Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-05-2006, 10:55 AM   #16
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
Have you looked into DLP at all? I think I heard somewhere that the picture is better, and they are a lot cheaper.
the problem with dlp is it relies too much on moving parts, which means there is more of a chance something breaks.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:56 PM   #17
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

DLP is a couple hundred bucks cheaper than LCD, but you will have to replace the bulb every year or two, and it's quite expensive. In the end I think LCD is cheaper. DLP looks beautiful straight on, but the viewing angle is very limited.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:23 PM   #18
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
sorry, but I gotta go with the ol' 6 inch black and white TV, preferably the ones where the antannae is broken off and you have to manually hold it.
No need to hold it, just use a wire hanger as an antenna.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:06 PM   #19
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

@ you guys...welcome to 2006!!!
Plasma pixels DON'T burn anymore, they DON'T lose color over a year (every store gives you a 5-10 year warrant, LCD gives you TWO)...if you watch Plasma for a long time, the picture might loose focus (very raerly)...same thing goes if when you buy a plasma, and you have to bring it to your house...and it rains outside, don't plug it in for about an hour...simple concept that everyone should know.

Now for the big finale, Plasma will last you 25-27 years....nearly 2 times that of LCD...Plasma got nicer picture AND it looks the same if you watch it from an angle....LCD screen does not.

Plasma beats LCD, hence it's a more expensive television...and the problems most of you named regarding Plasma has long been fixed.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #20
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Plasma got nicer picture AND it looks the same if you watch it from an angle....LCD screen does not.
Both of my LCDs (my tv and my computer monitor) look the same from all angles. Are you sure you have your facts straight?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #21
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Yes I got LCD and Plasma, both are great quality...the color changes on LCD when you look from an angle, when you go to a store...you have a LCD and Plasma side by side...humar eye won't see much difference if it all, but come to my crib...check out my high definition receivers on Plasma and LCD, you will see a difference and the picture will look identical on Plasma from every possible angle. I prefer Plasma, its a better technology that lasts longer...especially if you're going to buy Ps3 or Blue Ray DVD's.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: