Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Let the Rebuilding Begin

With the LeBron sign-and-trade at this point the Cavaliers have 7 first-round picks and 7 second-round picks over the next five years. And expect that number to increase even more if they decide to trade some of their assests in Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison and Delonte West. It's pretty much safe to say no one on the team is safe.

I just hope the organization makes some smart moves over the course of the next year to bring in young talent that can develop and get lucky in the draft.

What are your thoughts Cavaliers fans? Should we blow it up? Look forward to next year? Or try to be competitive for at least one half of the season to see how that goes, then blow it up?

Dunking on everybody in the park Basketman's Avatar

Default Re: Let the Rebuilding Begin

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    With the LeBron sign-and-trade at this point the Cavaliers have 7 first-round picks and 7 second-round picks over the next five years. And expect that number to increase even more if they decide to trade some of their assests in Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison and Delonte West. It's pretty much safe to say no one on the team is safe.

I just hope the organization makes some smart moves over the course of the next year to bring in young talent that can develop and get lucky in the draft.

What are your thoughts Cavaliers fans? Should we blow it up? Look forward to next year? Or try to be competitive for at least one half of the season to see how that goes, then blow it up?
    Honestly, this Cavs team is done. They were entirely built around LeBron. Now the first option/2nd option on this team is Antawn Jamison and Mo Williams. That is not championship material. I say deal whoever they can, tank the season, bring in young talent.

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

add another 2nd round pick to that with the trade for Sessions, who also is a young player.

Da Mavs

So after this Sessions trade do you guys also trade Williams? I heard those two were good friends in Millwaukee.

If Cavs wanted a straight up dump, Williams for Dampier. Cats get their PG, Damp has a contract like Delonte so waive him. Boom.

Tough to say, although we still have the attention of the fanbase in light of the recent news involving LeBron. Perhaps for that reason, maybe we should make a push. Once you start to suck, and people stop showing up, you fall into a vicious cycle. Revenue is lacking, so you don't spend the money on personnel, etc.

Personally I would give Antawn and Mo most of the shots, just to see if a contender would bite on one of them. Specifically Mo. Maybe Charlotte would offer something for him after losing Felton? Maybe they offer Diaw for him? trade Diaw, Diop, Henderson and another filler contract for Antawn and Mo? Charlotte gets Mo. Cavs get An expiring, but effective Diaw, and a good prospect in Henderson for taking diop off their hands? I think having Henderson, and JJ is a start to a new core of Cavs.Diop could be a starting center for the Cavs till they get a better one, or have Jao start and then have Diop back him? Get some free agency money for the '11 offseason to see what happens overall. Add the draft picks in the cavs aren't looking to shabby.

Saw a basketball once

cavs r finished for good

Saw a basketball once

they will never win again.

Good college starter

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Jamiosn and Mo were traded this season. I like the young pieces the Cavs have in Sessions, Hickson, Green, and Samuels who they just signed. He could play when he was at Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by playball201
    cavs r finished for good
    Are you kidding me? The Cavs will end up in the draft lottery throughout the years and sooner or later they'll be back in business.

Default For what it's worth.....

you may have lost Lebron but you've gained me as a supporter.

Keep it classy Cleveland!

Good college starter

I was reading an article this morning and it was talking about how Byron Scott says that every starting spot is open at training camp.

Good college starter

What shooting guard would fit best with the new Cavs?

One guard that comes to mind is Rashad Mccants. He was suppose to play with the Cavs in summer league but he was tending to his mother who is fighting cancer.

They can get him for cheap. This dude can play when given some minutes plus he's a sniper from that 3pt line.

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

If there's one feel good story I wanna see come to fruition this year its the Cavs having a solid year without their former leader. Will it happen? Only time will tell. But let us hope until then

Banned

Default Re: For what it's worth.....

need to move antawn and mo even if it means dishing hickson, time to stock up on assets