Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
Poodle
Banned

Default Am i being unsympathetic for thinking the coverage of the Chile miners is laughable

and typical of news agencies over-sensationalizing trying to drum up emotional stories? now they are featuring each and every miner's life story

i'm sorry these miners while initially were in a dangerous situation, since a long time ago they've had access to food/water, including some small items to give them comfort, and have more or less only been jailed/trapped than it being some incredible story of overcoming some life/death situation.

our news media LOVES to play up and exaggerate these type of stories. they had a field day with 9/11 and trying to feature each and every individual that died playing up their life stories into borderline movie sensationalized lives where they did their best to make their readers feel sorry for them.

i guess it just bothers me how the news media is so unrealistic on so many lvls, and tend to play up and sensationalize for empathy especially. in every possible empathetic news event, they never fail sensationalizing it to degree's beyond what the news events are. even with soldier deaths, and things of that sort there isn't more sensationalized/exaggerated distorted news we get.

just really sad, and pitiful to me our news media consistently goes there rather than being unbias news reporters.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: Am i being unsympathetic for thinking the coverage of the Chile miners is laughable

After posters reply to this thread the over/under on how many times "circle jerk" will be said has been set to 5. I'm betting on the over.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
beermonsteroo
Banned

Default Re: Am i being unsympathetic for thinking the coverage of the Chile miners is laughable

Consdering the fact that every minute hundrets of people die cause of hunger, bad medical treatment and so on, this media hype is over the top and plain silly
beermonsteroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
After posters reply to this thread the over/under on how many times "circle jerk" will be said has been set to 5. I'm betting on the over.

you should focus more on mailman joke over/unders whenever you reply to me more than the circle jerk call outs. you're a glutton for punishment old man, its like you want me to shit on you 3/4's of the time you reply to me
Old 10-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
hooops1
Learning to shoot layups

It will have been said before, but the people get what the people want. I do agree though, there is never any subtlety - if you were to respond in kind to every story on the news, you'd be emotionally exhausted. I think it's worse when this is done in regards to sporting events, the music plays out like it's the battle of helm's deep and humanity is on the line. when in reality 80% of viewers are probably neutrals. this is especially prevalent in aus.
hooops1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
hooops1
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
does it count when you mention it? (As then you could fix the results)
also when you are quoted, as then we are already at 3
hooops1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Poodle how long does it normally take for you to repair a car at your body shop? I'd love to send some work your way but I dont want people going to your shop and thier car sitting there for days, weeks like its at a f*cking impound. Let me know or are you guys closed this month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooops1
does it count when you mention it? (As then you could fix the results)
also when you are quoted, as then we are already at 3

It has to be said. Cant quote my post and it count. Nor does it count when I typed it because I'm referencing what Vegas oddmakers set the line to be.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Poodle how long does it normally take for you to repair a car at your body shop? I'd love to send some work your way but I dont want people going to your shop and thier car sitting there for days, weeks like its at a f*cking impound. Let me know or are you guys closed this month?

I can't stand those shadetree mechanics. A bunch of ass crack showing, overpricing, dirty uniform wearing hacks. They NEVER have your car fixed on time no matter what the problem is. Then they have the audacity to charge MORE than the known franchises do. Fukkin oil stains and sht all over the place, even on the coffee mugs they sip out of. Uniforms are washed 4 times a year at the most. The waiting room material consists of a couple of Ebony magazines from 2004 and a 13 inch TV with no knobs on it. Then they give you a receipt that's have covered with WD40. Nasty

Last edited by Tarik One : 10-13-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #9
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

I can't get over how people don't understand how to use the word 'bias', yet they continue to do so.

A person has bias.

The media is biased.

News reporters should be unbiased.

Fox News has a biased slant.

Fox News has bias.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #10
Poodle
Banned

Quote:

It has to be said. Cant quote my post and it count. Nor does it count when I typed it because I'm referencing what Vegas oddmakers set the line to be.

lol is that supposed to be a insult? i swear some nerd took over the GOBBs account from a few years ago. you're such a shadow of your former self its almost sad how far you've fallen. you used to actually be able to punk people but these days you're like a racially insecure sensitive lil homo, white knighting in a lot of threads these days. sad. and a lot of times i take pity on you by not replying to you always trying to come at me, even tho i shit all over you every time. do you enjoy being shit on? just curious

how is dodging dogs going? hows the go cart holding up? just curious but do you get demerits if your argile socks aren't pulled up to your knee's? if your shirt aint tucked in and shorts up to your belly, wedged up your ass?

so what happens when they catch you not dressed like a school girl? they put you in the back room licking envelopes, stamping boxes? what happens?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #11
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

What a terrible showcase of emote use, but seriously how many weeks does it take to turn out stuff in the body shop you basically run? Based on your posting quantity and quality on ISH it doesn't appear as though you run shit. I would be surprised if you can basically even run your own life. My dad runs a body shop and service side of a dealership and he's not dicking around online all day.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
I can't stand those shadetree mechanics. A bunch of ass crack showing, overpricing, dirty uniform wearing hacks. They NEVER have your car fixed on time no matter what the problem is. Then they have the audacity to charge MORE than the known franchises do. Fukkin oil stains and sht all over the place, even on the coffee mugs they sip out of. Uniforms are washed 4 times a year at the most. The waiting room material consists of a couple of Ebony magazines from 2004 and a 13 inch TV with no knobs on it. Then they give you a receipt that's have covered with WD40. Nasty

ghetto people go to ghetto shops....

don't complain when you're workiing off minimum wage, and begging people to fix your car cuz you're broke driving a 20yr old Pacer. and if you go to chains like Jiffy Lube you're a sucker lol @ chains being so great, they're basically kids off the street doing your oil changes that don't give a ****, and tend to **** up a lot more than you realize or hear about.

either way thats a mechanical shop tip. body shops are a bit different but probably dirtier due to all of the dust and paint fumes.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #13
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
I can't get over how people don't understand how to use the word 'bias', yet they continue to do so.

A person has bias.

The media is biased.

News reporters should be unbiased.

Fox News has a biased slant.

Fox News has bias.

grammar nazi's here are

theres like 10 posts in every thread you could cry about
Old 10-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #14
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
What a terrible showcase of emote use, but seriously how many weeks does it take to turn out stuff in the body shop you basically run? Based on your posting quantity and quality on ISH it doesn't appear as though you run shit. I would be surprised if you can basically even run your own life. My dad runs a body shop and service side of a dealership and he's not dicking around online all day.

based on your quantity of posting on ISH, there is no way you're out in the forest harrassing campers and putting out forest fires all day. let alone examining bugs, saviing animals, or whatever the hell you do in that nature world. unless you're texting all of these posts you've got to be holed up in some shack probably doing your nails, putting on lipstick, and figuring out what you're going to wear going to tranny clubs every night
Old 10-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #15
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

I post less than you (8.5/day) and I usually do it at night. I happen to be working on a manuscript today in front of my computer.

Now answer the question we both asked you dipshit.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: