Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 10-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Karl to savor Iverson's potential last stand

Quote:
Allen Iverson showed up Wednesday to the Nuggets practice facility in the Pepsi Center and worked out with teammates oncourt. Coach George Karl soaked it in.

It, after all, could be Iverson's last season in his stint with the Nuggets. The surefire Hall of Fame guard is in the last year of his contract, which will pay him nearly $21 million. He has said time and again that he wants to finish his career with the Nuggets.

And Karl doesn't think Iverson's future with the Nuggets should be any part of the discussion going into this season.

"I don't think this is a year you should even think about that stuff," Karl said Wednesday. "What you should think is delivering a winning product that has shown improvement, and probably that improvement is success in the playoffs. I don't think the organization thinks that way."
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...131?source=rss

Karl may be showing a different side of himself this season. Or it could all just be a ploy to keep his job, and in the regular season Denver won't play an ounce of defense. We can only hope he's a new man.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Karl to savor Iverson's potential last stand

From the sounds of everything, I think everyone is getting along better and a decent chemistry is building now. Me thinks it's because of the older guys we got that used to be with the nugs (birdman, juwan howard, etc) and birdman's relationship with JR from new orleans. Who knows how the bench will react to a monster JR slam now...but I sure as hell want to see.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Karl instructing the team during practice. Lets hope his changed man, and we play some defense this season
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

A different Melo...

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10673178
Old 10-13-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-blog/af...o-ar49155.html

An article on where AI should move next. According to the author, its almost certain AI will leave denver.. I hope its not true.

What are chances like for re-signing AI with denver???
Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-blog/af...o-ar49155.html

An article on where AI should move next. According to the author, its almost certain AI will leave denver.. I hope its not true.

What are chances like for re-signing AI with denver???

that was not much of an article imo- no more inside knowledge than most ish posters- san antonio wanting iverson? stop joking yourself & detroit already had the chance

i think the thing that rarely gets mentioned is when extending a player before his contract expires or resigning after an opt out clause(like ai supposedly thought about) the team has to pay atleast 75% percent of the old contract (am i misunderstanding?)

so denver really couldnt have extended ai- could anyone really think they should pay ai 15+ per year for another contract? when you would be competing against (at the most) 5 mill offers- that would be stupid to pay someone over 10mill more than somebody else

even iverson fans would have to doubt how realistic it would be for a team with salary cap space to use it to sign a huge contract for ai- so chances are that the most iverson will be offered is all or part of the mle

i totally disagree w that article because it says the chances of iverson staying in denver are very slim- the reality is that the chances of iverson in denver next year & beyond are very high- unless he is traded midseason, how could denver not bring him back for just over 5 mill? nugs will only have 4-6 nba contracts next year

to think that there will be lines of teams wanting iverson next year is very unrealistic
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #7
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

Iverson already has ridiculous amounts of money to have him and his family well of for their entire lives..I hope he doesn't get greedy and ask for something outrageous like 20mil.

My guess is he doesn't get traded, but doesn't get resigned.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:11 AM   #8
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

I hope he stays, I dont like him to move constantly to another team..

But IMO the management also should provide him guarantees that he will stay beyond next year.. How would a player perform without knowing where his future lies??

I still think AI - Melo can work together. They are doing fine, just the talent around them need to get better. Injuries, Nene - Martin should solve that. Things will work fantastic.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
How would a player perform without knowing where his future lies??
Harder. That's the whole point. If he wants to be with denver for the rest of his career, he will have to prove himself this season. If he just does alright or mediocre, let him walk...If he has the best season of his career, sign him.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #10
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think a massive part of whether or not AI stays or goes is if Denver gets to the 2nd round. If they don't, I think Karl and unfortunately Iverson are both gone.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #11
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

They have to focus on just making the playoffs at this point.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: