Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #31
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: any Architects in the OTC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
nothings worse than being a tranny forest ranger so stop yappin fgt
well, a guy who "sorta runs" a body repairshop who makes fun of someone for working for the post office (A great job in most respects) is right up there.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #32
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Portolla Middle School is way harder than any architecture program. I don't know why Sergio keeps whining about the course work.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #33
blondie
Da Mamba Lives 30/5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Haha, good luck getting into grad school at UM. They're a top flight graduate institution and you're a top flight fucktard.
atleast I won't have to resort to going to a shit 5th tier university like University East Michigan, sport.

If I got into cal poly pamona I think it wont be hard to get into Michigan.
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #34
beer
UCLA alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie
atleast I won't have to resort to going to a shit 5th tier university like University East Michigan, sport.

I have no bias against cal poly Pomona. actually, my fiancÚ got her bachelors from there... but if you believe this to be true you are either overrating Pomona or underrating Michigan.
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #35
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:

professional and graduate programs are very different in terms of admissions than UG. Depending on the dept and its notoriety, it could be damn near impossible to get in without personal recommendations from alum or the backing of a current prof there. I dont know that much about UM's arch school, but there anthro program is possibly the hardest to get into in the country.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #36
blondie
Da Mamba Lives 30/5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
professional and graduate programs are very different in terms of admissions than UG. Depending on the dept and its notoriety, it could be damn near impossible to get in without personal recommendations from alum or the backing of a current prof there. I dont know that much about UM's arch school, but there anthro program is possibly the hardest to get into in the country.
well i have big ambitions and dreams maybe they wont come true but I will still have them and work for them
Old 10-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #37
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
well i have big ambitions and dreams maybe they wont come true but I will still have them and work for them
no problems with that. Just saying there are things you can be doing right now to position yourself better for those dreams.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #38
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

UM is arguably the top graduate research institution in the country. Have you even taken the GRE yet? It appears as though you have no clue how graduate education works; especially if you think you're gonna waltz into UM because you were allegedly accepted into Cal poly undergrad.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #39
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
well, a guy who "sorta runs" a body repairshop who makes fun of someone for working for the post office (A great job in most respects) is right up there.

here we go again with the tightass know-it-all nerd with no personality like a piece of cardboard sticking up for his fellow nature fgt

how did that test go anyways? hope the possum got away from you getting your PHD...
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #40
blondie
Da Mamba Lives 30/5/5

Quote:
UM is arguably the top graduate research institution in the country. Have you even taken the GRE yet? It appears as though you have no clue how graduate education works; especially if you think you're gonna waltz into UM because you were allegedly accepted into Cal poly undergrad.
it is still like 3-4 years until I even apply to UM kid, calm down, all I know is I will be going to a far better school than University East Michigan, I am too talented and hard working for a redneck school like that.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #41
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
no problems with that. Just saying there are things you can be doing right now to position yourself better for those dreams.

just like theres things you could be doing right now working on your lame sense of humor and personality
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #42
heyhey
stay mad golden state

Quote:

Almost any high achieving student should be able to do well on the GRE. the test is a joke and its merit in Graduate school admission is highly contested. It's basically a glorified SAT.

The GRE subject tests however are real legit.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #43
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

If you're in your second year of undergrad you need to get serious if you have such high hopes. Your grad stuff should be all squared away within the first 3 months of your senior year.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #44
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
Almost any high achieving student should be able to do well on the GRE. the test is a joke and its merit in Graduate school admission is highly contested. It's basically a glorified SAT.

The GRE subject tests however are real legit.

It's merit is mainly questioned by applicants not admissions. Let me see you try to roll into UM with a 1200 on the GRE.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #45
heyhey
stay mad golden state

Quote:
It's merit is mainly questioned by applicants not admissions. Let me see you try to roll into UM with a 1200 on the GRE.

*Edit braggin bout SAT is douchey my bad. But I doubt I'm getting 1200 on GRE. But again just cause I do well on standardized tests doesn't mean I'm a good candidate for PHd programs. What's necessary for success in PHd programs have nothing to do with what's tested on GRE. It's a poor indicator.

Most schools use GRE scores as a cuttoff point. Meaning if you get below a score you will not get in but above that point it's not like your score makes you a more competitive candidate.

Last edited by heyhey : 10-14-2010 at 03:58 PM.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: