Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    he is the first 7 footer to play at his level...all you named is a bunch of chumps

Now you're adding things you never said at the beginning, just because you've been proven wrong. First, you said he's the first ever big man shooter, now you're saying he's the best big man shooter at his level, because you know you're wrong.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

he is the first 7 footer to play at his level...all you named is a bunch of chumps

Wrong again, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    I dont know that Dirk is the best shooting big man ever...

*Sammy Perkins was a great shooter
    *Rik Smits was a great shooter(not a 3 pt shooter but he had nice range)
    *Detlef Shrempf was a great shooter
    *Bill Laimbeer was a great shooter

Maybe Dirk is the best 7 foot shooter, but I dont know if he was the best "big man" (I didnt compare)
    You're right, it's debatable. But either way, primetime is wrong, so it's all good.

:)

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    You're right, it's debatable. But either way, primetime is wrong, so it's all good.

:)
    are any of the guys you just listed even 7 feet?

living in Dallas do you know how many times I have heard "Dirk is the first of his kind" on the radio...hundreds

living in Dallas do you know how many times I have heard "Dirk is the first of his kind" on the radio...hundreds

Rik Smits 7'4
    Bill Laimbeer 6'11
    Detlef Shrempf 6'10
    Sammy Perkins 6'10

Dirk is not the first of his kind...there are more big men shooters, those are just the ones off the top of my head

They range from 6"9 to about 7 feet.
    Then I guess hundreds of people are wrong. Dirk isn't the first big man shooter - that's a fact.

-primetime-

Then I guess hundreds of people are wrong. Dirk isn't the first big man shooter - that's a fact.
    he is the first 7 foot shooter on his level - that's a fact

he is the first 7 foot shooter on his level - that's a fact
    I don't really care about that. What I care about is the fact that you said he's the first big man shooter, period. That's wrong. What's hard to understand?

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

After the Golden State series, Dirk is ****. Must redeem himself next season.

-primetime-

I don't really care about that. What I care about is the fact that you said he's the first big man shooter, period. That's wrong. What's hard to understand?
    I said Dirk is the first of his kind...

as in, there has never been a 7 footer in the history of the NBA with an outside shot like his.

please stop putting words in my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Rik Smits 7'4
    Bill Laimbeer 6'11
    Detlef Shrempf 6'10
    Sammy Perkins 6'10

Dirk is not the first of his kind...there are more big men shooters, those are just the ones off the top of my head
    All of those players were simply spot up outside shooters that could not create their own shot. I think Dirk is unique in that he is the first 7'0" SG that can create his own outside shot either with the dribble or coming off of screens. He has much better handles than any of those players, and is a better passer as well. Detlef Schrempf is the most accurate comparison of the players on the list, but even he was 2" shorter than Dirk and not the shooter Dirk was.

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

It depends if it's the regular season or post-season.

In the regular season, you could say he was top 10 and I wouldn't argue with you.

But post-season? He's probably the worst playoff player in the whole league. I would take ANYONE ELSE over him in the post-season.

Him and Mark Madsen playing 1 on 1 during the months of April-June? Madsen gonna slaughter Dirk. I don't even imagine Dirk hitting rim.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

well you certainly don't use that as an excuse for Wade winning with Shaq...

all I am saying is that Wade may have been having a good year number wise but his team was losing without shaq's help....numbers aren't everything.
    You fail to look at the whole picture.

When Shaq came back the roster was healthy as it had been all season and the Heat had just added Eddie Jones who was a three point threat and a superb man to man defender. He provided scoring the Heat sorely lacked earlier in the season.

When Wade went down he was dealing with jnjuries/suspensions to J Williams, Posey, Shaq, A-Walker, and injuries to Wade himself. By the time the Heat climbed back to .500 despite the injuries, Wade went down in Chicago to a wrist injury and the Heat dubsequently dropped 6 straight games and were 0=6 until until Wade came back in the lineup. To say Wade was not impacting the wins is not doing his game any justice.

Also when Shaq came back the Heat had already completed the hardest part of the schedule for the season. THe Heat had basically finished playing the Western conference teams and over 80 % of their remaining games were against Eastern Conference teams.

I said Dirk is the first of his kind...

as in, there has never been a 7 footer in the history of the NBA with an outside shot like his.
    What you were implying is that he was the first big man shooter ever, not the best big man shooter ever. You know you're wrong man, stop changing your argument.
    please stop putting words in my mouth
    Pull the same line I did, nice one.

-primetime-

What you were implying is that he was the first big man shooter ever, not the best big man shooter ever. You know you're wrong man, stop changing your argument.

Pull the same line I did, nice one.
    my exact words..."Dirk is the first of his kind..."

and I stand by that...

so do you want to keep going back and forth with this?, if so that is fine with me, I am sittin at my computer at work and I got nothin better to do at the moment....wanna tell me again how there have been hundreds of 7 foot outside shooters like Dirk again?