Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Top 5 slashers in history

In terms of driving in and finishing inside in high efficiency & high volume there is no better ive seen than Michael Jordan and Lebron James.

There were guys with equal or arguably maybe even better slashing in terms of simply driving in with utmost ease (speedy gonzales PG's with insane handles like perhaps Rose/Iverson), but these guys were the most unstoppable & most productive overall slashers, the outcome of the slashers "slashes" is what is the highest priority in my book hence Jordan/James have to come first.

Thats why after them i am also thinking of guys like prime Tracy McGrady (dont you dare forget this guy), Dwyane Wade, Julius Erving, Dominique Wilkins, Grant Hill, Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson (AI i think is the best example of the likes of Rose, Westbrook, Tim Hardaway, Stephon, etc.).
    Last edited by pauk; 09-21-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Cali Love

in no order

Jordan
    Kobe
    LeBron
    AI
    Wade

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    My little friend if you really think kobe is #2.I mean come on even there is a limit to dckriding.I distinctly remember you saying he is scoring the way he is because of his jumper not his slashing ability.He was certainly good in his prime but come on.I can name you 5 players of the top of my head

wade,AI,MJ,drexler,rose,westbrook,Dr J. et.

Kobe is not even top 10 let alone #2

and please dont give an answer with lebron(how bad he is) because i dont think he is top 5 or even top 10 either.
    they cant even dribble without looking down.. LOL at Kobe not even a top 10.. Name me ten player who is better than Kobe at slashing.. I dare you..

5-time NBA All-Star

Young Jordan was crazy.

AI made a crazy living off of it. And just kept coming and teams were ready for him and he still did it. Was fearless and wasn't protected like Jordan was.

Wade is very similar, taller but not as willing to take the hit.

Lebron, all aboard, the freight train.

Derrick Rose because too many times I seen him start at the top of the key, with the defense expecting to triple team him, and Rose get to the rim and not be touched. Ninja stuff.

Jordan & Wade.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    In terms of driving in and finishing inside in high efficiency & high volume there is no better ive seen than Michael Jordan and Lebron James.

There were guys with equal or arguably maybe even better slashing in terms of simply driving in with utmost ease (speedy gonzales PG's with insane handles like perhaps Rose/Iverson), but these guys were the most unstoppable & most productive overall slashers, the outcome of the slashers "slashes" is what is the highest priority in my book hence Jordan/James have to come first.

Thats why after them i am also thinking of guys like prime Tracy McGrady (dont you dare forget this guy), Dwyane Wade, Julius Erving, Dominique Wilkins, Grant Hill, Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson (AI i think is the best example of the likes of Rose, Westbrook, Tim Hardaway, Stephon, etc.).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8omUM8m8KLc

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk

If this is strongly outcome based (and even if it wasn't), Penny Hardaway should get some mentions. He was very ambitextrous and crafty when he would drive and be met by the 7 footers of his day, and it'd allow him to finish at an amazing rate. Oh and of course he was 6'7 with long arms and good jumping ability.

I'm going to throw out a stupid name: Steve Nash. When you watch some of his highlight reels, it's weird how he's so much slower than other people but gets to the rim with relative ease. Not a top 5 but very underrated slasher.

why do people say Wades not fast
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkWbTL9HEgo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    why do people say Wades not fast
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkWbTL9HEgo
    Jesus, it took him just 3 dribbles to go coast to coast.

Saw a basketball once koolkid09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    1.MJ
    2.Young Kobe(had one of the sickest crossover move of all time)
    3.AI
    4.DRose
    5.Pippen (Very underrated in this aspect)
    You disrespectful as hell.

Decent playground baller

Not one mention of Tiny Archibald?

Kids

Quote Originally Posted by Champ
    Not one mention of Tiny Archibald?

Kids
    Forgot about Tiny, dude had amazing handles to go along with his unreal speed/quickness, also good acrobat capable of making crazy layups.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease MontaHardaway's Avatar

why does the op have Grant Hill at #4? what a stupid a$$hole