Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #16
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Why Didn't We Take Bill Walker? Bs!

I think I would have been pretty excited with Walker at 41. A few years ago this guy was right up there with Durant, Beasley in terms of prospects, before he got hurt. Amare got hurt and came back.....I think he would have been a steal.

As for the big brute we took....nobody knows much about him. There is a reason he went so low with such size, and I'd assume it's because he isn't very skilled. Walker fell because of injury risk, not talent, big difference.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #17
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I think I would have been pretty excited with Walker at 41. A few years ago this guy was right up there with Durant, Beasley in terms of prospects, before he got hurt. Amare got hurt and came back.....I think he would have been a steal.

As for the big brute we took....nobody knows much about him. There is a reason he went so low with such size, and I'd assume it's because he isn't very skilled. Walker fell because of injury risk, not talent, big difference.

It's b/c this was such a deep draft. In any other draft he would have been a 20-30 pick. Check out the vids at the tops of the thread and you'll see why.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #18
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
It's b/c this was such a deep draft. In any other draft he would have been a 20-30 pick. Check out the vids at the tops of the thread and you'll see why.

Sner Snea (spelling) looked great in YouTube video's too before Seattle took him a few years ago. As I said, if you're that big, the reason you go so low is because you lack overall skill.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #19
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
People like you is why we laugh at USA in Europe.

BTW, I had posted this link before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVbob...eature=related

Pretty sure he is Canadian.....
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #20
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Sner Snea (spelling) looked great in YouTube video's too before Seattle took him a few years ago. As I said, if you're that big, the reason you go so low is because you lack overall skill.

You'll just have to see him live then there's no explaining. Saer Sene from the Supersonics? He's still developing only got drafted last year. He isn't obviously ready to play in the NBA (experience lacks).... but does have the skill and size. Otherwise he wouldn't have been drafted period.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #21
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Nathan Jawai actually plays in a league where not many people get noticed. I know that BC actually checked this guy out a few times and was impressed. You need to trust this guy.

And could we stop talking about race even as a joke. It is definately not needed.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #22
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
Pretty sure he is Canadian.....

...and the rest of aren't proud of it. Majority of us know how to form a sentence and take it easy on the capslock button.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #23
bigdog13
High School JV MVP

bigdog13 has not been impressing people

Walker is a better prospect but to get your panties in a bunch over a 41st pick is kind of over reacting. Get off the rag and join the party dude.

How much time would Walker get? We need to reduce our line up not increase it.
bigdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:58 AM   #24
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
You'll just have to see him live then there's no explaining. Saer Sene from the Supersonics? He's still developing only got drafted last year. He isn't obviously ready to play in the NBA (experience lacks).... but does have the skill and size. Otherwise he wouldn't have been drafted period.

I don't understand this post. Have you seen him play? I doubt it.

Sene was drafter two years ago and shown nothing, and he was taken 10th.

It's very typical of Raptor fans to go crazy for some random big we've never heard of, read his profile on a site and saw he got 18/10. As I said before, if he was that good, at 22 years old already, he wouldn't have gone #41. I think we should just curb our enthusiasm
Old 06-28-2008, 12:59 PM   #25
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far

Walker was special and considered a lottery pick because of his athleticism and explosiveness. After all his knee problems his game changed and he lost that explosiveness. He is simply not the same player he was before the knee injuries.

So yes if it was the Walker that was preknee issues, then its a mistake but that same Walker would have gone lottery.

He's just not the same guy. That's why he got passed up by every GM in the first round.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: