Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 04-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #16
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 1st Round Rockets v Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
oh man i remember the 45 win season, wasn't that a record at the time? most wins without getting into the playoffs? and oh yeah the jim jackson three... that was an exciting lineup francis-mobley-jackson-cato-yao

suddenly missed francis...

Yes at the time that was a record. I think the Suns got the 8th seed by going 47-35. I remember I was so ticked off.

That line up was interesting at first. I remember thinking, why the heck would they start Kelvin Cato alongside Yao but man that was Cato's most productive season. He defended well and was catching alleyoops from Francis.

I wish Steve Francis would of had more success. Those teams were simply never good enough to get anywhere. Hell I'm surprised we had 3 winning seasons under Francis as the 1st option. I remember it was Francis (1st option), Mobley (2nd option), then it was a drop off after there. We had so man underachievers on huge contracts. Then Olajuwon was literally on his last leg.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #17
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

YaoMing4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Blazer will come out strong in game two after being humiliated by 27 points with Yao Ming sitting out the entire 4th quarter. I am expecting a close game, but hopefully we go back to Houston up 2-0. Greg Oden is useless against the Great Wall of China.
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #18
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMing4MVP
Blazer will come out strong in game two after being humiliated by 27 points with Yao Ming sitting out the entire 4th quarter. I am expecting a close game, but hopefully we go back to Houston up 2-0. Greg Oden is useless against the Great Wall of China.

The Blazers will come out strong but so will the Rockets. I think this team is motivated to get to the championship. I'm pretty sure they know they can beat these Blazers team. If we stomp them in game 2 I really feel we can sweep this team. It's been tough for teams to win in Houston this year.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #19
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
The Blazers will come out strong but so will the Rockets. I think this team is motivated to get to the championship. I'm pretty sure they know they can beat these Blazers team. If we stomp them in game 2 I really feel we can sweep this team. It's been tough for teams to win in Houston this year.

To be honest, the only team that can clearly beat the Rockets in the west is the Lakers, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. That's right, up 2-0 pretty much does it.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #20
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMing4MVP
To be honest, the only team that can clearly beat the Rockets in the west is the Lakers, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. That's right, up 2-0 pretty much does it.

lets not get too carried away... while i think this series is ours to lose.... there are plenty of west teams that could knock each other out.... dont say that the lakers are the only ones that can beat us......

i am pumped about taking that 1-0 lead in the fashion that we did...... that was great..... blazers better change some things up if they want to win a couple games.......

KEEP FEEDING THE BIG GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #21
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
lets not get too carried away... while i think this series is ours to lose.... there are plenty of west teams that could knock each other out.... dont say that the lakers are the only ones that can beat us......

i am pumped about taking that 1-0 lead in the fashion that we did...... that was great..... blazers better change some things up if they want to win a couple games.......

KEEP FEEDING THE BIG GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right, it's all about the Great Wall of China vs the Jail Blazers
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: