lying about the bomb or what?
    Last edited by Umad101; 10-07-2012 at 02:16 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: For those of u that saw the movie dredd can u explain the end to me

No. He was banking on the notion that the bomb is in the upper level of the building and therefore if she died at the bottom floor rather than if he shot her on top, the signal from the device on her wrist would not reach the bomb.

Btw, it is a shame the movie bombed in the box office. I really liked it, as did the critics, but there is no hope for a sequel.

I can't believe there's two people who went to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    No. He was banking on the notion that the bomb is in the upper level of the building and therefore if she died at the bottom floor rather than if he shot her on top, the signal from the device on her wrist would not reach the bomb.

Btw, it is a shame the movie bombed in the box office. I really liked it, as did the critics, but there is no hope for a sequel.
    I thought it was terrible and regretted spending my money on it. I went into the movie knowing next to nothing about Dredd, and left the movie still knowing next to nothing about Dredd. The focus of the movie was too much on the chick who was in the middle of a herpes outbreak.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Myth

I still am not understanding. She said the bomb was the device that was on her wrist and also connected to her heart. If her heart stops it will trigger the bomb blowing up at least 20 levels?

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Umad101
    I still am not understanding. She said the bomb was the device that was on her wrist and also connected to her heart. If her heart stops it will trigger the bomb blowing up at least 20 levels?
    the detonator was directly linked to her heart rate via a wifi signal on her little wrist contraption. the bomb and heart-monitor-detonator were on the upper levels of a 200 story building. Dredd rightfully gambled on the range of her heart-monitor-detonator being out-of-range on ground level so he tossed that bitch. Since her heart rate didn't flat line until she hit ground, the range of signal didn't reach the detonator.

I really want to try that slow-mo drug.
    Last edited by Lamar Doom; 10-07-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    the detonator was directly linked to her heart rate via a wifi signal on her little wrist contraption. the bomb and heart-monitor-detonator were on the upper levels of a 200 story building. Dredd rightfully gambled on the range of her heart-monitor-detonator being out-of-range on ground level so he tossed that bitch. Since her heart rate didn't flat line until she hit ground, the range of signal didn't reach the detonator.

I really want to try that slow-mo drug.
    Hmm makes sense thanks. It was a good movie don't know why it stunk at the box office

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Umad101
    Hmm makes sense thanks. It was a good movie don't know why it stunk at the box office
    Terrible marketing. It was liked by a majority of critics and fans who actually saw it.