Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool
Default Has Summer League Changed You Opinion About...

Jerryd Bayless?

18 turnovers
12 assists
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Has Summer League Changed You Opinion About...

Well, it certainly reduced my feeling that he can be turned into a pass first point guard, but I never fully believed that he would anyway. I think Bayless has a lot working against him right now: He is being told to play in a way not natural to him, teams are pressuring him more than any other Blazer because they know he is the most talented (which would not be the case in the regular season), and his teammates are not converting when he does do something right. If Bayless were told to do what he does best, he would look like he did last year at summer league.

So in sum, I still think Bayless is as talented as ever, and if the Blazers feel his style can fit in with this team long term, then great. If not, then I'd be willing to part with him for a PG that does fill our needs. Hinrich is a guy I would like, but I would also hope to get something else beneficial with him (such as a switch of 1st rounders).
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:00 AM   #3
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

I'd like to see what he could do with a line up that can actually score. I think that would help those numbers a lot but right now he's minding me of Jarrett Jack, who the Blazers actually traded for Bayless LoL.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:58 AM   #4
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
I'd like to see what he could do with a line up that can actually score. I think that would help those numbers a lot but right now he's minding me of Jarrett Jack, who the Blazers actually traded for Bayless LoL.

Actually, I even remember hearing last year that it was expected that Bayless would be an improved version of Jack. Though, I think the goal was to have him be on par with Jack already, but I still think he will be better long term.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:23 AM   #5
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Actually, I even remember hearing last year that it was expected that Bayless would be an improved version of Jack. Though, I think the goal was to have him be on par with Jack already, but I still think he will be better long term.

Yeah, he will be a better scorer but besides that, they are both big hustlers, gym rats, gritty defenders and undersized shooting guards.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
lucky2723
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lucky2723 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Hinrich is a guy I would like, but I would also hope to get something else beneficial with him (such as a switch of 1st rounders).

I would like to have Bayless in a Bulls uniform, but it doesn't make sense to add him when we already have D. Rose.
I think Hinrich will be traded, but Chicago needs a Big man not a PG.
lucky2723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:59 AM   #7
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

I was a believer after last years summer league, but he fell off and his jumper just really isn't that nice. He just is not a point guard. He sucks at it.

I say keep him, but he has a long ways to go. Like Billups did in Boston.
RoseCity07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2723
I would like to have Bayless in a Bulls uniform, but it doesn't make sense to add him when we already have D. Rose.
I think Hinrich will be traded, but Chicago needs a Big man not a PG.

I thought the Bulls still want a SG after losing Ben Gordon? Bayless is more of a Gordon-type player than a PG. Blazers and the Blazer fans are just hoping Bayless could be a PG because he won't get minutes at SG behind Roy and Fernandez.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:14 AM   #9
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
I thought the Bulls still want a SG after losing Ben Gordon? Bayless is more of a Gordon-type player than a PG. Blazers and the Blazer fans are just hoping Bayless could be a PG because he won't get minutes at SG behind Roy and Fernandez.

Technically Bayless could play shooting guard off the bench

Mills
Bayless
Fernandez
Outlaw
Oden

A lot of defesive liabilities...but a great scoring squad, athletic and fast as well.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #10
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

Package Bayless in a trade for Hinrich.....
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: