Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast
    ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Default Re: Nuggets trade Carmelo Anthony to Knicks!

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Nets don't have capspace to sign 2 stars. I doubt we have room for 1 more but they sure as hell under a new CBA won't have room for 2 more. That's a pipe dream.
    There's no way the new CBA lowers the cap space without rolling back contracts/lowering the max value. With the cap going down so will max contracts so we should still have the means to get that 3rd star.

Does anybody else has the feeling this trade could have been made a long time ago but they were just waiting for the end of the all star weekend so Carmelo could be on the all star team? In the East he probably wouldnt make the roster with Pierce, Amare and Lebron already there

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    There's no way the new CBA lowers the cap space without rolling back contracts/lowering the max value. With the cap going down so will max contracts so we should still have the means to get that 3rd star.
    we'll be iffy, nets won't have a chance. i disagree. if you mean we'll dump other players then i agree somewhat. nets still won't unless one of the players they will dump is Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Does anybody else has the feeling this trade could have been made a long time ago but they were just waiting for the end of the all star weekend so Carmelo could be on the all star team? In the East he probably wouldnt make the roster with Pierce, Amare and Lebron already there
    Denver wanted Melo to crack and go to NJ. They waited till he had some pressure, then he asked to talk to Knicks. They then begged him to talk to NJ and he did. They then begged him to give NJ a final final answer and he told NJ "I'll let you know if a few days", that's why NJ started looking at other deals yesterday and the Knick deal was finally done.

I'm not sure what to think about this trade. Atleast the speculation is over.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    And he went from BRown who called every play, to D'Antoni who let him shine, to denver who looks like they want to ship him to NJ, where Avery will call every play.
    If the new CBA is restrictive, then Paul or Deron will be a pipe dream since Knicks won't have cap space to pay him.

So guess what point guard, who's already familiar with D'Antoni and Amare, becomes available in 2012 at a more reasonable price?........and it's not Nash.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by RedBagel
    If the new CBA is restrictive, then Paul or Deron will be a pipe dream since Knicks won't have cap space to pay him.

So guess what point guard, who's already familiar with D'Antoni and Amare, becomes available in 2012 at a more reasonable price?........and it's not Nash.
    felton? lol

Dragic... Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    felton? lol
    ***We have a winner***

we can flip billups for a paul/deron next year and be inside the cap

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    we can flip billups for a paul/deron next year and be inside the cap
    And why in the world are the Jazz going to do that? We have no assets, thanks to Isiah Thomas.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?

This. What I think will happen, is that the NBA introduces some sort of system where a team can choose one player on their team and then pay them a ton of monye to keep them. Similiar to a franchise tag. However if a player leaves than they will be risking a lot of money.

Money is the only way to deter players from leaving. Since they make more in endorsements the leaugue has to find a way to make staying in a small market more appealing. SInce if they leave for a big city they will have the ability to make a lot more money.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

And why in the world are the Jazz going to do that? We have no assets, thanks to Isiah Thomas.

Because much Like Melo either He walks or they do a sign and Trade if he forces there hand.

Great job Nuggets FO!

I know I wanted Favors and the picks, but Melo wasn't signing for NJ and you got Everything possible from the Knicks

I like Gallo and Moz, but Chandler has to go. He doesn't want to be in Denver and is sure to leave in the summer.

Chandler to Chicago for the Bobcats 1st

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Because much Like Melo either He walks or they do a sign and Trade if he forces there hand.
    And we saw how little the Knicks got Melo for...

I still think Denver shoulda dumped No-sHarrington's contract.