Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-24-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
HighFlyer23
National High School Star

HighFlyer23 is considered somewhat coolHighFlyer23 is considered somewhat coolHighFlyer23 is considered somewhat cool
Default official favre offseason thread

can we get a gif of his face when that FG was made?
HighFlyer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: official favre offseason thread

lmao

jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

he should retire, he's stuck it to the packers. and he didn't go out like a lil b*tch.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

i think his family won't let him play anymore.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He had a helluva run, and now I think would be a good time for him to finally go out with dignity, with the sideshows of the past couple years overshadowed by the Vikings' run this year.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He can still play at a high level, why not?
I hate his off field antics, but enjoy watching him play.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

I've never been able to say this before, but BRETT FAVRE WILL NOT BE BACK. If tonight he didn't get beat up on every pass play, I'd say otherwise. But he got killed back there. I think his family convinces him to call it quits. And I'm sure when Favre wakes up in the morning, he'll make his decision then too and stick with it b/c he's going to be in bed for the next 5 days after that thrashing his body took.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He got smack around tonight, he's beat up and his wife look terrified in the stands.. he's done & what an idiot for not running for 5 yards instead of throwing across your body.. Vikings so blew this game.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #9
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's time for Favre to hang it up.. I can't imagine the Viings to play with the same magic next season..
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:48 PM   #10
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyer23
can we get a gif of his face when that FG was made?

Favre >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you

I think he'll come back after how their season ended.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:18 AM   #11
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

he got into like 3 car wrecks today. he'll be feeling better in a few months and i bet top dollar he comes back. he played at such a high level and the vikings are loaded at skill positions...he'll be back, too sweet to pass up.

Last edited by AtomSmasher : 01-25-2010 at 06:50 AM.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:46 AM   #12
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

I think he'll come back, but some drama will be involved.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #13
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

**** favre
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #14
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pat Williams now considering retirement and Cedric Griffin will miss the start of next season with a torn ACL from the NFC championship. Talent level on the team could fall dramatically, especially if Favre retires.

sky, WHERE'S TARVARIS?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #15
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I basically hate the Packers even though I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life.
So Favre was not on my fav list , BUT

When he came to the Vikings and started , I learned a couple things about Favre as well as the Packers.
for about 5 years at the end of Favre's career with the Pack , their team really road the coat tails of Favre basically offensively and defensively.
He has never stated that he would of wished to have players come in and help him , but when he came to the Viking's immediately I saw a different Favre playing more with confidence etc.. instead of him making every play a home run for the Pack.
I started cheering for him, and that is saying alot in my country.
AND I want to point out those arm chair loyalist pack fans / 3/4's of them felt as if Favre literally screwed them.

Well I wanted the Viking's to get to the super bowl , and quite frankly they had N.O. whipped.
So as much as the pressure was on , Favre got to where he ended his career the first time on an interception and it's happened again.
No matter what he says it will bother him for the rest of his career.
But he also knows that those sacks he endeared during the Saints game radiated a bell in his head that he is old.

I would like to see him go out a winner, and if Childress and him work out a plan to have him only play 1/2 of a game and have a backup play the none critical minutes I think it could work.....

Otherwise I think Favre could get hit , like warner did and physically suffer a career ending injury or at his age for life....
It's his call for sure , but maybe the safe thing to do , is say it's over.

IMO P. Manning is the greatest QB I've seen in 40+ years , but Favre is #2.

Last edited by Jasper : 01-28-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: