Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Breakdown of the dangerous/cursed Adidas Rose....

After two players going down wearing these shoes, Rose and Ware, I would like to see if the shoes really played into why these guys blew out their knee and leg.

Or is it, simply that this brand is cursed. Here is how the shoes are made. My opinion is mostly based on the picture. If anyone has worn or own these shoes, they can probably chime in.

The shoe in question that injured Rose.....Adidas Rose 3.

It looks like it may be a design issue since it's built to wrap around for feet and ankles. It seems like a tight fit restricting movement. You need some sort of flexibility when you land. Granted, you move your ankle with movement but it's better than no give.

Traction not built well. Given the design and grip your legs get no flexibility during landing which probably cause Rose to blow out his knee.

Compare that to Kobes, Lebrons and MJ shoes that use minimal traction but the traction is wider for flexibility.

The Rose death trap traction. Very sticky like tires.

Rose 3.5 that snapped Ware's legs........

Notice the traction of death.

Weak heel support. It locks your heel and ankle and prevents shock to the foot, therefore, impact and shock runs up to your shins and leg.

Default Re: Breakdown of the dangerous/cursed Adidas Rose....

Give steph curry a pair lets test them out.

Banned

Notice the feet and the ankle don't give and there is no movement to release the energy of impact so it worked it's way up to the knees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo1UlzDeY-o

Notice Ware's feet don't give and the shoes just stick to the floor while putting tension and energy up Ware's leg. The shoe is the main culprit again due to traction. Modern shoes are not suppose to have these kind of traction. Adidas should have put more effort in designing how players land and where do they land the most. A rolled ankle is better than a blown out leg.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

The heel region definitely looks suspect.

Most shoes don't go inward in the heel area like that. They actually flare out a bit like the Kobe's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    The heel region definitely looks suspect.

Most shoes don't go inward in the heel area like that. They actually flare out a bit like the Kobe's.
    Pretty much agree about the heel since it's like your heel is sitting up on a pedestal but we don't know if it sits down below the sole or not. I think it may fit low and snug and prevents motion.

You're pretty much landing flat footed in them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

It can't just be a coincidence that every Adidas athlete gets hurt from knees down.

I'm starting to question whether I should even wear adidas Superstars for everyday casual walking. Am I doing my legs damage by rocking these?

Time to make the switch to Margiela Mirror Goldies so I can be on my A$AP I Be Dat Pretty Mothaf*cka shit.

Last edited by HardwoodLegend; 04-01-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    I'm starting to question whether I should even wear adidas Superstars for everyday casual walking. Am I doing my legs damage by rocking these?

Love the style but I don't rock any shoes that make you flat footed. I believe those are built like Chuck Taylor's. I love my Chuck's but they make your feet hurt due to lack of support.

Jack Purcell's may be the alternative. They look like Chuck's but gives you that support.

at OP

Rose was wearing a different shoe when he got hurt.

Notice the feet and the ankle don't give and there is no movement to release the energy of impact so it worked it's way up to the knees.
    Release the impact? It's either the impact goes to your ankles or knee. There is no way for the force to go away.

Not to mention a lot of athletes have their ankles taped to prevent rolls. I guess that's a death trap too.

As for the traction... i didn't know too much traction was bad for you. Could be the case though. But it was an accident. Nothing you can do about that.

If you think its the shoe's problem, then why are Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Damian Lillard not having problems wearing them?

Also, your Nike bias might be forgetting some lessons from the past...

5. Curry
    4. Bogut
    3. Roy
    2. Oden

&

1. Penny

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    at OP

Rose was wearing a different shoe when he got hurt.

Release the impact? It's either the impact goes to your ankles or knee. There is no way for the force to go away.

Not to mention a lot of athletes have their ankles taped to prevent rolls. I guess that's a death trap too.

As for the traction... i didn't know too much traction was bad for you. Could be the case though. But it was an accident. Nothing you can do about that.

If you think its the shoe's problem, then why are Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Damian Lillard not having problems wearing them?

Also, your Nike bias might be forgetting some lessons from the past...

5. Curry
    4. Bogut
    3. Roy
    2. Oden

&

1. Penny
    Yes, releasing the impact. Impact and pressure goes upward. Your shoes should be able to absorb the impact and as it moves up it gradually lessens.

There are 3 main critical parts in your leg: ankles, knees and hip.

The shoes were built or designed improperly that it caused both Rose and Ware to only play with 2 critical parts above the ankle. The shoes basically eliminated any leg support besides the ankles. It forced the most on the knees and the area between the ankle and knee, in Ware's case.

The shoes basically turned their legs into knees and hip. So they are essentially playing with two parts. Something had to snap
    and no surprise where too.

Both blowing out the same regions of their leg.

BTW...I think Nike's are overpriced and this is coming from a guy that thinks buying $500 shoes is okay. I only buy Nike's from outlets.
    Last edited by 9erempiree; 04-01-2013 at 03:05 AM.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Why don't you make a list of all the lower body injuries and shoes that were worn. Then you'll see that the shoe has nothing to do with it in any case. 0%, zero. The player that wears the shoe, wears it and knows the shoe. They LIKE the shoe because it matches their needs. Now, contact, athleticism, playing full speed, yeah, that has an impact on injury.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    Why don't you make a list of all the lower body injuries and shoes that were worn. Then you'll see that the shoe has nothing to do with it in any case. 0%, zero. The player that wears the shoe, wears it and knows the shoe. They LIKE the shoe because it matches their needs. Now, contact, athleticism, playing full speed, yeah, that has an impact on injury.
    Yes, the players wear the shoes. They wear it to match their needs and strengths but they will also neglect their weakness.

These are suppose to be performance shoes for superior athletes and I think shoe companies should take that into account.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Yes, the players wear the shoes. They wear it to match their needs and strengths but they will also neglect their weakness.

These are suppose to be performance shoes for superior athletes and I think shoe companies should take that into account.

Ohh durr.. yer right. The billions that have gone into this shoe science, and you've gotten it all figured out.

Maybe you should work for Adidas? Tell them your brilliant ideas. Tell them ISH sent you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    Ohh durr.. yer right. The billions that have gone into this shoe science, and you've gotten it all figured out.

Maybe you should work for Adidas? Tell them your brilliant ideas. Tell them ISH sent you.
    I believe there is such a thing as foot science but the guys at Adidas are more designers than scientists.

They really need to hire real scientist.