Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Marcus Camby Traded To Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by tsforthrees
    . i like the fact this opens up a spot for nene in the starting rotation.
    good luck with that. hwo many games you gonna get this year?

Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

I can't believe they really just sent him away for a future 2nd rounder. I guess that's Denver's way of officially throwing in the towel.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

WTF clippers are insane... and denver traded camby for a future 2nd round pick holy $#!T maybe the boozer for kaman will play but Kaman>camby. however camby at four makes sense somehow than loul deng at 4...

Banned

Where does this leave the Clippers lineup?

PG- BDIDDY
    SG-Eric Gordon
    SF- AL THorton
    PF- Kaman
    C- Camby

Quote Originally Posted by Emile
    Yeah right. Camby is all stats. He protects nothing. There are guys out there who protect the rim with their presence. Camby isn't one of them. If he is what people say he was, very few teams could score on Denver because they'd have a great anchor who'd make people pay for attempting to drive. That option would be taken away. However, it's not. It never was. Denver was allowing layup drills to all they played against. Camby was making no impact. Likely even hurting them.
    You cant put full blame on him for Nuggets defensive woes. No one ever rotates, the lanes are wide open constantly. I will admit, yes he is overrated defensively, but you cant stop dribble penetration all by yourself

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    good luck with that. hwo many games you gonna get this year?
    well to be fair camby was a major injury waiting to happen. he is well overdue. all three (now two) of our big men are fragile.

Banned

Yeah right. Camby is all stats. He protects nothing. There are guys out there who protect the rim with their presence. Camby isn't one of them. If he is what people say he was, very few teams could score on Denver because they'd have a great anchor who'd make people pay for attempting to drive. That option would be taken away. However, it's not. It never was. Denver was allowing layup drills to all they played against. Camby was making no impact. Likely even hurting them.
    you're backwards.

denver's problem isn't interior defense its perimeter d. camby is like a top 3 defensive big man you're just being ignorant.

NBA sixth man of the year

This is a good move for Clippers. Elton's rebounds and blocks won't be missed anymore now that Camby is on the team.

I gotta see what Clip fans think

Decent playground baller

he cant man the paint? by himself no, w/ kaman easily. both of them can help off each other, mainly camby of corse. hes a help defender, notta man defender. in denver he was their best big, hes not sposed to be in that situation. now w/ la he hes behind kaman and the guy behind him isnt injury prone and not bad at wat hes sposed to do.

cambys a good compliment to a dominant big man. kamans not dominant but keeps improvin. hes good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    You cant put full blame on him for Nuggets defensive woes. No one ever rotates, the lanes are wide open constantly. I will admit, yes he is overrated defensively, but you cant stop dribble penetration all by yourself
    Nah, not putting the whole blame but generally, great defensive centers/anchors do a great job of protecting the rim. That's what Camby's dubbed to be, I mean being the DPOY and all. However, he's far from it and doesn't impact the game nearly as much as an elite anchor should. Look at guys like Duncan and Garnett. Never will their teams be bad on defense, not just because of other factors but them. Ditto for the prime Ben Wallace. Ditto for insert any elite defensive center/shotblocker. Camby just isn't that guy. All stats. Completely overrated. Nuggets were awful on D, each facet of it.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

camby might be the trade bait that the clippers will use to get josh smith from atlanta? if this happens then the rumor posted by l8krh8tr sumthing could be true...

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

so you have 2 injury prone players on the clippers now

Quote Originally Posted by final.wrath
    you're backwards.

denver's problem isn't interior defense its perimeter d. camby is like a top 3 defensive big man you're just being ignorant.
    he's not being ignorant. camby needs another big guy to take up space and bang inside so he can roam around for blocks. he was pure stats in denver.

My friend Brian who works for the Clippers is pretty pissed that Elton Brand sneakfully left , but he says they have alot of money and this is only the first of decent moves.