Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-13-2010, 03:12 AM   #1
oh the horror
NBA Legend

Default Would you do jail time for a crime you werent involved in?

Just as the thread title asks....would you do jail time, for a crime you werent involved in, while covering for a friend? You know....because you wouldnt want to "snitch?"

Do tell.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Default Re: Would you do jail time for a crime you werent involved in?

LOL f*ck that

i'd rather be a snitch then some guy in jail's b!tch
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
Go Getter
Wild 100's

If I so happened to do a crime and I got caught and my friend didn't I'd do the jail time and not snitch but then again I wouldn't put myself in a situation like that.

The only people that I'd do jail time for are 3 of my younger cousins and my son.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:17 AM   #4
oh the horror
NBA Legend

The way I see it too, is if a "friend" of mine, would be willing to let me take the fall for him, then obviously hes the type of character that deserves to be ratted out.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:25 AM   #5
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

There are no friends.

So no. I wouldn't.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:25 AM   #6
BankShot
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Just as the thread title asks....would you do jail time, for a crime you werent involved in, while covering for a friend? You know....because you wouldnt want to "snitch?"

Do tell.

A real friend wouldn't let you serve hard time for something they did themselves.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:28 AM   #7
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Yup. If he raped someone or like killed someone than no. Nothing worse than selling somebody out. I'd simply say I know nothing and I did not commit any crimes and if that landed me in jail than so be it. In my personal experience as long as you weren't near\had any plausible motivation for the crime than your usually good. Just got to keep your mouth shut and ride it out and in time your usually good. I'm sure there's a ton of innocent people who'd argue otherwise tho
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #8
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
The way I see it too, is if a "friend" of mine, would be willing to let me take the fall for him, then obviously hes the type of character that deserves to be ratted out.
This is where people don't understand the meaning of snitching.

Take two fellows that are say....connecting cable for people illegally.

They have an agreement that they will not tell on each other.

One day while one guy is hooking up cable illegally he gets caught.

Why would he tell on his friend?

Cops don't snitch on other cops (or it is frowned upon), politicians don't snitch on their associates (much), and it is frowned upon by second rate crooks as well.

I don't see why that's hard to understand.

Snitching is ratting out your accomplices...if you are innocent then it is not snitching...if someone is selling dope to school kids in your neighborhood it is not snitching to call the cops on them, if you report terrorist activities it is not snitching.

Last edited by Go Getter : 10-13-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:37 AM   #9
SinJackal
Banned

Quote:

This.

I'd never go to jail for some bs I didn't do. Especially while some douche is sitting there laughing that someone else got rolled for what he did.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:46 AM   #10
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

I'm surprised at some of the responses. So let's say for example one of your friends breaks some guy's jaw at the bar and than tells you about it. One of the other guy's friends tells the police it was you. Your friends had NOTHING to do with it. You'd honestly just be like straight up it was my friend? The way I see it is I would be like I didn't hit anyone and hope that I get away because I'm innocent. I couldn't even imagine selling out a buddy like that when he had nothing to do with putting you in that situation.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:51 AM   #11
SinJackal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I'm surprised at some of the responses. So let's say for example one of your friends breaks some guy's jaw at the bar and than tells you about it. One of the other guy's friends tells the police it was you. Your friends had NOTHING to do with it. You'd honestly just be like straight up it was my friend? The way I see it is I would be like I didn't hit anyone and hope that I get away because I'm innocent. I couldn't even imagine selling out a buddy like that when he had nothing to do with putting you in that situation.

The question is would you go jail time for a crime you weren't invovled in, not, would you risk going to court to perhaps not go to jail if accused for a crime your friend commited rather than say it was him.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:54 AM   #12
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
The question is would you go jail time for a crime you weren't invovled in, not, would you risk going to court to perhaps not go to jail if accused for a crime your friend commited rather than say it was him.

Still my answer would be the same regardless. If my friend had nothing to do with me being arrested\going to jail than I wouldn't sell him out. I just can't see how anybody could actually sit there and tell the police your friend did it. I could understand if it was murder or like rape or something you were strongly against.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:08 AM   #13
SinJackal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Still my answer would be the same regardless. If my friend had nothing to do with me being arrested\going to jail than I wouldn't sell him out. I just can't see how anybody could actually sit there and tell the police your friend did it. I could understand if it was murder or like rape or something you were strongly against.

Why couldn't you see that? Jail blows. Just about nobody wants to go to jail. I seriously couldn't see someone who's even half sane going to jail for someone else's crime.

Are you really that passive a person that you'd go to jail to suffer for years, losing years of your life for basically NOTHING. . .rather than just tell the truth?
Old 10-13-2010, 04:23 AM   #14
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
Why couldn't you see that? Jail blows. Just about nobody wants to go to jail. I seriously couldn't see someone who's even half sane going to jail for someone else's crime.

Are you really that passive a person that you'd go to jail to suffer for years, losing years of your life for basically NOTHING. . .rather than just tell the truth?

Guess so. I value loyalty. Unless it was a crime that was really against my ethics\morals and would question the friendship than I really can't see myself selling someone down the river who means something to me. Only if the said person had nothing to do with the mentioning of my name.

I would say nothing and hope for the best. If I ended up in jail so be it. That being said I've been in a few situations like that that weren't that serious and did the same thing but I'm not sure how it'd go if I was looking at 10 years or something like that. My views might change than
Old 10-13-2010, 05:15 AM   #15
IcanzIIravor
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

Do tell.

Only if I wanted to be a rapper. Otherwise hell no. I'd snitch so fast you'd thik I was one of Vick's boys.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: