Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-03-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default B3's Mock Draft (March Edition)

Like I said, this one is late as I wanted to see the tournament first. Also, this one will be one of my crappier mock drafts yet, even though I've seen a good number of games. Just to get this done faster, I'm not going to give any comments on my mock.

1. Miami Heat- Michael Beasley, F, K-State

2. OKC Sonics- Derrick Rose, G, Memphis

3. Memphis Grizzlies- Brook Lopez, C, Stanford

4. Minnesota Timberwolves- O.J. Mayo, G, USC

5. New York Knicks- Jerryd Bayless, G, Arizona

6. L.A. Clippers- Eric Gordon, G, Indiana

7. Milwaukee Bucks- Danilo Gallinari, F, Italy

8. Charlotte Bobcats- DeAndre Jordan, C, Texas A&M

9. Chicago Bulls- Blake Griffin, PF, Oklahoma

10. Indiana Pacers- Kevin Love, PF, UCLA

11. New Jersey Nets- JaVale McGee, C, Nevada

12. Sacramento Kings- Anthony Randolph, F, LSU

Man this looks like I plagiarized nbadraft.net's mock.

13. Portland Trailblazers- Russell Westbrook, G, UCLA

14. Golden State Warriors- Nic Batum, G/F, France

15. Phoenix Suns (Atl)- Donte Greene, F, Syracuse

16. Philadelphia 76ers- Darrell Arthur, F, Kansas

17. Toronto Raptors- Tyler Smith, F, Tennessee

18. Washington Wizards- Darren Collison, G, UCLA

19. Cleveland Cavaliers- D.J. Augustin, G, Texas

20. New Jersey Nets (Dal)- Jason Thompson, F, Rider

21. Denver Nuggets- Hasheem Thabeet, C, Connecticut

22. Orlando Magic- Joey Dorsey, PF/C, Memphis

23. Utah Jazz- Roy Hibbert, C, Georgetown

24. Houston Rockets- Wayne Ellingon, G, UNC

25. OKC Sonics- Robin Lopez, C, Stanford

26. Memphis Grizzlies (LAL)- DeVon Hardin, PF/C, California

27. San Antonio Spurs- Nikola Pekovic.... happy, jamal?

28. New Orleans Hornets- Lester Hudson, G, UT Martin

29. Detroit Pistons- JJ Hickson, NC State, PF

30. Boston Celtics- Serge Ibaka, Congo, PF

Man that sucked... Rip it apart and teach me what I did wrong. Pekovic was just 4 u jamal.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: B3's Mock Draft (March Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
3. Memphis Grizzlies- Brook Lopez, C, Stanford
26. Memphis Grizzlies (LAL)- DeVon Hardin, PF/C, California
At #3 I think the Grizzlies a box office pick and pair OJ Mayo with Rudy Gay. Conley, Gay, and Mayo would be a very exciting young trio and could run like Mike Iavoronni wants to.

Devon Hardin is very athletic and could play the role Andris Biedrins plays in Golden State's version of the Run N' Gun. I expect Darko to eventually be moved for an additional late first round pick, it is just a hunch. I think he would perform better in a half court offense and would possibly excel next to a cat like Chris Bosh.

They could also trade up and make a run at Anthony Randolf who could also help them to become one of the most exciting young teams in the association.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
mjsenno
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mjsenno has an OK reputation so far

How many PG's does Memphis need? Maybe they should draft one every year, Lowry, Conley, now Mayo? Lopez is a good pick for them.

McGee is an interesting pick with NJ at 11. I like his game and status better than DeAndre Jordan, who I see as a huge risk.

Dante' Green should stay at Syracuse, not ready. I think Bayless and Budinger might be a package deal, both stay or both go. If they go, Budinger is Top 15.

www.njnetscast.com
mjsenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #4
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsenno
How many PG's does Memphis need? Maybe they should draft one every year, Lowry, Conley, now Mayo? Lopez is a good pick for them.

McGee is an interesting pick with NJ at 11. I like his game and status better than DeAndre Jordan, who I see as a huge risk.

Dante' Green should stay at Syracuse, not ready. I think Bayless and Budinger might be a package deal, both stay or both go. If they go, Budinger is Top 15.

www.njnetscast.com
Mayo is a 2 guard and there is noise coming out of Memphis that both Lowry and Navarro will be out next year. I doubt that Brooklyn has the athleticism to run in the system that Iavaroni wants to run. None of the big men in the top end of the lottery have the speed, athleticism, and skills combination to play effectively in the Run N Gun so you take the best player available.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #5
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

i think you have done good job keeping players near where they should be-

i believe utah in that situation would take lopez2 over hibbert in a second-

i like the fit for dorsey with the magic(i also see a great fit for golden st)- and as a nugs fan i would be very very happy with thabeet at that pick- what a great long term replacement for camby-

im not a believer of ellington as an nba player- maybe jj reddick like- minus the great white hope part- that kind of playerdoesnt stick- maybe he has a voshon leanord type career thouh-

how could you identify jj hickson as an nba player over another acc freshman like james johnson of wake forest- though different positions i dont see hickson anywhere near a j johnson level player-

im interested in lester hudson- i know nothing about him- is he a pg? - how do you compare him to a courtney lee?

if micheal jordon drafts deadre jordon- nobody will ever let him draft another player gain- jordon and devon hardin both scare me as neither is a good basketball player- but i guess we all know how important "potential" is the draft

as the self-proclaimed leader of the russell westbrook fan club& a nugs fan i hope he doesnt go to portland- though i realize westbrook wont fall to the nugs in the 20's-

not that i see it possible,but interesting- a denver post article today saying nuggets brass drooling over eric gordon to play point alongsie iverson- they forsee trading a big to attempt to move up- i personally would be devistated to see this franchise continue to build around iverson& and possibly trade nene or camby- i also believe if iveson stays jr smith is forced out- sad sad sad, as camby nene and jr are all more importat than ai if we are ever going to be a champonship team- imo- if salary has to go it has to be ai- his expiring contract has to be worth something so someone- sorry for my nugs rant, i just dream of a westbrook & jr backcourt in the future- and im scared the future of the eam will be damaged by keepin ai and losing jr

your own evaluation on your mock cracked me up- makes it harder to attack when you yourself admits is not you best work
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
At #3 I think the Grizzlies a box office pick and pair OJ Mayo with Rudy Gay. Conley, Gay, and Mayo would be a very exciting young trio and could run like Mike Iavoronni wants to.

When I made the pick, I did it because Memphis to me doesn't have a great inside post presence. While Brook Lopez may not be a perfect big man, and since he's not a great rebounder probably not a top 3 pick, I felt he offered the most in that area to Memphis and wasn't too far out of reach for it to be a crazy pick where they're standing.

Quote:
Devon Hardin is very athletic and could play the role Andris Biedrins plays in Golden State's version of the Run N' Gun. I expect Darko to eventually be moved for an additional late first round pick, it is just a hunch. I think he would perform better in a half court offense and would possibly excel next to a cat like Chris Bosh.

I put Hardin there because, even though Lopez somewhat fixes their inside woes, they could still use some more depth in the rotation. Hardin could provide the stuff Brook doesn't do well, i.e. rebounding. They could be a good duo inside.

Quote:

I honestly haven't seen a lot of JaVale McGee, but I figured New Jersey could use an inside post presence like him, and maybe they could turn him into something special next to Sean Williams.

Quote:

I saw the McDonald's All-American Game (or at least part of it), and one of the announcers said that Brandon Jennings talked to Jerryd Bayless, and Bayless told him that he would be staying. Now, I don't have any more updated information than that, and since Arizona's assistant coach Kevin O'Neill is gone, that might effect their decisions. I don't think Bayless will ever be ranked this high again, so I think he should put his name in.

Quote:
Mayo is a 2 guard and there is noise coming out of Memphis that both Lowry and Navarro will be out next year. I doubt that Brooklyn has the athleticism to run in the system that Iavaroni wants to run. None of the big men in the top end of the lottery have the speed, athleticism, and skills combination to play effectively in the Run N Gun so you take the best player available.

Where did you hear this? If that's true, then your Mayo pick makes a lot of sense as there will be a hole at shooting guard. Man, Memphis is in need of an overhaul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
i like the fit for dorsey with the magic(i also see a great fit for golden st)- and as a nugs fan i would be very very happy with thabeet at that pick- what a great long term replacement for camby-

Yeah, Dorsey and Howard would be a HUGE combo down low, tremendous size and both can play defense and rebound. I thought I might have put him up a little high though. As for Thabeet, I figured at 21 they would be in a good situation to take a chance on him and hope he turns into a good long-term replacement.

Quote:
im not a believer of ellington as an nba player- maybe jj reddick like- minus the great white hope part- that kind of playerdoesnt stick- maybe he has a voshon leanord type career thouh-

how could you identify jj hickson as an nba player over another acc freshman like james johnson of wake forest- though different positions i dont see hickson anywhere near a j johnson level player-

I don't know much about either of the two, Ellington I know is a good shooter and Hickson I know nothing about but his ratings. I used nbadraft.net a lot on this one, and since I realized I had forgotten a bit to do March's Mock, I rushed some of my picks and some made no sense whatsoever.

Quote:
im interested in lester hudson- i know nothing about him- is he a pg? - how do you compare him to a courtney lee?

if micheal jordon drafts deadre jordon- nobody will ever let him draft another player gain- jordon and devon hardin both scare me as neither is a good basketball player- but i guess we all know how important "potential" is the draft

as the self-proclaimed leader of the russell westbrook fan club& a nugs fan i hope he doesnt go to portland- though i realize westbrook wont fall to the nugs in the 20's-

I know nothing about Hudson either, just saw somewhere that he might be "the next Rodney Stuckey". Potential went into effect with the Bobcats pick, but I have seen Jordan play and he doesn't look like much of a player yet to me. He'll have a lot of developing to do, and Charlotte appeared impatient when they traded away Brandan Wright last year; this year I can't imagine how fast they'd trade Jordan if they got him. As for Westbrook, do you think he'll stay another year and try and make a name for himself as the leader of UCLA (if Collison, Love leave early)?

Well that's it for me right now, keep posting your comments and tell me why a certain player doesn't fit with a certain team and any other mistakes I have made.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #7
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I know nothing about Hudson either, just saw somewhere that he might be "the next Rodney Stuckey". As for Westbrook, do you think he'll stay another year and try and make a name for himself as the leader of UCLA (if Collison, Love leave early)?

stuckey comparison is huge praise to me- i felt and still feel that stuckey should hve been picked by the grizzlies at #4

as sad as the ucla-memphis game was to me, i believe my thoughts on ucla's top 3 were proven right- love & collison should return to school- and i feel westbrook proved he is the MOST ready for the nba of the 3- p.s. shipp and l.r. mbah moute NEED to return

i was shocked to see ben howland appear to be out coached- d rose was running by collison to the hoop like d coll was standing still- the few times when westbrook was on rose he never even tried getting at the hoop-

the first bit of critisism of westrook ive ever thrown out is that maybe douglas roberts and his size gave westbrook some problems- he can be effective as a combo gaurd, but i do believe westbrook would be absoulutly lights out as a point gaurd-

jrue holliday coming in also fills westbrooks spot- i do not believe westbrook will return to ucla no matter who else leaves- he does have more learning to do at the pg spot- but imo he needs to searn the nba point gaurd spot and there is no better place to learn that than the nba- if westbrook returns to ucla they will likely need him on a wing anyway with 3 pg's coming in - i know im pobobly becoming rpetitve on this but i feel westbrook will be an allstar point gaurd- andif i get my dream anf the nugs somehow aquire him and pairhim with melo and jr smith.. the next dynasty
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
Dasher

Quote:

Where did you hear this? If that's true, then your Mayo pick makes a lot of sense as there will be a hole at shooting guard. Man, Memphis is in need of an overhaul
Juan Carlos Navarro is a restricted free-agent this summer and it is common knowledge that he and Pau were a package deal and he was very unhappy with the trade and his time in Memphis and would like to kick rocks.

There is a point guard glut in Memphis and Kyle Lowry seems to be the pg whose star has dimmed the most, he may be moved while other teams still think highly of his defensive potential.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: