Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #46
drwax26
High School Varsity 6th Man

Cool Re: Official " Let Ben Gordon Walk" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
You are such a hater it's not even funny. The Bulls have the worst management....no. The Hawks management, or the Clippers management are examples of horrible management. There have been many ups and downs during the Paxson era, but some of this is totally outta his control. Bulls offered BG a perfectly fair 5 for 50 and he turned it down stupidly. BG wants 11-12 million a season. That right there is a big middle finger to Bulls management.

You hope he goes to Europe huh?? Why don't you go to Europe and start rooting for a Euro team, since your support for the Bulls is a joke. Your are such a pessimistic fan, no one here needs to hear constant *****ing of your opinions. You wouldn't last 10 minutes as GM of the Chicago Sky.

And to everybody else... I know we can't overpay Gordon really, but I am disgusted with the amount of people who think we can just let go of BG and the Bulls will be ok.

WITHOUT BEN GORDON, THE BULLS WILL BE ONE OF THE WORST OFFENSIVE TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE, IF NOT THE WORST.

Usually you hate on something that is worth hating on. So talking about a team that sucks is not hating its telling the truth. There was only one up and thats when we swept the heat in the first round a couple years ago. Everything else has been down. Do you think its only a conincidence that players get better once they have left the bulls with the current bulls management? Ughhh no its cause Paxson and Reinsdorf are a joke. Granted BG should of signed for 10 mill a yr i mean thats a no brainer. But look at Deng he rejected his offer and got even more money so im sure BG is thinking along the same lines. I mean he should especially if he can get more money why not. Every player is trying to get the most they can while they can. The main thing is of course BG isnt worth 12 mill a season league wise. But like you said the bulls need him so he is worth that for the bulls. If a European team is willing to pay him what he wants he should give the bulls 2 fingers(peace). Its hard to hear my pessimism seeing we are just reading words ppl are saying. I would be a lot better GM than Paxsoff. I at least have balls to make bold moves instead of being timid and fearful of making a wrong decision.We are fielding the same team that went 33-49 and i dont think that was just an aberration. Skiles got the most out of that team he could have. But we can wait til the season and see what happens.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #47
babybulls85
Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Official " Let Ben Gordon Walk" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
.We are fielding the same team that went 33-49 and i dont think that was just an aberration. Skiles got the most out of that team he could have. But we can wait til the season and see what happens.

We added the #1 pick in the draft and there was a lot of turmoil surrounding the team. For example, I think Deng will play a lot better this year without the trade rumors or new contract hanging over his head.

Scott Skiles wasn't there for half of the year and said himself that the team was no longer listening to him.
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #48
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Why won't the Bulls try to give an offer to Andre Iguodala. He's a big gaurd 6'6" who's a legitimate starter while Gordon is better as a sixth man off the bench. If it means spending some money Iguodala makes a lot more sense rather than wasting it on Gordon. Anyone know how much money Andre is asking for?
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #49
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
Why won't the Bulls try to give an offer to Andre Iguodala. He's a big gaurd 6'6" who's a legitimate starter while Gordon is better as a sixth man off the bench. If it means spending some money Iguodala makes a lot more sense rather than wasting it on Gordon. Anyone know how much money Andre is asking for?

The Bulls simply are not willing to take on that kind of salary. AI wants something in the 70-80 mil range. He's not worth it. The Bulls can not afford, and do not need it. I'd rather hold back this year and get something really worth it next year. If we sign and trade Gordon, we can get something nice back. That should do for this year.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #50
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
The Bulls simply are not willing to take on that kind of salary. AI wants something in the 70-80 mil range. He's not worth it. The Bulls can not afford, and do not need it. I'd rather hold back this year and get something really worth it next year. If we sign and trade Gordon, we can get something nice back. That should do for this year.

Get something nice back...??? Like what?
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #51
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Get something nice back...??? Like what?

That's not for me to decide. The organization has to do their scouting homework and work on a deal. Gordon has good enough value to trade for a player that can help this team.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #52
casual_observer
Learning to shoot layups

this thread is getting out of hand. I can't see how Ben Gordon is worth 50 posts. He is worth no more than 6-7 mil per season... a championship team can pay more if they want to pay luxury tax....you can debate this till the cows come home. either do a sign and trade or just let him walk.
casual_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:42 PM   #53
drwax26

I dont understand why we didnt keep J.R. Smith. He is just as good of a shooter as gordon if not better and is 4 inches taller. I'm sure it would be impossible to get him back but if we could he would fit in perfectly as our shooting guard.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #54
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Quote:
I dont understand why we didnt keep J.R. Smith. He is just as good of a shooter as gordon if not better and is 4 inches taller. I'm sure it would be impossible to get him back but if we could he would fit in perfectly as our shooting guard.

As good as J.R. is at times, and the fact that he is still getting better, doesn't outweigh the fact that he is selfish and still immature. The Bulls should of never just traded him for nothing, but he probably wouldn't fit into long term plans for the Bulls anyway. I really like J.R. and all, plus he was gonna be a Tarheel had he not gone off in the All-American game to win MVP honors with Dwight. We all know Paxson doesn't like selfish, non hardworking players like J.R. too.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #55
drwax26

Quote:
As good as J.R. is at times, and the fact that he is still getting better, doesn't outweigh the fact that he is selfish and still immature. The Bulls should of never just traded him for nothing, but he probably wouldn't fit into long term plans for the Bulls anyway. I really like J.R. and all, plus he was gonna be a Tarheel had he not gone off in the All-American game to win MVP honors with Dwight. We all know Paxson doesn't like selfish, non hardworking players like J.R. too.

Yeah he is immature and likes to get into shootouts with other teams. But he is young and when he guarded kobelast playoffs he looked like he was really trying to step his game up and play defense. I saw a player that played some D and had a nice stroke as well as attacked the basket. But i guess thats a forgone conclusion now. Only if BG was 6'6 he would be top ten SG in the league. Oh well lol.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #56
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Yeah he is immature and likes to get into shootouts with other teams. But he is young and when he guarded kobelast playoffs he looked like he was really trying to step his game up and play defense. I saw a player that played some D and had a nice stroke as well as attacked the basket. But i guess thats a forgone conclusion now. Only if BG was 6'6 he would be top ten SG in the league. Oh well lol.

To say that Ben's only problem is his lack of height is is being dishonest and rather generous towards Ben. His poor attitude and lack of hustle is what really hurts the team, and prevents Ben from becoming the player that might actually be worth the ****ing retarded amount of money he expects for his services.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #57
drwax26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
To say that Ben's only problem is his lack of height is is being dishonest and rather generous towards Ben. His poor attitude and lack of hustle is what really hurts the team, and prevents Ben from becoming the player that might actually be worth the ****ing retarded amount of money he expects for his services.

Poor attitude and lack of hustle????? I dont get where you are coming from with that. The coaches have never had a problem with ben in regards to attitude or not playing hard.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #58
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Poor attitude and lack of hustle????? I dont get where you are coming from with that. The coaches have never had a problem with ben in regards to attitude or not playing hard.

Do you see your hero Ben making a big effort to improve his ball-handling skills? Do you see Ben trying hard on both ends of the court, or can you see that his only real interest is in putting up shots?

You have been all over Ben's nuts in this thread and several others, why not just give it a rest for awhile?
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #59
drwax26

Quote:
Do you see your hero Ben making a big effort to improve his ball-handling skills? Do you see Ben trying hard on both ends of the court, or can you see that his only real interest is in putting up shots?

You have been all over Ben's nuts in this thread and several others, why not just give it a rest for awhile?

I think he is a good player but to say false things about him is whack. You dont even provide good insight. You just make up stuff. I dont work out at the berto center so no i cant see what he is working on dummy....
Old 08-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #60
babybulls85
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:

His only interest is putting up shots yet he's lead the league in Blocked Shots and Defensive Rebounds
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: